Your "Unbiased" Liberal Media @ Work...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOOTER13

SNIPER
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
If the digital or print Media is not publishing a story pushing the Democratic Liberal Agenda...then it's not covered at all.

Fake News at it's finest...yet most people see through their thinly veiled "unbiased" reporting...and recognize them as nothing but a mouthpiece for the liberal cause. They seriously don't even bother hiding it anymore...

You're wrong...they're right...so shut up You Deplorable Gun toting, Church going, Racist Homophobe !!!

Here's proof of their real agenda:

AAapfVx.img

Bearing F’s From the N.R.A., Some Democrats Are Campaigning Openly on Guns

AURORA, Colo. — When the Columbine High School massacre happened near here in 1999, many felt it would galvanize gun control efforts. Others thought the same in 2012, when a gunman killed 12 moviegoers at a midnight screening of “The Dark Knight Rises.”

Aurora’s experience with mass gun violence stretches back to 1993, when a former employee entered a Chuck E. Cheese’s and killed four people. The district has more registered Democrats than Republicans, and by presidential election results, it is slightly bluer than the nation as a whole.

Yet four successive Democrats have failed to unseat Representative Mike Coffman, a Republican with consistent A ratings from the National Rifle Association and more campaign contributions from the group than any other member of Colorado’s congressional delegation.

This year, however, Jason Crow — an Army veteran who wants to ban assault weapons, restrict high-capacity magazines and expand background checks — appears poised to defeat Mr. Coffman. A New York Times/Siena College poll last month showed Mr. Crow leading by nine points. Mr. Crow has also raised some $1.6 million more than Mr. Coffman.

He is one of a large number of Democrats who are campaigning explicitly on gun control in a way that most would not have dared do before, when an F rating from the N.R.A. could often be a political death sentence. In one House district in Pennsylvania, both candidates are jostling for the gun control mantle.

Gun rights remain a powerful motivator for millions of Americans, and Republicans continue to argue in many races that their Democratic opponents are a threat to the Second Amendment. According to Gallup polling, 43 percent of Americans have a gun in their home, and Jennifer Baker, a spokeswoman for the N.R.A., said the group had “a record number of dues-paying members and tens of millions of supporters who show up at the polls and vote for candidates who support our constitutional right to self-defense.”

Ms. Baker added that she believed the increased spending by groups supportive of gun restrictions had “energized our voters.”

At the same time, 61 percent of Americans want stricter gun laws, according to Gallup; that includes some gun owners. Support for universal background checks and red-flag laws is substantially higher. And this is emboldening some Democrats.

“So many candidates for Congress, particularly women, are running on this issue — not just making it part of their platform and not just supporting it, but actually running on it,” said Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, the grass-roots arm of Everytown for Gun Safety...which is funded by Michael Bloomberg, has endorsed 196 candidates this year in 36 states, and more than 40 volunteers for Moms Demand Action are running for office.

BBPjWen.img

© “People just wonder whether they are going to be next,” said Mark Kelly on mass shootings. Here, former Representative Gabrielle Giffords speaking at a voting rally in Las Vegas in October with Mr. Kelly, her husband.

A gun owner and former Republican, Ms. Gustafson is now challenging the majority leader of the Iowa Senate as a Democrat. (She went from Republican to independent in 2008 and registered as a Democrat in 2016, driven mainly by her views on health care and guns.) She said she discussed gun policy with every voter she visited.

“I say, ‘I’m a gun owner’ — and I always put my hand over my heart — ‘and I care about the Second Amendment, but I also want to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of people who shouldn’t have them,’” she said.

Some of this year’s gun-control candidates are, like Ms. Gustafson, gun owners, who hope that will give them more credibility with some voters on the fence about restrictions. Mr. Crow, a hunter who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, likes to emphasize that he has “used weapons of war and had them used against me.”

“I’ve never needed an M4 or AR-15 or anything like it to deer, duck or rabbit hunt,” Mr. Crow said. “Nor would I need a weapon like that to defend my home or my family here in the United States.”

