CBD?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told DW about this thread & she gave me three reasons not to use it.
1) you do not know how many mg are in each does, the dose is not consistent.
2) you can get high
3)............... (I can not remember what she said, but it was negative)
So if I take it, I will have to hide it like a child in the cook jar, to keep the peace.
I do not understand the push back, she uses vitamins gummies & I could apply the same argument to them.
Well, maybe not the getting high.
1) You can buy CBD with a known amount of product.
2) CBD doesn't have a psychotropic effect so you don't get high. You can get it mixed whit a small amount of THC for a mild high but even the has the amount of THC on the label.
3) I probably disagree with her, or would if I knew her argument.
People are afraid of things they don't understand.

Look on the label
2 mg thc
50 mg cbd
Per serving

IMG_1093.jpeg

In a way i am too. But also can see the difference it makes for certain things with some people. Just reinforces my belief that MJ was made illegal due to costing profits to big pharma.

I think there is more to it than that. Alcohol is legal because alcohol is one known substance that can be regulated and controlled. Marijuana has over 200 known substances and who knows what else and it cannot be controlled.

I have a very close family member who is hopelessly addicted, and it has destroyed his life. The proponents would never admit the connection, but marijuana users are six times more likely to have mental illness, and this is exactly what happened to my family member.

I will never believe legalizing it is a good thing.

1) You can buy CBD with a known amount of product.
2) CBD doesn't have a psychotropic effect so you don't get high. You can get it mixed whit a small amount of THC for a mild high but even the has the amount of THC on the label.
3) I probably disagree with her, or would if I knew her argument.
People are afraid of things they don't understand.
I agree with you, I think her argument is religious, not scientific, that drugs are bad unless a Doctor controls them, then they are a necessary evil.
She was taught Pot is bad, but herbs are good.

I have used this for over a year, taking it at night. No aches, no pains, and consistent good sleep. During the day it’s extra strength Tylenol because some gummies make me feel loopy. Gummies can be cut in half, so it’s possible to take just what works for you.
Different products for different needs. I don’t have to worry about testing.
I would so much rather take this than the prescriptions pushed for pain control.
This company offers a variety, and available online.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Never used CBD, yet.
Same here. The VA accused me of using drugs out of retaliation for pressure I put on them so I won't go anywhere near CBD. I've never used any other illegal drug either.

I friend of mine ran for Iowa governor about 12 years ago. She said marijuana should be legalized and let law enforcement go after the serious stuff.....She is a retired doctor. It's a lot less dangerous than alcohol.

I've been trying to think of novel ways to stick it to big pharma?

My latest idea is a T-shirt:
"Don't put sugar in my gas tank! -Keto won"
Or:
"Another fat-adapted body! -Keto won"
Or:
"Recovering carb-addict! -Keto won"

the reason that maryj and hemp were made illegal in the first place is that they would have been far too much competition for pharma and a lot of the oil/ textile industry.
I used cbd oil topically , on a fractured toe area ouch, and then decided that it worked so well that I would try mj butter, that is exponentially better than any pharma pain blocker, it lowers pain, so you are still careful. you have to try fairly hard to get high, and the effects are far different, but your mileeage may vary

Ezekiel 47:12 - And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Herbs, which pot is
Is mentioned in the Bible more than 10 times as a gift From God for us to use as medicine.

When you use this stuff, how long does it last? When I an standing or walking for moderste periods of time my left knee gets very sore. If I am on it continually it will start to throb after an hour or so. I am wondering if this would help?

do you know what is causing that knee pain? on left side of knee cap, right side, under the knee cap?

i have this knee thing--right leg, inside left side of knee cap like a line of pain that is there. my chiro taught me to stop what im doing, and bring that knee up to my chest for 45 sec or so. it sort of resets it back into place---sorry i dont recall the correct words for that nerve. but it has helped with both knees the times when i get that pain around kneecap on left or right side.

i have used the thc salve for pain relief for my back or arm or ankle like a aprain or if i bent it wrong and it does help for about 3hrs.

joel--there is no high with cbd oil or gummies it does not have the thc or thc-a.and the mg can be factored.

and if you onlyuse plant material that is 50-50 thc/cbd that higher rate of cbd does cancel out any high. it really does. i alswasy take a couple extra cbd oil caps when taking the thc oil fpor pain cause i hate that high feeling.

if you just use oil for rubbing on for pain there isnt any high unless the profduct is extra strong and you use alot and lick your fingers.

now arnica salve or oil makes a real nice pain relief topical too. ive taken the plant material and soaked in hemp oil to use as a topical oil or making a salve. you can grow arnica flower--pretty little yellow flower. just got my order in the mail this week.

chronic pain sucks. its a good idea to learn to grow-make a few things for yourself just in case for down the road.

do you know what is causing that knee pain? on left side of knee cap, right side, under the knee cap?

To answer your question, No, I don't know what is causing the pain other than overuse, and it is not specific to one side or the other. The entire knee seems to throb. Thank you for your suggestions. I will give that a try. Not sure I can get my knee up to my chest. That will be pretty funny to watch. I have a doctor's appointment the first of February, so I will see if he has any suggestions.

well the cbd has some excellent properties on its own. some folks dont need thc and some do. alwasy good to start off in the lowest levels of whatever and learn what works bets for your body and go on from there.
i know a few folks that just use hemp oil whihc has low cbd content but it works for themn for inflammation, stress relief and sleep. maybe others not so much but still worth trying out.

I have some really bad rheumatoid arthritis and my family bought me some thc salve. Works ! I smoked pot for the arthritis pain because it worked. But I need to go to a pain clinic for my meds. They pee test for pot so had to stop.
My beautiful wife bought some hemp flowers. Looks just like pot buds but no thc. Only cbd. And I smoke it and also pass the pee test. And I don't get high. But without I would be in much more pain.
I would recommend it to folks who have joint pain. And would recommend the 2500 mg balm to rub into the bad joints. It will help you to and you'll pass pee tests. It's sold over the counter to anybody that wants to buy it. If you could get high our out of touch federal government surely would make it illegal. Don't believe in the myth it will test you positive.
Just don't want folks to have to deal with pain that they don't have to. Life is too darn short

Latest posts

Back