Christmas Gift Ideas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't even bother watching this video (unless you want to). The reason I am posting this is for the ad at the beginning. This ad is the reasonI bought the can opener for my wife. IMHO it is a pretty good demonstration. I hope it works as advertised.

Haertig, maybe this will help with your analysis.

I didn't see any ad at the beginning.

I didn't see any ad at the beginning.

Sorry. Maybe if you go to You Tube and enter the title in the search it will come up with the ad first.

The reason I am posting this is for the ad at the beginning.
I didn't see any ads. :( Normally, that would be a happy face for me :) but in this case I wanted to see them. Oh well. I have installed so many script and ad blockers over the years that I wouldn't remember how to turn them off now.

So I will await your after Christmas jar opener review!

Don't even bother watching this video (unless you want to). The reason I am posting this is for the ad at the beginning. This ad is the reasonI bought the can opener for my wife. IMHO it is a pretty good demonstration. I hope it works as advertised.

Haertig, maybe this will help with your analysis.

Ads keep changing.

If you have searched for anything online, and sometimes haven't even done a search nor spoke about it, just thought about it, ads will come up for what you are interested in.

gave forst grankid his tool box gift. he was one i thought would not be interested but he Loved it. pulled out every socket, pliers, wrench, screwdriver and LOVED it all saying hey i can user this for abc or xyz, then opened another drward to see the itmes and there, pulled out and played with each one excitedly. thanks me several times.

and that was before he found the $50 i stuck in there. kinda just goes to show ya--cant trust our assumptions about others.
it was a real nice day.

Last edited:
It's a little late for Christmas shopping, but this is an item, or similar item, that everyone should have. It would be a great gift for almost every adult.

Notice the jar/bottle opener on many kitchen scissors.

I would like a pair in my BOB, but with a nice case to keep them safe.

I have two pair very similar to those, I use them a lot!

We have some of those fancy-type kitchen shears too. I don't use them all that much, but at least several times a week. I like the ones that come apart for cleaning. That is a great improvement over the non-disassemble ones. I can't imagine taking a pair apart and use the two halves as knives though, like the video shows. It's too much fun to use a sharp quality knife for slicing. Slicing a tomato with half of a pair of scissors? Might as well hit it with a Sledge-O-Matic, Gallagher style.

I'm known for unusual gifts, not always a hit but definitely different. This was a hit, little vials of gold. I'd spent the fall gold prospecting and didn't have time to shop so...

Everyone got a little vial of gold for christmas. I tied a tiny ribbon around each...

20231225_Gold01a.jpg

Latest posts

Back