College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the rivalry game? I know it wou;d be for the state of Michigan

Yes we call it the rivalry game.
We'll see where Paul Bunyan, the rivalry trophy resides for the next year.

1697918817850.jpeg

UT plays at Bama today at 330. I'm recording to watch tonight.
Wifes family are torn between Mi vs MSU. I laugh at them
I root for Michigan and the wife roots for MSU just to rub it in, lol

We don't have a rivalry anymore Missouri/Kansas used to be one of the most hateful rivalries in the country, but when Missouri moved to the SEC the rivalry died.

Early in the 2nd quarter but Tennessee looks great and Alabama looks dreadful. Missouri is leading South Carolina in a game they should win.

We don't have a rivalry anymore Missouri/Kansas used to be one of the most hateful rivalries in the country, but when Missouri moved to the SEC the rivalry died.

Early in the 2nd quarter but Tennessee looks great and Alabama looks dreadful. Missouri is leading South Carolina in a game they should win.
I would give anything to be in Bama's locker room at half-time when the 'data-gatherers' come in.
They come out a completely different team when they come out in the second half. :thumbs:

UT plays at Bama today at 330. I'm recording to watch tonight.
Wifes family are torn between Mi vs MSU. I laugh at them

I recommend just watching the first half.. 1st half was all tn, bama had 16yds of offense. 2nd half, flip the script, all bama.

Oklahoma won, looked doubtful at times. Ms st beat arkansas, now has 6 loses in a row. They played the toughest early schedule of the whole sec. Thing that gets me... they played great games early and still lost, barely. But they looked worse each game instead of better. Msst is a crap team they should have beat... :(

I would give anything to be in Bama's locker room at half-time when the 'data-gatherers' come in.
They come out a completely different team when they come out in the second half. :thumbs:

Well whatever Saban said it certainly worked. Bama was a different team in the second half. Some good games tonight. Duke at Florida State should be a dandy. Michigan vs. Michigan State.

I made it in and watched the 2nd half. Deleted the recording mid way of 4th quarter. UT should have went home at the half. Their QB is terrible, defense just quit. Bama could do no wrong.
Watching the UL Ragin Cajuns game (required) DW is an alumni.
They have a couple of noteworthy players 🙂.
I know nothing about Georgia state.

Duke/Florida State is tied with a minute and a half to go in the first half. Duke is knocking on the door. North Carolina is also tied at the end of the third quarter. There will be some rearrangement in the top 25.

Michigan vs MSU rivalry game today at 7:30 EST

Go Blue!
A valid State of Michigan rivalry. As I always said I am a Michigan fan over Michigan State because when I was young and not into watching the games I liked the color blue, but both teams have my Michigan heart. It was obvious at the beginning, despite the records of both teams, that Michigan was going to dominate. I went to the neighbors to watch because our minimal TV channel selection didn't carry the broadcast and just after halftime we switched to the Utah/USC game and it was fun watching Utah pull away. I left before both games ended, I enjoyed what I watched and I need to head to bed soon. So, hopefully, this Michigander living in Utah will be happy with the final scores.

Duke/Florida State is tied with a minute and a half to go in the first half. Duke is knocking on the door. North Carolina is also tied at the end of the third quarter. There will be some rearrangement in the top 25.

Are you watching Az st right now? Washington has had the ball 6 times, they turned the ball over 4 times!! Can't win doing that!!! 🤣

Are you watching Az st right now? Washington has had the ball 6 times, they turned the ball over 4 times!! Can't win doing that!!! 🤣

Arizona State is a hated rival. I feel about Arizona State the way you probably feel about Auburn. You know the old adage: "I root for two teams; Arizona and whoever is playing Arizona State."

Arizona State has had a much better Football program. Arizona has been laughable in Football, but much better in Basketball and Baseball (which nobody seems to care about). This is Arizona's Bye week.

I did see that Washington won, but what a pathetic score 15-7!! Are you kidding me?!?! A team ranked in the top 10 beats a team that is 1-6 by a touchdown? IMHO, as much as I love PAC 12 Football, they are grossly overrated.

On a somewhat related note Mississippi State vs. Arkansas 7-3? Nobody scored in the second half? Did they pack up the bus and go home at halftime?

A valid State of Michigan rivalry. As I always said I am a Michigan fan over Michigan State because when I was young and not into watching the games I liked the color blue, but both teams have my Michigan heart. It was obvious at the beginning, despite the records of both teams, that Michigan was going to dominate. I went to the neighbors to watch because our minimal TV channel selection didn't carry the broadcast and just after halftime we switched to the Utah/USC game and it was fun watching Utah pull away. I left before both games ended, I enjoyed what I watched and I need to head to bed soon. So, hopefully, this Michigander living in Utah will be happy with the final scores.

Given the way Michigan has been playing I figured they would dominate, but I didn't see 49 to 0 coming, lol.

