A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2f86d1f45da0922df0d6d60fba3796a4.jpg

I even had these..

Jim

We were never allowed to play any of that in school. Boys played football and girls played softball. Otherwise we climbed on monkey bars or went down slides.

Thats because all that processed food and modern day conveinces thrown at your generation demanded more physical than mental type games.
Not much easy work or play ,no dish washers, many times no washing machines [ guess who scrubbed those clothes and washed those dishes ].
We were always on our feet climbing trees, playing tag, building tree huts, chasing animals riding maginary broomstick horses,etc,etc,etc. for fun and entertainment.
Then came the hard lober work parents made us do.

Thats because all that processed food and modern day conveinces thrown at your generation demanded more physical than mental type games.
Not much easy work or play ,no dish washers, many times no washing machines [ guess who scrubbed those clothes and washed those dishes ].
We were always on our feet climbing trees, playing tag, building tree huts, chasing animals riding maginary broomstick horses,etc,etc,etc. for fun and entertainment.
Then came the hard lober work parents made us do.

What do you mean "no dishwashers". I thought my sister and I did an admirable job. We ate from those same dishes the next night and nobody complained.

Peeries not pearlies :rolleyes:

And always had a favorite shooter,

You shoot from outside the circle at the pot.
Everybody playing put in a pre agreed number of marbles.
Shooter shot until he no longer knocked a marble out of the circle .
That's how I went to school with 10 marbles and came home with all pockets bulging..

I was a champion shooter.

Jim

I grew up with boys one older the rest my age or closer and little girls,10 of us kids between mama and my aunt,her sister,so I played marbles built tree huts and ran through the woods and did all boy things.
I was not that good at marbles but better at swimming, enginerring huts and bridges across creeks. It was a wonderful life ecept I lost fights as the boys got older even the youngest could whip me. This was my attitude as a child till 13.

Ahh, the memories :)
Yes. Those were a b***h to outrun. The 318's were easy.
If the Roadrunner guy made his shifts right, you were in for one hell of a run.
We passed around Muncie 4-speed transmissions like candy for $100 each.
We even bought wrecked Mopars and tore down those 383's to see what made them tick.
Learned a lot.
...back when we had fun:D.

We liked the 327,396 and 427s.
As did we.
You take a few crazy motivated guys that can port heads, tune carbs, cc pistons, and you have people hitting the streets saying:
"Where did that bastad go? It's payback time! ":waiting:
Good times.:D

As did we.
You take a few crazy motivated guys that can port heads, tune carbs, cc pistons, and you have people hitting the streets saying:

We had a souped up 'if you can soup up a 65 chevy SS Impala' when we eloped to Daytona beach in 1967. first car I picked to drag with was a Nomad Wagon. I looked at my friend and laughed and said, " look at the fool in the station wagon,wants to drag".
A moment later all I saw was his smoke as his front end came up off the pavement. She laughed so hard she was partly in the floor.

We had a souped up 'if you can soup up a 65 chevy SS Impala' when we eloped to Daytona beach in 1967. first car I picked to drag with was a Nomad Wagon. I looked at my friend and laughed and said, " look at the fool in the station wagon,wants to drag".
A moment later all I saw was his smoke as his front end came up off the pavement. She laughed so hard she was partly in the floor.

Back in the early 80s we bought a five year old Ford Econoline 15 passenger van. The guy who sold it was a mechanic. He warned us to go easy on the accelerator as it had a 450 engine with a 4 barrel racing cam, and a few other modifications.

I think he understated it a bit. Five years later were were still driving the rust bucket fully loaded with six passengers, a summer's worth of camping traveling supplies and two loaded roof racks.

That van could lay you back in the seat instantly, going up the side of the Rocky Mountains. Even on the flat there wasn't anything on the road that could out accelerate it. We were too chicken/responsible to see how fast it could really go.

As did we.

Do you remember these ?Lots of memories & pictures inthe song.Even A&W Rootbeer where I curb hopped on roller skates,fun.

Latest posts

Back