Any of you guys use an electric razor?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's a Razor??
Lonewolf, why do I get the impression that you look like Rubeus Hagrid (Robby Coltrane) from the Harry Potter movies. I would love to meet up some day.

I had a Norelco electric razor for many years, but only used it occasionally. It NEVER shaved as close as a blade. The commercials were all hogwash. Use it for convenience if you are in a hurry. It could knock off a 5:00 shadow if you are going out for the evening, but don't expect a close shave.

Lonewolf, why do I get the impression that you look like Rubeus Hagrid (Robby Coltrane) from the Harry Potter movies. I would love to meet up some day.
yes, I probably look a bit like that.
I havent had a shave or a haircut since my mother died in 1985.
6ft tall, 230lbs, long hair and full beard, I've also been called ZZ TOP at times but I think they are a bit skinnier than me.

Wow! Your hair has got to be dragging 10 feet behind you by now. Be careful on escalators.
hair will only grow so long, each head of hair has its own limit, some shorter some longer, mine is half way down my back.
I dont use escalators, they are only in cities over here and I havent been in a city since we moved here 14 years ago, and probably 10 years before that.

yes, I probably look a bit like that.
I havent had a shave or a haircut since my mother died in 1985.
6ft tall, 230lbs, long hair and full beard, I've also been called ZZ TOP at times but I think they are a bit skinnier than me.
I didn't know that was even legal in the UK, everybody is so "pretty" over there.

but not a priority in my book. Whatever facial hair my hunny wants to grow is fine with me. In my life I am more focused on animals and food..
I'm sure your animals (including him) have lots of hair.
I work hard, to stay one notch above the cats. :D:thumbs:

I have been eying one of these for a year.
Been watching the Philips Norelco 3800 and Amazon finally put it on sale for $63 instead of $80.
Told DW about it and she ordered it for my birthday (in May) and it came in early.
Told her that we needed to put it on charge asap.
Then I told her that everything electric needs to be "function-tested" before use.
(You know, just in case it doesn't work:LOL:)
My birthday present:D:
View attachment 107835
I was going to wait until I had tested it for months before writing a review about it.
2 things I did not expect:
1. That it would be way faster and easier than a bladed razor. Like changing from mowing with a 20" push-mower to a 60" 3-blade riding-mower.:oops:
2. The flip-up trimmer on it for sideburns, mustaches, and beards would be completely useless since I don't have those. Boy was I wrong!!!:oops:
I have always hated the hair that flips out over my ears, even 2 days after a haircut.
GONE IN 30-SECONDS!:woo hoo:
View attachment 107837
I'll chime back in if I find anything I don't like:thumbs:.
Well after 4 months of testing, it still works great. :thumbs:
I can understand why more people weren't chirping about how good they are:
Of course it doesn't shave as close as a blade, but that was expected, because it can only cut the part of the hair that sticks thru the guard.
My main goal was to keep my fuzz below visible, and not grind my wife's cheek whenever I gave her a smooch:huggs:.
It works perfect for that! 😍

I used to have a Phillips Norelco but our puppy got a hold of it and destroyed the head last October. (She’s a great dane mix that destroys/chews everything. 🙄)

After trying to buy a replacement head, I decided to go with an Amazon/Chinese cheapie as the replacement head cost a considerable amount more. I was surprised at how well it worked. Not quite as nice as the Phillips Norelco but it has stood up to daily use for about eleven months. I highly recommend it for those who don’t mind Chinese products and/or are frugal.
IMG_2049.jpeg

Glad I decided to go with the cheapie because I let my guard down for a moment on Thursday and she did it again. 😂

IMG_5253.jpeg

Reordered another one and it was delivered yesterday afternoon.

“Destructor” is on the left.
IMG_1944.jpeg

Latest posts

Back