A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morgans are great houses. Not the workers the larger breeds are. But they eat a lot less and can get it tighter areas.
Being a 'patriotic Vermonter', I read about them. they were, apparently, bred to be an all-around horse for the then-typical small dairy farmer (20-30 head), capable at pulling a plow or a wagon in a pair, and as a saddle horse. I have read rumors that, after the breed had gained popularity and spread, there were some "big Morgans", especially in the West.

Remember...

FB_IMG_1609728506490.jpg

Jim

Hah. The ADG was funny, and more 'family fare' than Blazing Saddles - which contained some not very subtle innuendo.
Mel Brooks subtle?

While in college I had philosophy professor that used to do stand-up comedy at some resort in upstate NY. But he was not the only comedian. He shared a room with Mel Brooks. His lectures were a howl and heavily influenced by Mel.

Ben

Big fan of Mel Brooks, my favorite is Young Frankenstein. He was part of so many great movies that are funny no matter the generation watching.
My favorite (haven't watched it for decades) may have been titled On The Way To The Forum. It did run on some, but . . .

High beams switch

Ben
Naa. That's a demmer switch.
Step on it and Schumer pops out from under your hood with a flashlight.
Let your light shine Chuck!!!
lightbulbidea.gif

My Grandpa had a 1959 Oldsmobile 98 that had a dimmer switch and a second switch that looked the same next to the dimmer switch that was used to change the station on the Wonderbar radio.
You could also remove the radio and take it with you to listen to your favorite station.
Oldsmobile was the performance/inovation mark in the GM line for some time. Equivalent in that regard to DeSoto in the Chrysler line. The big Hemi engines were in DeSotos first, I seem to remember. (I seem to remember a lot of stuff; caution is advised.)

It seems to get harder to locate the grain hiding in the chaff, in "news" anyway, as the Information Age matures. Too many interested parties have learned how to 'spin', and have realized that critical thinking is not popular among the populace anyway. Meaning that the grain may not even be required.

It seems to get harder to locate the grain hiding in the chaff, in "news" anyway, as the Information Age matures. Too many interested parties have learned how to 'spin', and have realized that critical thinking is not popular among the populace anyway. Meaning that the grain may not even be required.

You right about that.👍

Latest posts

Back