cicadas ugh

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No thanks! I'll take the cicadas.
As pretty as they may be, every copperhead I see, dies on the spot.:waiting:

The point of my post is if you "take the cicadas" you'll likely get the copperheads too, so keep your eyes open.
What you do with them is up to you.

Where is this happening? What states? The 'hatchings' occur in large areas, maybe parts of a couple or 3 states.

An excerpt of my post from the thread Sup linked...

I remember an outbreak of these pesky little jet engines. Outdoor weddings had to be canceled all over TN because of the noise level. One afternoon I was driving from Atlanta to Nashville. I stopped at a Chattanooga grocery store and bought 12 gallons of water and the biggest wrap of paper towels they had. I stopped every 8-10 miles to scrap the crud (layer of oozing bug parts) off my windshield. I simply couldn't see to drive much more without stopping. It took me hours to get to Nashville!! That last 130miles took over 4hrs to drive.

Yep, they are pesky little devils. Played with them as a kid though. The species here hatch every year but they are rare, might see one or two each summer.
I live in Middle Tennessee and they are bad, but 1998 was horrible. There were dead ones 3 bodies deep around trees and they stunk so bad(ly).

Theye were so loud the kids didn't play outside much.

Where is this happening? What states? The 'hatchings' occur in large areas, maybe parts of a couple or 3 states.

An excerpt of my post from the thread Sup linked...

I remember an outbreak of these pesky little jet engines. Outdoor weddings had to be canceled all over TN because of the noise level. One afternoon I was driving from Atlanta to Nashville. I stopped at a Chattanooga grocery store and bought 12 gallons of water and the biggest wrap of paper towels they had. I stopped every 8-10 miles to scrap the crud (layer of oozing bug parts) off my windshield. I simply couldn't see to drive much more without stopping. It took me hours to get to Nashville!! That last 130miles took over 4hrs to drive.

Yep, they are pesky little devils. Played with them as a kid though. The species here hatch every year but they are rare, might see one or two each summer.
I live in Middle Tennessee and they are bad, but 1998 was horrible. There were dead ones 3 bodies deep around trees and they stunk so bad(ly).

Theye were so loud the kids didn't play outside much.

Latest posts

Back