AMC Thread

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMC

The Shaman of suburbia's son and apprentice.
Neighbor
Hello, I am AMC. Son of Magus.

I am here to share and learn.

I am prepping for an EMP, my gut tells me that's what it'll be about.

So far, I've bought books on surviving an EMP, and next month I'm buying a water purifier. I don't know if you can mention product names, but I'm ordering a good one in 11 days.

My current plans include getting a garden set up, getting bicycles ready, creating a library of reboot society books, (taking all manner of suggestions for what to have in a doomsday library,) faraday cage filled with electronics and a solar panel charger or something among other things.

Welcome! We have been waiting for you to join. Brand names are welcome, especially if there is a range report to go along with it. You will see people bragging, complaining, and inquiring about specific brands.

So far, I've bought books on surviving an EMP, and next month I'm buying a water purifier. I don't know if you can mention product names, but I'm ordering a good one in 11 days.

My current plans include getting a garden set up, getting bicycles ready, creating a library of reboot society books, (taking all manner of suggestions for what to have in a doomsday library,) faraday cage filled with electronics and a solar panel charger or something among other things.
Well AMC, here's a better avatar for you.
They ruled the roads at one time:
javcop02.jpg

Those things were fast. I knew a guy that bought one with no idea what he actually had. He scared himself so bad he drove it like an old grandma from then on. If there was ever a guy that should not have had a fast car it was him.
I never could get him to race me and I'm probably glad now. It would have been close.

Welcome, great to see the next generation taking a firm interest,
Tons of EMP info, I always like to lean towards the worst case scenario,
keeping what we have learned is really important.

Those things were fast. I knew a guy that bought one with no idea what he actually had. He scared himself so bad he drove it like an old grandma from then on. If there was ever a guy that should not have had a fast car it was him.
I never could get him to race me and I'm probably glad now. It would have been close.
Yes, and if one of the above ever chased you down, you never forgot it for the rest of your life.
"Don't handcuff me yet, I gotta see what you got under that hood! 😳".

I don't want to derail AMC's welcome-aboard thread, so I will say: plenty of great info on the forum about prepping for an EMP and where the vulnerabilities are.
Search is your friend.:thumbs:
Welcome aboard!:huggs:

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Mad Max car was an Australian Ford Maverick, not an AMC.
It had a 351 Cleveland engine.

Welcome from Alaska! You need to have your dad get you one of those muscle cars like what is posted above! Don't tell him it was my idea! :)

Welcome AMC!

I encourage you to prep for an EMT. If it comes, you're in better shape than most. If it never comes, you've learned a lot and you're STILL in better shape than most. You can't lose. That's what prepping is about.

Welcome from Colorado, AMC, Son of Magus. It is great to meet you.
I think that prepping is a wise thing to do. I've been prepping off and on for many years. Even if a person were independently wealthy, it would take time to gather up all the things you would need. Best of luck to you! (And all of us!)

Welcome to the forum! I used to live a few miles from Arnold AF base in TN. They had an EMP simulator, 7 stories tall and 100yrds in diameter.

When they ran a test every electronic device in the county would go nuts for an hour or so. I had a good friend who was an engineer on the project. The few things he was allowed to tell me were quite interesting.

If I'm allowed to say it, then I'm buying a Berkey Royal.

You are allowed to say anything as long as you are willing to take the responsibility for it.

Welcome! I've been worried about satellites too. Writing things down and buying books. Things with out power/internet seem like a good idea right about now!

Latest posts

Back