Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news ...
I found the feral *Poo-Poon* dark calico female cat dead
She was living in the woods and at George barn
I did feed her everyday for 1 year + and gave her fresh water too
I just saw her this morning and
found her dead like sleeping her face on her front paws
she was still warm

I will miss her so much this is so very sad !!!! :cry:

Today is mild I did dig for BLUBLU & POO.POON
I did burry them together I just cant believe it !!!

She had no wound (s) I dont know how old she was
BLUBLU my inside cat .. photo too
My BLUBLU January 21 - 2024.jpeg

That was *PooPoon* this Spring 2024
SAM_0726.JPG

They just been buried together .. -----APRIL 23TH 2024----
good thing I keep always 1 or 2 slabs
and artificial flowers

I did put one big stone with some green growing on it

What a day 🧸🧸
SAM_0753.JPG

Last edited:
I Know Exactly What You Mean and the Way You Feel, You are Not Alone, I know Bushie is Watching also, She was told All About You and what You do for Fur Babies...!!! Nothing But :heart: from US...!!

As I go thru this,Week 3 Now, I keep hearing some REAL Old Songs that had and Have Special Meanings, here's One for All with Fur Babies :

You are my special angel
Sent from up above
The Lord smiled down on me
And sent an angel to love
You are my special angel
Right from paradise
I know you're an angel
Heaven is in your eyes

:heart:

and just now another one :

There is someone walking behind you
Turn around, look at me
There is someone watching your footsteps
Turn around, look at me

There is someone who really needs you
Here's my heart in my hand
Turn around, look at me
(Turn around)
(Look at me)
Understand, understand

That there's someone who'll stand beside you
Turn around, look at me
And there's someone who'll love and guide you
Turn around, look at me

I've waited, but I'll wait forever
For you to come to me
Look at someone who really loves you
(Look at someone)
Yeah, really loves you
Turn around, look at me
Turn around, look at me

:heart:

Anyone need a kitty? We have several semi-feral barn cats. Or I should say, dad does, cats are his project. I don’t interfere. He was born on this farm just like me. Been taking care of critters all his life. When it came time to sell the cattle it broke his heart. For his good the chickens and cats became his. Even though he’s 90 it’s something he can still do. Gets him outside and he enjoys it.

Anyway, occasionally the barn cats will have kittens. One is a horrible mother, the last kitten she had died. I think I posted about it. Poor little guy was sick, respiratory issues. I tried to save him but he was too far gone when I found him.

It appears she’s had another kitten. Late last night a kitten started crying on my porch. I put a towel in a cooler and brought the kitten inside. He promptly went to sleep. Took him to dad this morning who fixed a little pen in the shop, food, water and a bed.

Don’t think it’ll be enough. This kitten needs a momma, he’s just too little.

20240424_101639a.jpg

I had the same problem with Little yeller, @Peanut. He died in my hand while I was trying to get a little bit of kitten formula into him,

He was so sick he was just dehydrated to the point his throat and mouth were just raw, he was so stopped up he could not smell to know when to nurse, and when I could get him to lick or suck a little at my syringe he would have to take it really slow, just a drop at a time.

He was to the point he could not get up or even hardly raise up when I picked him up for the last time, My son said I should just let him go but I had to try it.

He never even took a drop i just wet his mouth a little, just rubbed him and petted him cleaned his eyes out and let him lie in my hand and he just quit breathing, I rubbed him a little more to try to get him up but Sonny said dad he is gone and I held him a little bit then we buried him under our pet tree.

That has been a few years ago we mourn them all, over the years.

Nothing can replace them, they are all special family members.

Latest posts

Back