Given the way Michigan has been playing I figured they would dominate, but I didn't see 49 to 0 coming, lol.

Michigan/Ohio State should be a barnburner.

I saw a small part of a washington game a week or two ago. Wasn't impressed but reserved judgement.

Last night it was painfully obvious... Washington doesn't deserve a #5 ranking. After watching sec teams play all day... washington players are small and slow in comparison. As a team they are bad on both sides of the ball.

They have one good player and he'll probably win the Heisman. Their qb is great in anybody's book. But he can't carry them against quality teams. They've only beaten one top 25 team and that was oregon, yet another over rated pac team.

I saw a small part of a washington game a week or two ago. Wasn't impressed but reserved judgement.

Last night it was painfully obvious... Washington doesn't deserve a #5 ranking. After watching sec teams play all day... washington players are small and slow in comparison. As a team they are bad on both sides of the ball.

They have one good player and he'll probably win the Heisman. Their qb is great in anybody's book. But he can't carry them against quality teams. They've only beaten one top 25 team and that was oregon, yet another over rated pac team.

I totally agree. The talking heads are desperate to have at least one good team in the West, IMHO, for ratings. There are some quality teams in the midwest, but nothing West of Texas. That leaves a third of the country that nobody cares about or wants to watch. USC was way overrated, and they fell on their face. A Utah game wouldn't draw flies. They are desperate to have a highly ranked Western team in a major market to sell late night air time.

On a lighter note, pun completely intended, somebody at Alabama needs to give those kids a serious lesson on how to light a cigar. OMG!! They all looked like they were trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose. It was painful to watch. 😵

@Morgan101 There is now a cigar store just off campus on the ‘Strip’, I’m sure they give cigar tutorials. Saw it last fall, an over priced tourist trap along with everything else. The Strip was a great place when I was young, just food/bars and the best music in town. Not to mention the drinking age was 18 and 2000 female freshmen showed up each august. The strip was a lot of fun then, now the locals don’t even go there.

Well, Ok isn't ok tonight. Surprised they fell to Kansas though. Tn beat Ky, expected, they were never in any danger. Had better athletes in all positions, coaching was about even. It was nice to the ky defense stand up after the half like they did. Made it interesting for a while.

Georgia, well, they were georgia, can beat people a dozen different ways. I had hoped for a upset but Fl wasn't up to it.

Bama had a by week but i hope they didn't get a day off, need practice, lots of practice.

Caught part of the Oregon game. Bo Nix? really? What's this? His 10th season playing college ball? 🙃

Guess i need to check the sports pages. Fell asleep in my chair watching 3 games. Different games were on when i woke up. Don't know what happened to auburn or the aggies.

I only watched the UT/Ky game. Thought we were gonna lay another egg. 4th quarter was all UT. Our 4rd team RB lit it up. Does anyone else think Jesse Palmer needs to find another career? I hate hearing him call a game even worse than I did watching him play for the gators.
Some upsets today. More confusion in the Pac 10. Many folks saying OSU and MI are the top 2. I don't see it.

Well, Ok isn't ok tonight. Surprised they fell to Kansas though. Tn beat Ky, expected, they were never in any danger. Had better athletes in all positions, coaching was about even. It was nice to the ky defense stand up after the half like they did. Made it interesting for a while.

Georgia, well, they were georgia, can beat people a dozen different ways. I had hoped for a upset but Fl wasn't up to it.

Bama had a by week but i hope they didn't get a day off, need practice, lots of practice.

Caught part of the Oregon game. Bo Nix? really? What's this? His 10th season playing college ball? 🙃

Guess i need to check the sports pages. Fell asleep in my chair watching 3 games. Different games were on when i woke up. Don't know what happened to auburn or the aggies.
TA&M won.
Ragin' Cajuns won.
DW is happy. :D:thumbs:

This was Missouri's Bye week. Is Kansas that good or did Oklahoma lay an egg? I thought the same thing about Wisconsin/Ohio State. It was a lot closer than it should have been.

Arizona beat a ranked Oregon State team. They are much improved. Washington only beat (a terrible) Stanford by 9. Way overrated.

Bama plays LSU at 6:30 on CBS today.
Smack Talk = I was in the store a little while ago, lots of guys had on their purple LSU shirt.
One was facing me going by and I said: "I see you got your shirt on, Roll Tide! :D".
I thought he would blow a fuse, but he just looked sorry for me. :(
No, I was not wearing my Alabama shirt, that would be a sure way to get gang-raped:oops: .

Just watched A&M and Ole Ms. A great game, fun to watch. Ole Ms blew the lead in the 4th q then came back to win.
I thought DW was gonna pee her recliner when A&M blocked their punt and ran it back for a touchdown!
We are 'invested' in A&M, having sent thousand$ there for daughter's education.:)

Latest posts

Back