Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"Oh, girl I'd be in trouble if you left me now 'Cause I don't know where to look for love I just don't know how Oh, girl How I depend on you...

Last edited:
Flowers planted by the "WishingBushieWell" :

Glads(Red, White n Blue) are next to the Base and will 🐝 seen soon I Hope while others :
may182024 024.jpg
are planted by size from the base outward to the Border ;

Attachments

• may182024 016.jpg
    may182024 016.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • may182024 017.jpg
    may182024 017.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • may182024 018.jpg
    may182024 018.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • may182024 019.jpg
    may182024 019.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • may182024 020.jpg
    may182024 020.jpg
  • may182024 021.jpg
    may182024 021.jpg
  • may182024 022.jpg
    may182024 022.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • may182024 023.jpg
    may182024 023.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
This is so funny like everyday I put on 2 big plates
some soft cat food ...then I walk to the boys veranda
they come running at me :)

and I ask them :

* Who will eat what on those plates*

since they all around me and they say all together

*Meeeeeee moi !!!!!! *

🤣 Its not a joke !
Then I put their plates on the floor ...and you can hear then lick the soft food :p

My Community cats get dry Meow mix and fresh water, They would like a passport :D and plane tickets

These are the two "regulars" that come by most days, they are best buds. A couple others wander in on occasion for a snack.

Grayson and Calcatta:

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 8.28.51 PM.png

It's Now been 7 weeks since I placed BushieBooBoo in Her Resting Place and I Still am Missing Her so dang much...!!!

She is Still in Me Heart, Mind and Soul...!!

20240414_143341.jpg

:eek: What a Save ;
"Kittens found in trash compactor after worker hears meowing" :

"PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY, Va. (WWBT/Gray News) - Officials in Virginia are looking for any information that could help catch the person who left kittens to die in a trash compactor.

An attendant heard meows coming from the trash compactor at a Darlington Heights convenience site on Thursday morning, according to Prince Edward County Animal Care and Control.

Three kittens were found inside in an orange bag. Two were already dead, but one was still fighting for her life to be rescued."

https://www.kptv.com/2024/05/25/kittens-found-trash-compactor-after-worker-hears-meowing/

1716642774690.png

Just Wish They were Heard Earlier...!!! :mad:

^^^ :

"The animal control agency said the kitten was given a warm bath and then was sent to a veterinarian to be checked out.

Officials believe the bag of kittens was thrown in the compactor on the morning of May 23.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Prince Edward County shelter at 434-233-7310." 🙏

"No one else can make me feel
The colors that you bring
Stay with me while we grow old
And we will live each day in springtime"

View attachment 129601
Stay with me while we grow old
And we will live each day in springtime... I Always Thought We Would Leave about the same time, So Damn Lonely without Her...!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss, have a blessed day

Hi, I'm new here, so let me introduce you to "Thumper." She's called that because she "thumps," loves to get in bed and bunny-kick your arm. Some low life renters left her behind as a kitten when they scuttled off in the night. We heard a kitten up on a roof crying on our evening walk. But thought it belonged to that house. The next day we were walking a block away, at the far end of our block, and I saw these two big eyes staring at us from under a car tire.

My wife picked her up, she was teacup size, maybe 6 weeks, a scruffy little runt, near death from no food or water in probably 18 hours or more. We live on the edge of open desert, outside our HOA walls is 150 miles of BLM land. Our poor girl managed to walk nearly 1/4 mile from the roof to where we found her. We have coyotes, owls, snakes, dogs, 120 deg in the summer - outdoor cats don't live long. Even now she only goes outside when we are there.

We carried her home and gave her a little Trader Joes salmon juice, and later some salmon. She thought that was pretty good. The cool air and food revived her. Pretty soon she clawed her way up to my shoulder (sitting in my recliner) and went to sleep. And now, 4 years later, she's a big 'ole fat cat who allows us to live in her house and serve her. ;)

She sleeps beside "Mommy" every night. And wakes me up at 4:45 every morning, with a gentle little tap-tap of her paw and a tiny meow, "Feed me!" ;)

Her favorite spot.
20221226_092738.jpg

Thumper watching her namesakes.
20240509_163530.jpg

How dare you disturb my slumber! ;)
20230119_175254.jpg

PS - if you want to study camoflague, copy her fur. You literally can't see her at night. When the "big cats" go for our night walk she goes in the yard for a few minutes while we exercise. It's not being outside, it is going with the big cats. She wants to be part of the pack. ;)

She will crouch down by a bush and just disappears if you blink. I wear a penlight around my neck sleeping so I don't step on her in the dark. (She always gets up to make sure I'm ok in the bathroom, then goes back next to Mommy to sleep.) She's so cute.

Latest posts

Back