Buddy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope he comes around soon!

A side question... have you ever seen a moon blind horse? I only saw it once. A guy i knew showed up at my house with a nice horse. Said it had scratched an eye on something. He had some story... kid couldn't keep the horse or.. I decided to keep the horse a few days, could return it to him if there was a problem.

The eye didn't get better, couldn't get the guy on the phone. So I loaded up the horse, hauled him to the only big animal vet 50miles away (it was a very nice horse). Vet said it had moon blindness in one eye. Learned it usually spreads to the other eye and the horse will be completely blind.

The guy had been dodging my phone calls already... it continued. Dead give away he was just trying to stick me with a soon to be blind horse. He was a cop, i knew which shift he worked. So i waited few days til he was at work, hauled it over then turned it loose in his pasture. Never heard from him again...

Last edited:
Buddy is making good improvement!! He's using the bad leg a little more. Still heat in his stifle area, but he's not touchy about it!! He got a good brushing yesterday, and will again today. He's really starting to shed!! The few days before he wasn't wanting to be brushed much so I know he's feeling better, he is back to wanting attention!!

Latest posts

Back