Tyler Sandberg, a spokesman for Mr. Coffman, the Republican incumbent, called bans on specific types of firearms or magazines “extreme.” He added that Mr. Coffman supported red-flag laws and had helped to write a bill that would offer federal grants for state red-flag programs, as well as a school security bill.

“He is not one of these people who says, ‘No, we should do nothing about it,’” Mr. Sandberg said.

In fact, the National Association for Gun Rights, which bills itself as more conservative than the N.R.A., is angry with Mr. Coffman for, in its view, trying to “mollify” supporters of gun restrictions — perhaps as good an indication as any of how much power some Republicans perceive those voters to have now. Dudley Brown, the group’s president, referred to the red-flag bill as a “gun confiscation law” and said he didn’t care if Mr. Coffman lost.

Some politicians have changed their positions. After the Las Vegas shooting last year, Representative Tim Ryan, an Ohio Democrat who used to have an A rating from the N.R.A. but now has an F, donated all the money he had received from the N.R.A. to organizations like Everytown. Representative Brian Mast, Republican of Florida, changed his stance after the Parkland shooting and also went from an A to an F.

But much of the shift has been driven by Democrats who feel newly emboldened to express views they already held. In 2016, only four of the 36 candidates on the Democratic Party’s “red to blue” list — a list of candidates who the party thinks have a good chance of flipping Republican seats — included gun control in their platforms, according to Mark Kelly, the husband of former Representative Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona, who was shot in the head in 2011 while meeting with constituents. But 38 of the 59 candidates listed this year do.

Their proposals, some more controversial than others, range from expanded background checks and red-flag laws to banning AR-15s and similar weapons.

Nine years ago, when Peter Ambler was a legislative director in the House and Democrats had large majorities in both chambers, Congress passed the Affordable Care Act, a huge stimulus package and other liberal priorities — but no gun restrictions. “At that stage, leaders in both the Democratic and Republican parties had essentially identified guns and gun safety as a third rail,” Mr. Ambler said. “Even those who were passionate about gun safety knew better than to suggest we actually focus on it.”

Now, Mr. Ambler is the executive director of Ms. Giffords’s namesake group. And far from viewing gun control as a third rail, Giffords is supporting Mr. Crow with advertisements that highlight the N.R.A.’s donations to Mr. Coffman. “We can do that,” Mr. Ambler said, “because we know that the N.R.A. is held in pretty low regard.”

In Virginia, historically conservative on guns, Ms. Giffords’s organization endorsed 20 candidates last year, and 19 won, Mr. Ambler said. This year, Virginia is again home to several of Giffords’s and Everytown’s endorsed candidates, including Elaine Luria, Abigail Spanberger and Jennifer Wexton. Some are polling stronger than others, but all remain competitive with less than a week to go.

The politics around gun control have been shifting to some extent since the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, with the appearance of groups like Giffords and Everytown and an uptick in state gun restrictions. But Congress passed nothing major, and supporters of gun control despaired that even the massacre of first graders had not moved the needle at the national level. In the past year, though — especially since Parkland — the pace has accelerated in a way that advocates said felt like a tipping point.

=============================

They want your guns...and your unquestioning obedience on gun control...because they know what's best for you...!!

Yea...right !!

VOTE Tuesday November 6th...!!

Why is it that the “obvious” solution is to increasingly restrict the rights of those of us who never have, nor ever will be a threat? Why isn’t more effort put into better enforcing existing laws and stepping up to do the right thing when it comes to the needed scrutiny of questionable individuals and behavior?
In principle I’m not opposed to background checks, but I do hear the concern that they could be used as way to label and identify perfectly responsible gun owners in a more liberal environment.
Sorry for the rant y’all...

Speaking of 'un-biased media', 60 Minutes will be airing a segment on AR 15's this evening.

I want to try and catch it just to see how much they get correct, or lack of it.

