Abandon all hope. You're a fool if hope is part of your reality.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical swamp creature
That boy had coon ass. wrote all over him

Attachments

• IMG_0524.jpeg
    IMG_0524.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 0
Here in the north of the south, we have several large towns that are IDEAL to settle in if you already have a bit of cash to start with, say ten grand+Land costs, the economy is actually decent still and there are MANY job opportunities and supply sources all within a 30 minute drive. I'm just outside Dalton. Notice the ease of access to the interstate and untamed areas.View attachment 118927
Another 10 years and that will be a suburb of Atlanta.
40 years ago Rabun County was beautiful, but I haven't been back since.
Heck, even Dawsonville was becoming a bedroom community of Atlanta when I was last there in 1995.

I am totally serious, abandon all hope and plan for a reality we can't comprehend. It is over for the American Empire.......OVER. The dominos will cascade rapidly now. There truly is no hope. The best you can do is try to save those you love, that are looking to you to guide them through the long dark future. There is no hope, only the passion to survive. No matter what.
This is the first time I noticed this thread and so far I've only read the OP. I must say I bet almost ALL long time preppers have, do, and will always HOPE for the best while they PREPARE for the worst! I will add that being prepared also makes everyday life MUCH EASIER!

NO.......There is none so blind as he who chooses to not see.

Fools will suffer extremely for being in denial.

La-La land is bliss........till reality shows up.

Aye...

TIT011DJ_0-345b632.jpg
o_O

..People keep thinking: 'Well, the 'Lights are still On' / internet / 'Society' is still "functioning", etc', therefore that = that it Cannot (or, will-not, in Our lifetime ('current common era') Sink, but...

..Those who 'extrapolate the Math' (and History..) can come to No Other conclusion than, it is Simply a matter of Time: This Ship Will Sink.

'Sad' and all that, but.. Gotta get Past that 'stage on the Grief-scale', and Get to those 'lifeboats', while still-able.. +1 for You being So far 'ahead of the curve'.. :cool:

jd

Last edited:
This is the first time I noticed this thread and so far I've only read the OP. I must say I bet almost ALL long time preppers have, do, and will always HOPE for the best while they PREPARE for the worst! I will add that being prepared also makes everyday life MUCH EASIER!
Problem is you cannot prepare for the worst. 99.9% of humans are going to die if this scenario I have been reading about happens ( pole reversal, total destruction of civilization and most life on the planet) except a few very lucky ones that cling to the side of Pikes Peak or are in some huge underground government shelter
Remember that movie 2012? That!

One of the best things about Virginia and homesteading is we get all four seasons. The bad thing is this sometimes happens in a single day! ROTFLMAO because that's a mostly true statement!!!!!!!!!

This is my take on this discussion.

ht
1699210688141.png

One of the best things about Virginia and homesteading is we get all four seasons. The bad thing is this sometimes happens in a single day! ROTFLMAO because that's a mostly true statement!!!!!!!!!
Yep we sure had them this last week, went from 80 to 15 and back to 70 in a week
had some snow on the ground, and now it feels like summer again

What kind of money would that take?
I have no idea

Land is selling 1000 acre up to 5000 just drpends

The piece with a pond looks like it was an elderly couple. They died. The house was sold and moved. The land sits. Usually that means a relative out of town. Motivated seller?

If I ever leave Georgia I'll either go to the Bayou or Arizona.
Probably Arizona. Being a desert rat agrees with me.
Given the temperature, the shrinking aquifer, and the masses of people, I would not consider Arizona (having left it for Idaho in 2018 after 40 years) as the best place to make it in a SHTF scenario.

Given the temperature, the shrinking aquifer, and the masses of people, I would not consider Arizona (having left it for Idaho in 2018 after 40 years) as the best place to make it in a SHTF scenario.
While I really love Arizona, water is the big issue. The big cities are quickly draining the aquifers. I left Tucson for that very reason. Finding an affordable place near / next to a year around water source is very difficult.

While I really love Arizona, water is the big issue. The big cities are quickly draining the aquifers. I left Tucson for that very reason. Finding an affordable place near / next to a year around water source is very difficult.
You're right. Bad as the Phoenix/Mesa area's water supply is, at least the Maricopa County cities have access to the Salt River watershed and all those man-made lakes, like Saguaro, Roosevelt, etc. Since Tucson dealt itself out of the Central Arizona Project in the late 1990's, it's relied on groundwater, and now you can see subsidence holes on the 77/177 Highway from Superior to Oracle Junction, where the water level is down 60-80 feet, alas.

When Dawn and I were looking for our final SHTF home, the aquifer was a prime consideration. This led us to southern Idaho, Twin Falls County, and the Snake River Aquifer, which ought to keep us and our garden-and-critters alive for the foreseeable future.

Good luck on finding any place in the Southwest with year-round running water or even springs which you might afford (or isn't owned by the Gubmint)!

Water and the people around you, some of my prime considerations. Another reason i like living close to the rocky mountain divide and the upper missouri river. low rain fall just over the divide on the eastern side of the rockies for the dry low humidity weather and great solar capability. Three headwaters rivers coming out of the mountains and yellowstone area to form the missouri with various lakes and wet lands within easy distance even on a bicycle.

Latest posts

Back