A couple of books I've recently enjoyed

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This book is the basis of the play I'm going to have my dolls in and make the central character. I originally bought the ebook and Audible so I would know the story so I can dress the dolls as in the book. There are two specifics. And then director asked me how to get a 3 foot rabbit. Easiest is to make him. This is a good story for young folks, but soul refreshing and nice for adults, too The book reader is very easy and nice to listen to, too.

51%2B5cwVK9aL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Miraculous-J.../ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

This is by the same author as the above book. I liked the story of the above, so found this one to listen to. It's charming and it's basically a kid book, but very nice for an adult that wants something relaxing to listen to or read.

51-HSLGpziL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Because-Winn...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1569377749&sr=8-1

Was just looking at "40 Years in the Wilderness", by Dolly Faulkner. We talk about living in a remote cabin but this gal did it. Her husband left her at a cabin that was accessible only by air. He'd fly back every month or every year and give her another kid. I don't remember meeting Dolly but I do know her kids.

Was just looking at "40 Years in the Wilderness", by Dolly Faulkner. We talk about living in a remote cabin but this gal did it. Her husband left her at a cabin that was accessible only by air. He'd fly back every month or every year and give her another kid. I don't remember meeting Dolly but I do know her kids.

Sounds really interesting. I'll have to check it out. (I'm not too sure I'd like that arrangement with the husband. Seems he got the best end of that deal, unless she really liked living like that.)

Sounds really interesting. I'll have to check it out. (I'm not too sure I'd like that arrangement with the husband. Seems he got the best end of that deal, unless she really liked living like that.)
The husband was a real piece of work but she wanted his cabin and the lifestyle enough to put up with him. I found it an interesting story and an education as to living in a truly remote site. Anyone that ever planned to dash off to the wilderness when the SHTF should be required to read this book. I've lived in the wild but nothing remotely like this.

The husband was a real piece of work but she wanted his cabin and the lifestyle enough to put up with him. I found it an interesting story and an education as to living in a truly remote site. Anyone that ever planned to dash off to the wilderness when the SHTF should be required to read this book. I've lived in the wild but nothing remotely like this.
I may have shared about my friend who left Northern Alberta to “homestead” (squat) on some land in Alaska. He filled his taxi with outdoor gear, a mastiff and a goat ( just one for milk, and she had never been bred. He somehow managed to survive the summer, but winter found him a picnic shelter with a wood stove, enclosed with some tarps. He was out of food and almost frozen to death when someone found him and rescued him.... and the mastiff ate the goat. True story, and not exaggerated, if anything it is understated

Latest posts

Back