Any " Unusual " Things Happening To You Lately?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cousin was on her death bed at her home. We were all gathered and taking care of her. Someone had come up with a wireless doorbell so she could summon us when she wanted help or company. She had been the coroner and didn't like the idea of the legal necessities after her death.

After she died the Troopers were summoned for an expected death, to sign off the death certificate. When they started examining the body the doorbell, located in the kitchen, started chiming. The troopers asked what that was and were told about the wireless doorbell and that she didn't like them being there. There was nobody near the button. It weirded out the troopers but we thought it funny.

This is how a voodoo Witch tol me how to get rid of Haints.
Take a rocking chair outside and position it looking east at midnight on a full moon
Put your left hand on the back of the chair and walk backwards around the chair 3 times turning the chair as you go.
When finished sit in the chair and rock 4 times then get up and walk backwards again in the opposite direction
sit back in the chair and yell GO GO GO
Then go back in the house leave the chair sitting there for 24 hours
The haints will leave at the end of the 24 hours
burn the chair
When I get to the other side, if that works, I'll let you know.
There's 12 that harassed me growing up.
Plenty that I'm going to visit.
It will be payback time!:waiting:

My brother bought a boat out of an estate about four hours from his home. The previous owner had died in a motorcycle accident and my brother pointed out the intersection on our way down.

On the way back the trailer had a flat. While we were changing the tire a trooper pulled up to check things out so I went over to distract him. We didn't have plates. I explained that my brother had purchased the boat from a guy that had died at this intersection. "The motorcycle accident?" I replied in the affirmative. He got a real funny look on his faced decided we were fine on our own. That was the only problem we had on the trip. I guess he didn't want to see his boat go.

:oops: Looks like I closed this thread. 😀
...Not without one of these!
biggrin.gif

lock.gif

Talking about wierd things...

Grandpa dreamed one night that grandma's sister was cleaning black shoes in a black kettle. A month later he dreamed that she was hanging white sheets on the line.

The night he dreamed about the shoes was the day she died. She was still in Europe so the night he dreamed about the sheets was the day they got the letter informing them about the death.

Grandma told me the thing with the shoes was a bad omen. The letter arrived in an envelope with a black border. She also said that the sheets was an omen too. Grandpa drove home from the doctor in Olympia faster than he had ever driven that day.

I once dreamed that I was riding a horse behind the high school. I never rode horses and none of my friends had any. Two months later I was riding a horse behind the high school. We were going to chase some cows that got out.

It has not happened since.

That banging noise we heard is still a mystery

Same thing happened to me last week, but just one large bang. Sounded like something very heavy hit the outside of the house. I asked my wife if she had dropped something, but she hadn't. I looked around outside thinking maybe a bird or a goose flew into the house, but nothing. Very strange. It has not happened before.

I have felt earthquakes when they hit, and this was not like that.

I think I hear the Twilight Zone music playing in the background.

We had a very loud bang years ago when we lived in the Seattle area. It felt like someone drove into the side of the house. It was an earthquake. What we heard last week was not the same thing. We didn't feel anything just heard a bang 3 times.
My brother and SIL were there at the time. Earlier that day a woman drove into our driveway, got out and ran to our door yelling call 911, there's a man with a gun. The guy that delivered our paper pulled up and he had a gun alright. Someone had pointed a gun at him and he pointed his back at them They took off fast and that was the end of that.
My SIL said I am never coming here again, there is too much going on. She never did come back.

LOL , I came on and wrote that this morning and then came back at night and I was still the last poster. :)

Haha, I explained to you that your not use to being online much less discussion sites.
While hubby was fiddling around on projects and playing guitar or writing songs I was online saving the world and making politicians behave. :rolleyes:

You have them alright VThil, they are just go under different titles aka known as 'radical'liberals.they already have control up there so don't have to intimidate yall.:D They are just getting set up here in the south.:eyeballs:

Yep. New Hampshuh is the last battleground state in New England. Vermont has its Northeast Kingdom, but there ain't enough people in it to make a difference in Montpelier.

@Mr.Meer we resurrect threads all the time. Meaning, give us a second, day, week, or month, and somebody will find something to say pertaining to this topic.
I've been hearing those loud bangs lately too. Last year it was reported in this area and the news said it was a sonic boom, there had been several reported in an area that covered several counties. I've heard earthquakes too and thought at first it was an earthquake. I went outside and looked around, didn't hear anything else.
The earthquakes we would only hear if we were inside. If a family member was outside when we heard it inside, we'd go out and say, "did you hear it, did you feel it," and we'd get the look of..."what are you talking about?"
Don't forget you can check the USGS website to keep an eye on worldwide earthquakes. There is a lot more going on than what you ever see reported.
Unusual things...isn't that part of life? I feel like I've gotten used to it and I don't feel hyper-sensitive to being amazed anymore. LOL

Unusual things don't happen to me. Or maybe I think everything is normal. Not sure about that.
You'd be surprised how after years, 'wierd stuff' becomes normal. Example:
Three teenagers are playing cards on the dining room table.
Suddenly the closed and latched room door swings wide open.
One kid: "Whut tha' hell was that?!!!"gaah
Other kid: "Mamaw Hatch. Now shuddup and deal".
First kid: "Should I deal her a hand?"
Other kid: "Of course".

*True story. She didn't play well and chose to fold. I think she just wanted to watch.

Last edited:
@Mr.Meer we resurrect threads all the time. Meaning, give us a second, day, week, or month, and somebody will find something to say pertaining to this topic.
I've been hearing those loud bangs lately too. Last year it was reported in this area and the news said it was a sonic boom, there had been several reported in an area that covered several counties. I've heard earthquakes too and thought at first it was an earthquake. I went outside and looked around, didn't hear anything else.
The earthquakes we would only hear if we were inside. If a family member was outside when we heard it inside, we'd go out and say, "did you hear it, did you feel it," and we'd get the look of..."what are you talking about?"
Don't forget you can check the USGS website to keep an eye on worldwide earthquakes. There is a lot more going on than what you ever see reported.
Unusual things...isn't that part of life? I feel like I've gotten used to it and I don't feel hyper-sensitive to being amazed anymore. LOL

I remember folks in certain areas saying that a big bang was to do with fracking. Not sure if that applies now or not.

I remember folks in certain areas saying that a big bang was to do with fracking. Not sure if that applies now or not.

That could be but then we have these weird sounds all over the world. And of course I personally witnessed one on our dirt road one night me and dog went for walk and I heard a sound so scary even the dog tucked her tail and left me running.

Latest posts

Back