Year round orchard?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pear and peach tree on my property, but have started cherries (2 have come up, 1 a full year after the other), lemons from seeds from a lemon, grapefruit from seed, and have a lime to cut and use to start seedlings. I will eventually plant the cherries in the yard when they are larger than 4 inches. The citrus, I will keep in large pots and move them in and out according to their needs and the weather.

too hot here for cherries. and i think we are going to add citrus next year. we already have peaches, nectarines, apples, pears ,fig, plum, and pawpaw. we also have blueberries,rasberry, and blackberry. gonna do strawberries in the spring.

Our fruit trees did better in containers inside GHouse. We took them out and lost them, except for figs . So we gave up on trees. it gets too cold here to grow without heat.
How cold does it get there?

I have apples, cherries, pears, and plumbs here and they have seen -11*F and they will see -20* to -30*F. They are planted on a slope and get good sun winter and summer.

Latest posts

Back