A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went up in the Arch to look out the little windows during the worst heat wave in 30yrs. It was like an oven and stank! Smelled like the worst BO imaginable. The walls were covered with condensation from the sweat. Not a pleasant experience. Oh, if you're claustrophobic... not recommended. I was nearly at the top when a big guy freaked out and had to back down the ladder.

Completed 1965

1965 stlouis.jpeg

A guided tour into
1700134837429.png

https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/152/900/375/playable/342d5c4acf749909.mp4

I had a Chambers gas stove similar to the one at the end. I found it along the way in my youth, rebuilt it and it went with the first house I remodeled. One difference from that one, it had a 4th burner place that was a deep well, for a stainless steel stock pot. The stock pot did very well, like a crock pot ising just minimal flame. The flip up broiler never got hot enough to do something like a steak very well. It would cook it, but not hot enough for a nice sear and make it rare. IT did, however, make an excellent griddle top for pancakes.

Latest posts

Back