Yeah, that'll fix 'em!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Removing all the pics of "White men" from the halls, etc., will really fix 'em. Nothing like rewriting history, folks, after all, they "did'n do nuffin" worth mentioning!!

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/h...l-to-strip-portraits-of-white-men-from-walls/

Excerpt: "The far-left cultural cleansers have been very busy at Ivy League snob factory Harvard University.
The venerable Cambridge, Massachusetts institution is one of those determined to erase any vestiges of the oppressive white male patriarchy from their hallowed grounds and in a new effort to revise history, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital will be removing pictures of white men from the walls in the interests of diversity. The pictures honoring past luminaries in the Bornstein Amphitheater at Brigham and Women’s Hospital have been deemed insufficiently inclusive by the extremists who are determined to rid the nation of the memories of anything that they find offensive to their delicate sensitivities. Of the 31 portraits that will be removed, all are of white males with the exception of one which is Chinese."

Was watching tv last night and 4 commercials in a row were all black people. No other color. I wasn't watching BET, either. It was obvious enough to notice.

Don'tcha know, it is now discrimination if you don't star Blacks in commercials, movies, videos, etc!! PC BS carried to extremes. Other than that, no comment!!:ghostly:

Was watching tv last night and 4 commercials in a row were all black people. No other color. I wasn't watching BET, either. It was obvious enough to notice.
One you notice it you will quickly realize it is the new normal and has been for several years.
I rarely watch live TV, I DVR programs so I don't have to watch all the brain washing that takes place.

One of the commenters brought up an interesting point:

“I'm sure the Harvard donor list is similarly non-diverse. Maybe they should return all the endowments to the families as it suggests that white people are more generous.”

I will go one further. Isn’t removing the pictures the textbook definition of racism?

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race”

I am a 'sentimentalist' sort of, but where the facts can be scientifically determined I am a realist. There are not enough systemic differences in the DNA of the various human "races" to justify the term. The apparently unacceptable term 'coloreds' is much more representative of how humans (and many other animals) detect difference, though humans also use facial characteristics - because that's how we recognize acquaintances (our sense of smell ain't up to it).

What I'm oh-so-subtly leading up to here is the observation that our longstanding prejudices and the current foolishness are nurtured by differences that have no scientific value. Our real differences are sub-cultural, not racial. Yeah I know; it is what it is; but it ain't what it ain't.

You calling me colored?

When I born, I Black,
When I grow up, I Black,
When I go in Sun, I Black,
When I scared, I Black,
When I sick, I Black,
And when I die, I still black...

And you White fellow,
When you born, you pink,
When you grow up, you White,
When you go in Sun, you Red,
When you cold, you blue,
When you scared, you yellow,
When you sick, you Green,
And when you die, you Gray...
And you calling me colored??

Author unknown.

I am a 'sentimentalist' sort of, but where the facts can be scientifically determined I am a realist. There are not enough systemic differences in the DNA of the various human "races" to justify the term. The apparently unacceptable term 'coloreds' is much more representative of how humans (and many other animals) detect difference, though humans also use facial characteristics - because that's how we recognize acquaintances (our sense of smell ain't up to it).

What I'm oh-so-subtly leading up to here is the observation that our longstanding prejudices and the current foolishness are nurtured by differences that have no scientific value. Our real differences are sub-cultural, not racial. Yeah I know; it is what it is; but it ain't what it ain't.

I agree! "Color" It's an observation, not a judgement!

You calling me colored?

When I born, I Black,
When I grow up, I Black,
When I go in Sun, I Black,
When I scared, I Black,
When I sick, I Black,
And when I die, I still black...

And you White fellow,
When you born, you pink,
When you grow up, you White,
When you go in Sun, you Red,
When you cold, you blue,
When you scared, you yellow,
When you sick, you Green,
And when you die, you Gray...
And you calling me colored??

Author unknown.

Not a lot of African-Americans are black; mostly they are various shades of brown. I've never seen a white 'white person; nor a true albino human for that matter. I have read that when 'black' Americans visit sub-Saharan Africa to 'find their roots', the natives often inform them that they are obviously mixed-race.

Not a lot of African-Americans are black; mostly they are various shades of brown. I've never seen a white 'white person; nor a true albino human for that matter. I have read that when 'black' Americans visit sub-Saharan Africa to 'find their roots', the natives often inform them that they are obviously mixed-race.

I believe you missed the jest of the poem.

My crafting group has been very diverse. There was a woman who was from Sudan, who used to participate in our group. She was the darkest person I have ever seen in my life and her children were just as dark. Yes, most African Americans are mixed races. There is discrimination within the African American community. The lighter skinned you are, the more accepted you are.

As a child and when I was participating in art classes, skin tone was always a challenge for me. The skin colored crayon? I don't know anyone that color. Without ever having that conversation with my daughter, she too was interested in the variety of skin colors and how there is no one color that defines it.

I respectfully disagree...it takes very few genetic differenses to produce differences that are very dramatic. We share 98% of the genes of a chimp...it's the 2% that make us different. There are more than sufficient genetic differences between the "races" to make them separate races. I would not dispute that we all evolved froom the same ancestors somewhere along the line, but the different "races" went different directions at some point. Study history from a "racial perspective," and it give you a completely different picture of world history. There are undisputed differences in IG and other mental functions between the races, and undisputed physical differences as well. Check out the IQ differential and the difference in SAT/ACT scores between Blacks and Whites for example. Even mainstream scientists are now going back to the "genetic basis" for such differentials as that is really the only way to explain them. I am NOT saying any race is better than any other race.....could you survive in the African bush? Could a Bushman survive in the modern technological world of America? Not very well, in either case....not "better," just "different," but the difference is more and more appearing to revert to genetics as even the mainstream scientists are coming to believe. Blacks do not do well in America, or any other highly advanced technological nation for the simple reason their brain function is "different" than Whites. Blacks are "here and now" oriented, Whites are "future" oriented, and all the IQ, memory retention, ability to learn, and scholastic achievement tests back that up. Not better, but different. Africa has had the same thousands of years to "develop" as the rest of the world...but it hasn't...they are not mentally capable of it. This is gradually changing, yes, but it will be centuries if not thousands of years before they are where we are now. JMHO

Hah. Venomjockey, we utilize different sources of information to form our guidelines. Even some of the same sources we interpret differently. As long as we can respectfully disagree, we'll be OK here, eh?

Hey, even statistics can sometimes be only part of the story. I believe there is a genetic component at work, but how influential that is is anybody's guess. Even the "experts" disagree.

Back