500 guns found on Souther Californication home!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Yeah, the guy is allegedly a collector, but my guess is he's a supplier for the gangs.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/19/more-than-500-guns-seized-from-southern-california-homes.html

Excerpt: "Authorities have seized more than 550 guns at two Southern California homes and made one arrest after getting a tip that a convicted felon was storing an arsenal. Sixty-year-old Manuel Fernandez was arrested last week after Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies and state and federal investigators raided his Agua Dulce home.

I don't care that he was a felon, if you've served your time and are off paper, all rights should be restored. you are either a free man, or you aren't.
If you are too dangerous to own a firearm, then you are to dangerous to be allowed in society.

I believe they also counted all the uppers as firearms, and they aren't.

A lot of shotguns, hunting rifles, old military bolt action and semi-auto, and some AR15 uppers. There may have been some AR15's over in the rack but the picture is unclear.

He is being held as a suspected felon because of his guns but has no prior conviction. The confiscations have begun. Wake up folks.

He is being held as a suspected felon because of his guns but has no prior conviction. The confiscations have begun. Wake up folks.
Wait, the article didn't say suspected did it? I thought it said felon in possession..that would mean he was a prior felon.
Unless they already convicted him because of the standard capacity magazines, and for not having "featureless rifles"

Either way, it seems they are making more crimes felonies, or increasing the sentences to more that a year for lesser crimes, so as to prohibit people from legally possessing firearms.

They won't stop until everyone is disarmed, except for those they choose...if I have to explain who "they" are, you'll never understand :)

A quote from the article, "Fernandez was booked on suspicion of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition and illegally possessing an assault rifle and large-capacity magazines."
They forgot that he is presumed innocent until convicted and that he has a right to keep and bear arms. His only crime is living in California while collecting guns. My bet is the guns will be destroyed or "lost" before he is found not guilty.

A quote from the article, "Fernandez was booked on suspicion of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition and illegally possessing an assault rifle and large-capacity magazines."
They forgot that he is presumed innocent until convicted and that he has a right to keep and bear arms. His only crime is living in California while collecting guns. My bet is the guns will be destroyed or "lost" before he is found not guilty.
Thanks

Don't take it too lightly, it could be you next...
The disease is spreading and the republic is falling.
It is time to stand up and fight!

Nowhere does the article state he has a felony conviction. He is a suspected felon because he has guns.

Authorities have seized more than 550 guns at two Southern California homes and made one arrest after getting a tip that a convicted felon was storing an arsenal.

If indeed he is a convicted felon then this is illegal under federal law.

Read it again. It clearly states a "convicted felon".

Here is a better article from a local station near me, since this occurred about an hour away from where I live.

By ABC7.com staff
Monday, June 18, 2018 10:13PM
AGUA DULCE, Calif. (KABC) --
Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies and federal agents seized more than 550 firearms from a convicted felon in Agua Dulce, officials said.

The investigation began with a tip that a man who was a convicted felon - later identified as Manuel Fernandez, 60 - was in possession of a large arsenal of firearms.

Investigators served a search warrant early Thursday in the 34700 block of unincorporated Agua Dulce.

They say they found and seized 432 firearms as they searched the property. They arrested Fernandez for being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition.

They were then led to another property connected with Fernandez in the 34900 block of Sweetwater Drive and seized 30 illegal firearms that were being held by a woman connected to him. She was not at the property and has not been found since, but investigators are preparing charges for the District Attorney's Office to review.

They then returned to Fernandez's residence a day later and found an additional 91 firearms that had been hidden. They also seized computers, cellphones and hard drives.

Sheriff's deputies are working with the U.S. Department of Justice and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to investigate how Fernandez acquired all the weapons.

Fernandez is out on bail and is scheduled to appear in Antelope Valley Superior Court on July 9.

I will add that since he is already out on bail, he is obviously connected to big money. From where? Gang empire? Rich girlfriend? Drugs? I will tell you that this area (Agua Dulce) is one of the biggest methamphetamine manufacturing locations in the world, and very isolated from civilization, so I'm guessing the latter.

A felon can no longer possess a firearm in California (or ANY state in our Union) , and since is he is ALREADY a convicted felon, ANY possession of a firearm is a violation of his condition of parole.

But what about those not on parole or probation.....doesn't "restoration of rights" include the right to own a firearm?

But what about those not on parole or probation.....doesn't "restoration of rights" include the right to own a firearm?
ONLY if the rights have been applied for and restored by an order of the court.

A felon can no longer possess a firearm in California (or ANY state in our Union) ....

Actually, that statement is wrong.

Texas Penal Code Sec 46.04 allows for a person with a felony conviction to possess a firearm on the premises where he lives, five years after the disposition of his conviction.

It is still a Federal violation though.

Actually, that statement is wrong.

Texas Penal Code Sec 46.04 allows for a person with a felony conviction to possess a firearm on the premises where he lives, five years after the disposition of his conviction.

It is still a Federal violation though.
Alaska has similar legislation but only for long guns. They still can't buy a gun through an FFL due to the federal laws.

ONLY if the rights have been applied for and restored by an order of the court.
or a pardon by the gov..
Alaska has similar legislation but only for long guns. They still can't buy a gun through an FFL due to the federal laws.
correct, the nics check would prevent it. They can buy it from a private party though.

Latest posts

Back