2A Notice

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was there. Very peaceful. No one was even tense. Leo's were walking around saying we are on your side too. I even believed most of them. It was a good day. Everyone even cleaned up trash afterwards. Hung around and ate a late lunch after before walking back to my car. Guess it was obvious where I was that day by my attire because on the couple mile walk back to my car the locals were driving by honking and waving with thumbs up. Good time had by all. Wont do a lick of good but at least our side of the street is clean from this point. We made our voices heard politely. Don't think the gov is gonna last through next election and if they try and shove their bs down the throats of the locals I met they will get quite the shock.

And look.....governor isnt even waiting till he has skewered the 2nd to try and skewer the 1st. And people think their other rights will be safe if they give up their guns. Just wow. Well, we arent subject to city of Richmond so we can go online and say everything the Virginians will soon not be able to.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+sum+HB1627

This guy and his cronies are in desperate need of some tar and feathers.

Threats and harassment of certain officials and property; venue. Provides that certain crimes relating to threats and harassment may be prosecuted in the City of Richmond if the victim is the Governor, Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General, or Attorney General-elect, a member or employee of the General Assembly, a justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, or a judge of the Court of Appeals of Virginia

Define certain crimes. This could mean anything they want it to mean, someone should take them to task.

Displeasure or criticism toward a public official IS the very definition of free speech. What a bunch of snowflakes.

Any law that diminishes a right is not a law, it is an unlawful act and cannot be enforced.

Any law that diminishes a right is not a law, it is an unlawful act and cannot be enforced.

Exactly! That is why I am pushing this 2A sanctuary stuff, to send a message to local and state officials that "We the People" are tired of it and we aren't gonna take it anymore.

I have stated before the manners and civility that was shown during the rally are only seen by a progressive communist as weakness. These elites that have lived in their cloistered towers have obviously never faced the explosive rage from someone that has tried to maintain polite manners and calm during offensive rude unlawful attacks. Just look what happened at Kings Mtn. in the revolutionary war and what led up to it.

I have stated before the manners and civility that was shown during the rally are only seen by a progressive communist as weakness. These elites that have lived in their cloistered towers have obviously never faced the explosive rage from someone that has tried to maintain polite manners and calm during offensive rude unlawful attacks. Just look what happened at Kings Mtn. in the revolutionary war and what led up to it.

Yeah but at least our side of the street is clean. No matter what happens we can say.... well we tried in the best way possible. If gloves come off (or put on in this case) then we can rest easy in our start on the high ground.

Well they passed all the laws except the assault weapon ban. We will see how well those sanctuary counties hold up.

If the Sheriff does his part and the supporting public do their part in refusing to enforce/follow these unconstitutional laws it could get interesting.

Sorry to hear that, Crachbottom Louis. Do you really have so many leftists in big cities that they carry the will of the state? I'm curious if maybe this isn't really the will of most Virginians.

If the Sheriff does his part and the supporting public do their part in refusing to enforce/follow these unconstitutional laws it could get interesting.
This happened in New York. Sheriffs and other LEOs refuse to enforce the SAFE Act. But it isn't about confiscating or arresting yet. It's about having the law on the books to come down like a ton of bricks later, at their convenience, on whomever they want to. Who they'll get to do the dirty work is unknown. It won't be local people.

What the SAFE Act did do was make it much harder to buy firearm-related items online (magazines, ammo, part kits, stocks, etc.).

Yes according to my BIL. Here in NM everything is decided by 3 cities. Abq, Santa Fe and Las Cruces. The rest of the state gets out voted.

Terri I think most of our major cities are like this now. Instead of standing our ground and staying put we all ran to suberbs and rural areas. I miss downtown atmospher and the fun and hussle and busell of the late great city of Atlanta. When I was young you could take the last bus at midnight home and never worry about being attacked.
Now there are at least 39 gangs led mostly by foreign cartels.

Well they passed all the laws except the assault weapon ban. We will see how well those sanctuary counties hold up.

The Red Flag Laws are the most dangerous IMO. With that they can take any firearm almost at will.

Terri I think most of our major cities are like this now. Instead of standing our ground and staying put we all ran to suberbs and rural areas. I miss downtown atmospher and the fun and hussle and busell of the late great city of Atlanta. When I was young you could take the last bus at midnight home and never worry about being attacked.
Now there are at least 39 gangs led mostly by foreign cartels.

I haven't lived in a city since I was a child and have never wanted to. To crowded, dirty, noisy. I like space, peace and to see the stars at night.

I haven't lived in a city since I was a child and have never wanted to. To crowded, dirty, noisy. I like space, peace and to see the stars at night.

Wel 'exxcuuuuse me then.:p. Maybe you just visited the wrong city or too young to know what your talking about? :dunno:.

Atlanta Gerogia was the souths most advanced and beautiful cities and the slums there were ok places to live compared to today. Time sure did a number on that place though like it has all our cities.:cop:

I lived in many cities as a child and there's not 1 I'd like to go back to. I just like open spaces and my privacy to much.

I don't want to go back either but do wish if I wanted to visit I wouldn't need to bring in armored vehicles and body guards,:ghostly:. I grew up with the best of both worlds city and wide open hilly spaces.

Sorry to hear that, Crachbottom Louis. Do you really have so many leftists in big cities that they carry the will of the state? I'm curious if maybe this isn't really the will of most Virginians.

This happened in New York. Sheriffs and other LEOs refuse to enforce the SAFE Act. But it isn't about confiscating or arresting yet. It's about having the law on the books to come down like a ton of bricks later, at their convenience, on whomever they want to. Who they'll get to do the dirty work is unknown. It won't be local people.

What the SAFE Act did do was make it much harder to buy firearm-related items online (magazines, ammo, part kits, stocks, etc.).

I dont live in VA but that does appear to be the case there unless all the gerrymandering and electronic vote counting stole the election as most people I spoke to in VA seem to think. The VA gov isn't listening to the people in regards to these laws and they have firm control of the government so they don't need to listen to pass the laws. The bills still have to jump through a couple hoops before they become law. We can only hope VA gov comes to their senses. With impeachment trial and corona virus this is becoming a backpage news story.

And you re not safe from this if you don't live in a city. This whole city vs rural living talk is besides the point and a silly distraction from the issue at hand.

Latest posts

Back