Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will introduce one of mine he always do funny faces

My Boy Dmitri ☺️

1709836478179.jpeg
☺️

Here's the back porch after we gave away a few to good homes with kids.

the black and white and yeller were male roamers that came by to eat before they left for the week.

1709836892713.jpeg

If you look close you can see the yellers neck is raw from being in a fight with the local raccoon family.

He stays that way all of the time pour soul.

Oh, wow...I don't do photos but we have lots of working barn cats. They are all friendly, and well loved.
All black short haired Bowie, a male, who gets in fights all the time with other people's males and is beat up constantly.
Our other male is still young. Black and white long haired, white boots. Named Nacho after Nacho Libre because of the boots.
Princess Fluffy (Fluff fa fa) longed haired black
Phoenix (Fluffy's daughter look alike mini me)
Angel (short haired all grey girl)
Socks (grey and white socks, girl)
Daisy (Socks offspring look alike)
They keep our rodents under control on the farm. They are extremely spoiled. Bowie uses alot of neosporin.
There's always one or two on the rocking chairs on the porch. Also one sitting on husband's wheelchair, also on the porch. They know feeding times, they all wait at 7am at the door. A bunch of cat beds in the garage, and some sleep in the milkhouse near the rabbits. A long line of them follow me in the morning when I do all the feeding chores.

Mister and Tiger, the housecats. Mister came from an elderly couple who moved to a nursing home. Tiger I found in the bushes (5 weeks old) after his feral mother and littermates were killed by coyotes.
Sammy is the next pic. He came up starving, almost dead! He'll be here a year in May.
IMG_20231007_103948807.jpg
IMG_20231120_161615742.jpg
Next us Babycakes. She and her brother came to me as newly fixed kittens. A young couple on the next road got them from a barn cat program but didn't feed them. They came to the right place! Her brother Twinkie was killed by an owl! And the last pic is Annie. She was tossed out at four am one morning a year and a half ago! Skinny and had kittens recently. Got her spayed and she fattened right up! A super sweet girl!!
IMG_20230428_164955414.jpg
IMG_20231120_161622145.jpg

OK, you officially get the Cat Lady Award. I would not want to clean up that much cat hair. Zannej has a bunch of cats indoors, too. But I think you have more.
24 cats
I have always spare 20 clean cat litter boxes ready to be used/change
Its very much easier that way ☺️

They have stainless bowls washed 1 to 2 times a day with fresh water
I feed them 2x a day + 1 wet food once a day in big trays
They have dry food all day (important to have their big bowls clean)
I shop vac their rooms once a day -- or just broom depending
I wash their floors once a week

I change their blankets once a week and wash it (I have spares too
I get those in second hand store They have very nice and warm ones

This is why 2 people I know in my area they call me *Cat Lady* LOLOL

Mister and Tiger, the housecats. Mister came from an elderly couple who moved to a nursing home. Tiger I found in the bushes (5 weeks old) after his feral mother and littermates were killed by coyotes.
Sammy is the next pic. He came up starving, almost dead! He'll be here a year in May.View attachment 125881View attachment 125882Next us Babycakes. She and her brother came to me as newly fixed kittens. A young couple on the next road got them from a barn cat program but didn't feed them. They came to the right place! Her brother Twinkie was killed by an owl! And the last pic is Annie. She was tossed out at four am one morning a year and a half ago! Skinny and had kittens recently. Got her spayed and she fattened right up! A super sweet girl!!View attachment 125883View attachment 125884

Lucky and gorgeous cats !!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Larry is a 20 lb orange love bug that enjoys rolling up rugs and playing in water. Sam is a long sleek super model with only three teeth and a mission to protect the homestead while also keeping the humans in line.
IMG_3079.jpeg
IMG_2943.jpeg

And I thought 5 cats, a dog, and a donkey were enough!!🤔 Guess I have a little play room!!😃
SLAKER :p. Lori does others too, volunteers at Gorman Heritage farm and Little Patch of Heven.

Me, I scoop cat boxes:p

Last edited:
My Avatar picture is Mr Pip...
He was 13 kilo, (almost 28lb) of lap lounger... He passed away from a stroke a bit over a year ago now.. He was 13 years old.. It didn't seem to matter where I sat down, he would be in my lap if possible.. Almost every night he would be nose to nose with me on the pillow in bed.. He had a resounding purr you could hear all over the house.. I really miss him..

Attachments

• Mr Pip 2023.jpg
    Mr Pip 2023.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Mr Pip Chair 2023.jpg
    Mr Pip Chair 2023.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 0
Back on topic, here are some of the inside cats:
My Avatar picture is Mr Pip...
He was 13 kilo, (almost 28lb) of lap lounger... He passed away from a stroke a bit over a year ago now.. He was 13 years old.. It didn't seem to matter where I sat down, he would be in my lap if possible.. Almost every night he would be nose to nose with me on the pillow in bed.. He had a resounding purr you could hear all over the house.. I really miss him..
he was a big boy, Scooter was 22 lbs. Scooter was a house guard when we were between dogs.

Latest posts

Back