Camping in south Louisiana

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camping again.

Attachments

• 20231028_201252.jpg
    20231028_201252.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
We have thousands of wild strawberries blooming here, too many wild animals around to eat them raw, that we can only make jam or such. The grapes are all growing and you can already see the little clusters. onions and radishes are up. Cucumbers and pickles are doing well, watermelons are not up yet.

How is Tracker doing today? I just ordered some Prime o cane blackberries. Really excited to get 2 crops a year!
Yesterday I wasn't sure if Tracker would make it. Last night he laid on my feet and didn't move until 4.30 this morning. I took him outside and he kind of stumbled around. But today he wanted to play and run around, of course we couldn't let him. He took his coat out of the closet and carried it to his bed and went to sleep. I think he's going to be fine. His eye went back in to the socket and most of the blood is gone. It appears that he can see out of it too. He's a tough little guy. I'm sitting on the tractor right now getting ready to do some field work. It hasn't been moved since the accident.

Around the end of the month, BOL2 will become FISH CAMP! I'll be hitting them with everything from crickets to plastic worms to find out what's biting what.
I would like to catch a chain pickerel. Never caught any kind of pickerel before.
But what I really want is some 2 lb bass for the skillet.

Around the end of the month, BOL2 will become FISH CAMP! I'll be hitting them with everything from crickets to plastic worms to find out what's biting what.
I would like to catch a chain pickerel. Never caught any kind of pickerel before.
But what I really want is some 2 lb bass for the skillet.
Seek outIMG_0548.jpegIMG_0553.jpeg

IMG_0551.jpeg
IMG_0552.jpeg

Hook the shad no more than 1/2" at the tip
Pull the hook all the way to the eye then turn it 180. Hook it to the underside of the bait. It will not get hung up on everything
Bass in this area hit this bait

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0550.jpeg
    IMG_0550.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
All my Buds praise this spinner for Bass
I personally do not like a spinner , I own some and try to avoid using them
They tend to get snagged on everything
And that just tweaks my weaker sideways

But if you are into spinners this is the one that is said to be the bossIMG_0554.jpeg

I like simple fishing for anything, every time I have done a lot of elaborate rigging I left it somewhere HEHEHEHE.
Old man in a boat out on the water taught me how to rig that shad
It works great for not letting it get snagged

I threw a line over a branch (by accident)
What happened next was cool as hell
Instead off pulling the line down I bobbed it up and down lettting it dip the water
A bass grabbed it a took off. His weight snapped the twig the line was on
And I caught him

Give clear springs share look
As you pull into the entrance
First road to the left is spots 1-12. (?)
That area is shaded all day. The fishing is darn near outside your door
Bathrooms handy. Tables and grills
One of the nicest looking I have been to
And..... it is off the braten track so is not crowded
I like the fishing at Percy Quinn. But it is always lots of noisy people I like a spot If my eyes close while fishing. The only thing that disturbs me is the line wrapped around my finger getting tight

If you show up here I will be around
Might even have a cold one with me

Last edited:
Keep your eye out for snakes
Here is a shopping list
Glass gallon pickle jar with lid
Bottle of glycerine
Bottle of 70% rubbing alcohol
Directions
Cut center belly
Flesh cut around 360 d. Head. Do not sever yet
Use head as a handle. Grip hide and pull down
Cut off head
Place in jar with 50/50 mix. Seal and put on shelf for a week. Hide must be 100% covered

The head
Get a big bore syringe
Inject brain through the back of the inside of mouth
Inject him everywhere. Go nuts. End game is solution has killed all living matter

Drop in the jar

Buy a Christmas snow globe. Empty the globe
After a week. Place the head in the jar
Fill with 2 part resin.
These bring $200-400. Each
The hide. Make a belt or usexasbonlay for holster or sheath

Latest posts

Back