Another new cat???😮🤔

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of other things to add.....Sammy was neutered within the last 30-45 days. He has NO microchip (😺he will soon)! In Texas, all cats that get neutered must have an HIV test and a rabies shot, so that is covered! He popped the screen on the feed shed window and was at the backdoor with the girls this morning ready to eat! He looks so bad, but seems to feel good! I'm thinking because he was recently neutered, he probably was always an outside cat!!

That poor Tomcat needs to be neutered. Reminds me that my brother needs to get his cats here neutered. One in particular is always fighting. He's a very sweet cat. Never aggressive with humans at all. He once tried to gnaw on my knuckle, but I think he was trying to groom me & he didn't bite hard. I'm glad Sammy is getting stronger. I wonder if he will let you brush him. Cats often find brushes strange at first, but all of mine enjoy being brushed once they realize how nice it feels.

I wonder if someone other than the owner had Sammy neutered and then released him.

That poor Tomcat needs to be neutered. Reminds me that my brother needs to get his cats here neutered. One in particular is always fighting. He's a very sweet cat. Never aggressive with humans at all. He once tried to gnaw on my knuckle, but I think he was trying to groom me & he didn't bite hard. I'm glad Sammy is getting stronger. I wonder if he will let you brush him. Cats often find brushes strange at first, but all of mine enjoy being brushed once they realize how nice it feels.

I wonder if someone other than the owner had Sammy neutered and then released him.
Right now Sam is full of bites, cuts, and scratches! He had a collar with bells☹️, I think he had dumb owners! The tom will get fixed, one way or another!

...Now we need to get you a better gun :p
She knows that if she does not have a M1 Carbine, and she wants a M1 Carbine, one will be provided to her, free of charge. :)

I think you "fixed" him! :thumbs:
Alright, I am mad at you now SuperV!!🤨 When I went outside earlier after we had this conversation I saw "hole in one"!🙄 He saw me and and took out across the donkey pasture. Buddy chased him! But he is alive!! I'm on death patrol now! For the tomcat, not you Supe!!

Alright, I am mad at you now SuperV!!🤨 When I went outside earlier after we had this conversation I saw "hole in one"!🙄 He saw me and and took out across the donkey pasture. Buddy chased him! But he is alive!! I'm on death patrol now! For the tomcat, not you Supe!!
I promise, he will not walk away after taking one of these
66984-NoDeal.gif
:
30_Carbine_FMJ_1_E302110_1_821a62551a.png

It's also noteworthy that cats (particularly males) will attack cats that are sick or weak. It's instinct to kill them for some reason. Sammy being emaciated could have made him a target. Hopefully when he recovers more the other cat will leave him alone. But only time will tell.

None of my cats have collars-- especially not with bells-- because my vet said they were tangling hazards. Since we live out in the woods if the cats got caught on something-- even with a breakaway collar-- it could slow them down enough to get killed.

I feel sorry for the tomcat... he was just being a cat. I sure hope he's not laid up somewhere, suffering and slowly dying. :confused:
She said he was running around in the donkey pasture in the previous post. RTT.

Last edited:
I trapped 38 feral cats that were causing big problems here on the farm. There were a dozen or so left. They were the smart ones and very hard to catch. Had to break out the big guns, literally and figuratively. There were a few I never caught but they disappeared. Their numbers were so depleted normal predation took care of them, owls, coyotes.

Also, May is the worst time to catch a wiley tom cat. Nature is full of small prey animals in late spring, mice, birds etc. They aren't hungry like they are in Jan or Feb. And less temped by baited traps.

Last edited:
Well I saw the little toot coming across the back pasture heading for the house. He got to the back door cat bowls and met little black Annie! He is twice her size but he spooked at me when I came around the corner and she whooped his butt!! BIG TIME! The tom is mostly white with some orange spots, and the white fur was flying! She had his ear in her mouth and had white fur in all four paws when he got away!! Sammy stayed by me and watched! Baby Cakes took off, but Sammy and Annie got extra canned food after the incident!!

Female cats will sometimes take care of those tomcats. They have enough attitude. My little 5lb cat beats the crap out of our largest cat on a regular basis when he makes her mad. She actually slapped him in the balls before and that had him running.
Guess they are no different than humans 😉

That tom can be trapped, but it won't be easy. I learned a few things catching all those feral cats. You'd have to live trap all your small critters first and have an extra trap you can set for the tom. Have to leave you cats inside, maybe several nights. Entice that tom with grocery store fried chicken.

Like I said... not easy. More like a royal pain. You might catch him or It might take a few nights to learn that tom has been live trapped before, and he's not falling for that crap again!!! 😁

CAT SIX🙄🙄☹️! People down the end of the road ( with Bert the peacock and they let their cows out to graze the roadside because they couldn't afford to feed them even though they spent thousands on fireworks for Jan first) have a pregnant cat that is coming up to eat. Ok, but "Six" will get a free spaying. She is kinda friendly and my other three outside are letting her eat! I will take her to the vet school after she has her kittens (hopefully at home)! Haven't seen bad tom in three days! The others are much happier. Sammy is doing good, Burberry the deer is still after him. On a side note, I clean two houses close to an animal shelter. The shelter had a sign up to "please stop dumping cats, we will take them for free. The area is getting overrun with strays"!! So sad!

Latest posts

Back