Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tweety came in and blessed us with his presence.
KIMG4431.JPG

Oh, poor girl, give her a box
LOL, there are so many boxes and cat beds, but you know, it's HER SPOT, I chose to put a computer while I cleaned :). I will NEVER win :p. I'm a guy.....

Sunrise is gonna suck.

Husband's wheelchair on the covered front porch is a spot for two cats. When I open the door to help him from the walker to the wheelchair, I ALWAYS have to boot off the cats, and they are so offended. Then they sit on his walker seat. And wait till we get home.

Maybe hes feeling the damp in his 8 year old bones, but our outside cat, Bronn aka Oddball has for the first time started to come upstairs, where the indoor cats sleep during the day. Up until this week, hes never step foot upstairs. I walked in to find this today.
1711800884850.png

My Bushie BooBoo passed on last evening around 7pm est... I had the Pleasure of watching Her Grow into a Beautiful 4-legged Family Member...!!! I heard a thump, kinda like when She jumps from the Window Sill to come find Me or get to the Water Bowl in the Hallway... As I was on the pc, I could look to the Hallway and see Her, only this time She wasn't there... I got up and went looking as I got close to that bedroom Door I heard movement, I looked in Thinking She might have gone into the closet, Nope, looked towards the window and there She was on the floor , I tried rubbing Her sides like I have done before but this time She let out Air as Her Mouth went open trying to call Me for Help... I was too late, I couldn't bring Her back... I scooped Her Up and Her head went backwards, She must have had a seizure and Hit Her head and the floor upon falling down... I carried her to the couch and laid Her on My Chest, I could Feel Her Purring AS I held Her, after a couple of Minutes I took Her outside to the backyard where the two chairs are, She always liked it there, I sat down with her again still Petting Her... A few more minutes passed and I said We are going back inside as it is getting late, back inside I sat back on the couch and laid down on a pillow still holding Her to My Chest with My Left Arm while stroking Her side with My Right Hand,,, I/We stayed like this for almost 2 hours until I Knew She was gone as She was getting cool... I Placed Her on My pc chair in Her Fetal Position after pushing Her Legs as close to Her Body as I could, covered Her and she spent the night there next to Me on the Couch...

This am I prepared Her for Her next Forever Spot in the backyard... I put a pic of Her in the Garden 2024 sitting in a certain spot back there and that is where I Laid Her to Rest...

May She REST in Peace... She was My Last LOVE...!!!

Last edited:
This is Bob. We got him at a feed store in Eagle River, Alaska when he weighed about 5 ounces. He lived to be 17 years old and weighed just under 20 pounds. He had diabetes for the last 7 years of his life. I gave him two shots of insulin a day. He reminded me when it was time for the shots. He snored, he drooled when he was purring heavily but he was always a nice boy. I think he was my favorite kitty of all, but, all of my cats have been favorites at some point in their life... any time I was holding them, feeding them, petting them, or talking to them.

He lived in Alaska, Colorado, and Oklahoma and did the drive from Anchorage to Denver with a stop in Seattle. Well-traveled cat.

Bob's cuteness in his Christmas outfit is eclipsed by his obvious look of joy at wearing it.

bob.jpg

big bob.jpg

Bob loved his fierce lion cut:
bob111.jpg

My Bushie BooBoo passed on last evening around 7pm est... I had the Pleasure of watching Her Grow into a Beautiful 4-legged Family Member...!!! I heard a thump, kinda like when She jumps from the Window Sill to come find Me or get to the Water Bowl in the Hallway... As I was on the pc, I could look to the Hallway and see Her, only this time She wasn't there... I got up and went looking as I got close to that bedroom Door I heard movement, I looked in Thinking She might have gone into the closet, Nope, looked towards the window and there She was on the floor , I tried rubbing Her sides like I have done before but this time She let out Air as Her Mouth went open trying to call Me for Help... I was too late, I couldn't bring Her back... I scooped Her Up and Her head went backwards, She must have had a seizure and Hit Her head and the floor upon falling down... I carried her to the couch and laid Her on My Chest, I could Feel Her Purring AS I held Her, after a couple of Minutes I took Her outside to the backyard where the two chairs are, She always liked it there, I sat down with her again still Petting Her... A few more minutes passed and I said We are going back inside as it is getting late, back inside I sat back on the couch and laid down on a pillow still holding Her to My Chest with My Left Arm while stroking Her side with My Right Hand,,, I/We stayed like this for almost 2 hours until I Knew She was gone as She was getting cool... I Placed Her on My pc chair in Her Fetal Position after pushing Her Legs as close to Her Body as I could, covered Her and she spent the night there next to Me on the Couch...

This am I prepared Her for Her next Forever Spot in the backyard... I put a pic of Her in the Garden 2024 sitting in a certain spot back there and that is where I Laid Her to Rest...

May She REST in Peace... She was My Last LOVE...!!!
My deepest sympathies on your loss. :cry:. There really aren't any words, at least I don't have any, but I have been there many times :(

Last edited:

Each loss are different.
I know you are a cat lover and you did adore your girl Bushie
Its heartbreaking!
*Big hugs to you Snowman and my deepest Sympathy *

She had a good life with you and was dearly loved by you and she sure will watch over you
To many of us they are our family
***Rest In Peace Bushie BooBoo***

BooBoo 2024.jpeg

Last edited:
What a beautiful cat, @Ekatarina
Norwegian Forest girl? Maybe?
I have no clue . She have long hair you cannot see much
since I took fast the pic of her face
I saw her sometimes in the woods too
She did adopt George Barn *he feeds her and let her water too*
I feed her too and I give her fresh water too

Latest posts