YouTube fun videos

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that is one way to do what you want with what you have on hand.
I don't think it's "redneck" at all. It was well thought out and engineered appropriately.
I would have probably run the drive shaft off the engine in the truck. Just adapt it to the crankshaft balancer and be done with it.
Then you pick a gear that turns the blower fast enough and moves the truck slow enough. Now THAT would be redneck!

If we had that kind of focus and determination the world would be a better place!

We were talking on the bird feeder thread about squirrels and bird feeders. There could be a whole thread of these kinds of videos, showing squirrels and how people have tried to out maneuver them at the feeders.
I cannot watch those without laughing out loud!:LOL:
Here's one that survived running the battery down only to discover, he had twisted the rope up real good:D:
And you just gotta love the accent!:)

how a Redneck snow blows, lol

One of my all-time favorite retirement stories. A guy had worked for 3M his entire career in the headquarters in Minneapolis. When he retired people asked him what he was going to do. He said " I am going to put the snow blower on top of the car, and drive South until somebody says ' What is that thing '. Then I know I will be in a good place."

I know I am alone on this one, but you can keep the snow. I will head for the beach.

It appears that there is one company that has done lots of engineering to figure out how to squirrel proof a few different bird feeder designs. Their bird feeders are not cheap. They have four squirrel proof designs, none under $100, and one almost $200. If I had endless amounts of money, I would have at least one of them.

We were talking on the bird feeder thread about squirrels and bird feeders. There could be a whole thread of these kinds of videos, showing squirrels and how people have tried to out maneuver them at the feeders.

LOL, poor thing. If it comes back then there is no hope for it.

One of my all-time favorite retirement stories. A guy had worked for 3M his entire career in the headquarters in Minneapolis. When he retired people asked him what he was going to do. He said " I am going to put the snow blower on top of the car, and drive South until somebody says ' What is that thing '. Then I know I will be in a good place."

I know I am alone on this one, but you can keep the snow. I will head for the beach.

Your not alone.... I like snow in very small doses.

We have one of those feeders with the spinning perch, same one as in the video's. The squirrels are smart and figured it out. If there are no sunflower seeds under it one will go up the tree, slide down the wire, lower itself down to the perch and bang it as they fall. It will then run back up the tree and repeat 3 or 4 times. Then, it sets under the feeder eating the seeds that it dispersed when it spun around. A bit later the squirrel will repeat the process.

I mentioned it to the folks at the feed store when I picked up a few bags of bird seed. They nodded and said quite a few folks have reported their squirrels doing the exact same. Run rounds bumping the perch then eat the seeds it spits out, repeating as necessary.

Thought I would share this. These are really funny, and family oriented so you can watch with your kids or grandkids. These are some really good You Tube videos. This one is my favorite.

We have one of those feeders with the spinning perch, same one as in the video's. The squirrels are smart and figured it out. If there are no sunflower seeds under it one will go up the tree, slide down the wire, lower itself down to the perch and bang it as they fall. It will then run back up the tree and repeat 3 or 4 times. Then, it sets under the feeder eating the seeds that it dispersed when it spun around. A bit later the squirrel will repeat the process.

I mentioned it to the folks at the feed store when I picked up a few bags of bird seed. They nodded and said quite a few folks have reported their squirrels doing the exact same. Run rounds bumping the perch then eat the seeds it spits out, repeating as necessary.
I have placed feeders where I thought they couldn't get them. They are acrobats, and when they are able to get to them, they shake them to release feed. Now I think I might as well set up a squirrel (furry tailed rat) feeding station so they will leave the bird feeder alone. Maybe I should set up a feeding station a couple miles down the road.

Hey guys, for those of you who have young kids or grandkids, I heard about this, I dont know how good it will be. Its Dolly Parton who reads books to kids on YouTube.

Latest posts

Back