Another new cat???😮🤔

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks piffed! Is he small-ish? He'll stick around, waiting for his next meal, for the rest of his life, at his safe haven, maybe the first one he's ever had. That's a nice stripe pattern on his head. It has a nice curl to it, our cat's is straight. You're a such a good cat mudder. mother

He looks piffed! Is he small-ish? He'll stick around, waiting for his next meal, for the rest of his life, at his safe haven, maybe the first one he's ever had. That's a nice stripe pattern on his head. It has a nice curl to it, our cat's is straight. You're a such a good cat mudder. mother
He is a very tall cat, big paws, that's why I think he has some Maine Coon in him. He is just SO skinny!!

Yep, not old! Got a really good look at his teeth 👍, big, but white. Got to look ALL of him over today (sat on my lap in a lawn chair loving the attention)! He was recently neutered, short shaved around his "area". And still has the blue marker where his "area" was worked on!😉 He had a GREAT day, handling the food and doing better with the girls! Annie (little black cat) got a mockingbird baby out of a nest (she's tough) and brought it to Sammy. Annie ate it, but that was sweet! What a cool cat!! All of them!

Annie (little black cat) got a mockingbird baby out of a nest (she's tough) and brought it to Sammy. Annie ate it, but that was sweet! What a cool cat!! All of them!
She's not playing jealous and not trying to inflict pain upon Sammy. Offering him some food! I hope they end up being snuggle buddies and you'll be posting pix of your kitty hacienda

Sammy had a hard time eating this morning, he finally ate some tuna! That's one of the challenges with emaciated cats, their bodies can't handle the food! He ate more than ever yesterday so that probably threw his system off! So after a small breakfast he is napping in the front porch condo! Hopefully he feels better later!

Having plenty of clean fresh water available will certainly help... poor little guy just needs to hydrate and put on some pounds. Canned tuna is pretty rich, but once he gets past the first time, he should be alright. Good on ya for watching over that cat, he has just been neglected and needs to regain his strength. I think he's gonna be alright and he'll show some improvement over the next few days, now that you're looking after him. Probably saving his life... but you caught him in time, and cats are pretty tough and resilient. Looking forward to more pics! Cheers! :cool:

@Pearl Do you ever buy the containers of chicken livers and giblets? The container is the size of a cottage cheese container. Sometimes I get those for the cat and dog. Bring it to a boil in a pan of water, simmer, partially covered for 45 minutes. I don’t give the cat much at all at one time, maybe a teaspoon of it smushed up. Add a little of the cooking liquid. That would probably help Sammy (and your other cats and Bear). If you’re giving him dry kibble maybe add a little water or the cooking liquid to the kibble. Sorry I didn’t mention it sooner.
That’s interesting he didn’t start grooming himself until today. His sisters are a good example. 🐱

@Pearl Do you ever buy the containers of chicken livers and giblets? The container is the size of a cottage cheese container. Sometimes I get those for the cat and dog. Bring it to a boil in a pan of water, simmer, partially covered for 45 minutes. I don’t give the cat much at all at one time, maybe a teaspoon of it smushed up. Add a little of the cooking liquid. That would probably help Sammy (and your other cats and Bear). If you’re giving him dry kibble maybe add a little water or the cooking liquid to the kibble. Sorry I didn’t mention it sooner.
That’s interesting he didn’t start grooming himself until today. His sisters are a good example. 🐱
Great idea! I also feed the cats and Bear sardines!

I'm almost afraid to ask. How many cats do you have? My wife tends to rescue dogs.

Oh Pearl, I am so sorry about poor Sammy. :-(
I regret not bringing home a few kitties that ended up getting killed by dogs or disappearing.
Editing bc I got the name wrong. I suck at remembering things.

Last edited:
Need to tell Sammy's story!! Thank you all so much, I am very passionate about my animals and Sammy is no different even though I I just got him!! I found his body yesterday morning, dried blood, missing a lot of hair, curled up behind some firewood. I went and got gloves and picked him up to bury him...he MOVED!! Wrapped him in a towel and took him straight to the vet! They gave him two ounces of blood (a cat has 12oz in it's body) and IV fluids! The tom hit an artery on his back leg, amazing he lived, especially in his emaciated state! I pick him up a little while ago, looks horrible, but feels better than ever!!! He has antibiotics to take! I brought him in the house and he freaked out, got him out the back door! He wants NO part of being a house cat! He went in his dog house on the front porch, fixing to feed him. He will spend a few nights in the feed shed! I put a hole in the tom, but don't think I killed it☹️! So more updates as he improves! Thank you all for your kindness! I know Sammy is just a cat, but I love him, and apparently he plans to stay around a while!!

Need to tell Sammy's story!! Thank you all so much, I am very passionate about my animals and Sammy is no different even though I I just got him!! I found his body yesterday morning, dried blood, missing a lot of hair, curled up behind some firewood. I went and got gloves and picked him up to bury him...he MOVED!! Wrapped him in a towel and took him straight to the vet! They gave him two ounces of blood (a cat has 12oz in it's body) and IV fluids! The tom hit an artery on his back leg, amazing he lived, especially in his emaciated state! I pick him up a little while ago, looks horrible, but feels better than ever!!! He has antibiotics to take! I brought him in the house and he freaked out, got him out the back door! He wants NO part of being a house cat! He went in his dog house on the front porch, fixing to feed him. He will spend a few nights in the feed shed! I put a hole in the tom, but don't think I killed it☹️! So more updates as he improves! Thank you all for your kindness! I know Sammy is just a cat, but I love him, and apparently he plans to stay around a while!!
I am so glad he lived through the attack, best news today!! Thank you for taking him to the Vet.

Now we need to get you a better gun :p

Holy Toledo! Sammy is one tough cat! I sure hope he pulls through, the poor guy has been through a lot lately... :oops:

Here's to you, Sammy, for being one tough kitty! And Pearl, keep up the good work, let's see this cat survive! :cool:

About the tomcat: he's just doing what cats do, so don't kill him if it's not necessary, aye? Sammy will learn! 😒

Holy Toledo! Sammy is one tough cat! I sure hope he pulls through, the poor guy has been through a lot lately... :oops:

Here's to you, Sammy, for being one tough kitty! And Pearl, keep up the good work, let's see this cat survive! :cool:

About the tomcat: he's just doing what cats do, so don't kill him if it's not necessary, aye? Sammy will learn! 😒
A dear old retired vet friend always said, "there are no good toms"! "If the owners won't fix them, you gotta fix them"! That poor tom is all beat up, he probably needs to be trapped and neutered.

Latest posts

Back