Any Lord of the Rings movie fans? This was fun to watch!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Scroll forward to 3:15 to get past the intro, to where the first LOTR cast member appears.

The host did some "Reunited Apart" Zoom video chats of movie cast members during the coronavirus lockdown. I liked this Lord of the Rings one. Another fun one was the Ferris Bueller's Day Off video.

Yep, I've had all 5 novels since about 1978. Read them many times... The movie was an excruciating wait... 2 years for another installment, then 2 more.........

As far a movies go... the Hobbit films were a bit better.

I just watched about 5 minutes of your link... I'm on a metered account so if I'm still up at 2am I can watch the whole thing. Thanks for posting it.

I just watched the whole thing of course I did with my nerdy LOTR daughter. LOVED it. Thank you for sharing that. I almost forgot I was here on the forum. baha.

You think YOU have a nerdy LOTR daughter? Here's mine, reenacting scenes from the movie while climbing the mountain they used to film Mordor.

erin_climb_mordor.jpg
erin_mordor_sam_carry_frodo.jpg

That's beyond nerdy, @Haertig !!
@Peanut I got my nicely bound cloth covered boxed set of LOTR books in about 1974. They were black and each book had the eye in gilded colors on the front; one was orange, one red, I think Return of the King was purple eye. Long gone now. Hard to find a set like that now. The maps were in the back of each book.

Finally got thru the video. That was pretty good. Some very funny. Many of them looked totally different, would never have guessed who they were.

Too bad we don't get to see the actor who played the top Uruk-hai. Creepy. Fangs and all.
Who would you not have recognized? We knew them all but it took a second to recognize Theoden at the end.
I wish at the end they would have mentioned that Bilbo, aka Ian Holm, had passed away. 6/19/2020 RIP
It was good how fondly they remembered Christopher Lee and the funny (cut) scene about his not being able to get up the steps.
The one blonde elf, Haldir (Craig Parker, an actual Kiwi), a favorite who was killed at Helm's Deep in the movie, The Two Towers, and Cate Blanchett were not brought into it either.

Latest posts

Back