I've never bought a firearm at a gun store or gun show without a background check...

NEVER

Always had to fill out a Form 4473 and call in a NICS.

So, where's the "loophole" they keep telling us about...!?

:huh:

Always had to fill out a Form 4473 and call in a NICS.

And from a licensed FFL, you always will. I am fortunate here in Michigan to walk in, pick out what I want, pay for it and walk out, Michigan recognizes my CPL as a background check.

The loophole they that are exploiting is occasionally you might find a private seller at a gun show that will do a private transaction.

Here in PA, we can make a private transaction on a long gun ( rifle / shotgun ) between two private parties...but a handgun must still go through an FFL transfer via NICS and a Form 4473.

Even then...some people want to do the transfer to get their name off the rifle or shotgun to protect themselves from liability.

I know I would...

Here in PA, we can make a private transaction on a long gun ( rifle / shotgun ) between two private parties...but a handgun must still go through an FFL transfer via NICS and a Form 4473.

Same here, as we have to actually register anything classified as a pistol, including the AR pistol I just put together.

Even then...some people want to do the transfer to get their name off the rifle or shotgun to protect themselves from liability.

I know I would...

Hey now, shouldn't have to do that as the BATFE doesn't hang on to that data.

You believe them, don't you? :confused;

The Second Amendment was given to us by the Founders (under God's inspiration I honestly believe) precisely for times when rulers--like King George III or (insert liberal dumbass of choice here)--try to force us to swallow their self-serving ideas about what is best for us!

(insert liberal dumbass of choice here)

OK!

Democrat Calls For Gun Confiscation, Suggests Nuking Americans Who Fight Back

On Friday, Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell implied that Americans who disagree with the far-let gun control agenda should face drastic consequences. The left’s goal is to force American citizens into surrendering their semi-automatic weapons and with regard to that, Swalwell suggested that the government is in possession of nuclear weapon that could deal with those who fight back.
In a May article, Swalwell called for government confiscation of all semi-automatic rifles. His radical plan involves a $15 billion government program that would help confiscate weapons from American citizens.

In response to this tweet, he wrote: “And it would be a short war my friend. The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they’re legit. I’m sure if we talked we could find common ground to protect our families and communities.”

His comment triggered a firestorm on Twitter.

https://americatheawesome.com/democr...VnuMSGnoIUoDsQ

There you go talking sense again...

Wow! Threetango has proposed some common sense gun legislation that is worth endorsing!
Most of the so-called "common sense gun legisnation" I've encountered focused on punishing
LAW-ABIDING Americans!

Threetango for president!

The anti gun agenda reminds me so much of the prohibition era & the so called war on drugs. History shows that during prohibition it was not hard at all to find & acquire illegal liquor, hence the birth of the "Speakeasy, the Blind Tiger & the Blind Pig". All were illegal establishments created for the sole purpose of selling illegal/prohibited goods. The same is true for the so-called "War on Drugs", which is a losing battle, always was & still being fought with no end in sight! In a nutshell, if folks want something, illegal or not, they will find & acquire it. Somewhere, somebody is selling it! Making guns illegal and stripping the law abiding citizen of their Constitutional rights will not stop criminals hell bent on acquiring & using them for illegal purposes! All it does is leave the law abiding citizen defenseless!

Last edited by a moderator:
In a nutshell, if folks want something, illegal or not, they will find & acquire it. Somewhere, somebody is selling it!
Anybody want to buy a bitchin' hot 250mw laser for your rifle? See the spot clearly at 100yds in broad-daylight? Illegal to sell in the US... Legal to buy, own, and use. The FDA limits the power of ones sold to consumers to a puny 5mw.
I don't sell theses (that would be illegal:rolleyes:) but I can hook you up with a chinaman who does:D. They're only about $50.
Looks like this:
IMG_2487.JPG

Lighting a target at 50 yards at night:
IMG_2573_c.JPG

110 yards away seen thru a scope in daylight:
IMG_2628.JPG

Back