College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missouri won, but I think it was a cream puff. I don't think South Dakota has much of a program. I have not heard what the talking heads are saying about the team or expectations for the season. I am not a fan of Missouri's head coach, so my expectations are not high.

Watching the Bama vs Texas game on the wrong channelgaah. 209.
1/3rd of the screen, nothing but the 'yack-monkeys' holding microphones:mad:.
I complained and DW said: "it's probably on another channel". Me -Really?:dunno:
Sure enough, on 206, same game, full screen!
Me ->:huggs:<- her.

I changed my cable package, and no longer get ESPN or the SEC Network. This is the only time of year I miss them. It is kind of fun watching games where you have no skin in the game. Let me know how Arizona vs. Mississippi State ends.

Thanks, Guys. I do root for Mizzou, but Arizona is my alma mater, so I watch both. Unfortunately, neither one is very good, and oddly the same. Both have total idiots for Athletic Directors. Both of the Head Football coaches are terrible. It makes for a very long Football season. I try to find a good game to watch.

Bama ain't looking good
I just wanna know who that Texas guy is with the number "0" on his shirt. :oops:
One minute he is on offense, catching a long pass and running it in for a touchdown, the next minute he is on defense sacking Bama's quarterback:(.
Can a player play on both offense and defense?
When does he get a chance to rest?:dunno:
...and why didn't we recruit him? :mad:

Sorry Morgan. State 31-24 in one OT. AZ failed on 4th down by less than half a yard to get a 1st down. Replay took 5 minutes

It was a much better showing than I expected. I don't expect them to be a .500 team. Thanks for keeping me posted.

Tennessee struggled in the first half, at least by the score. Looks like they found their rhythm in the second half. IMHO that is huge, when you can adjust at halftime and find a way to win.

Maybe Alabama has come back to the pack. That is one of the really bad aspects of College Football. For all intents and purposes Alabama's season is over. They have virtually no chance of winning a national championship. They have to hope others lose, and they have to run the table.

Bamas quarterback had a bad game. Last week he was lights out.
UT's quarterback in a 6th year senior with a HUGE ARM. 90 yard throws are possible. But he has never had the touch to hit his receivers. I didn't get to watch, but apparently it's still an issue. Our back up is a true freshman that has a wrist injury. Hopefully not a major injury. Defense played lights out again according to reports

Well my teams won. Missouri had a miraculous win. Who would think a college kid could kick a 61 yard field goal? A huge win over a very good Kansas State team. Arizona beat UTEP, which I would put in the "Who Cares" category.

I watched most of the Georgia vs. South Carolina game. First half South Carolina could do no wrong. Second half they could do no right. Georgia prevailed. Florida must be a lot better than I thought. How did everybody else do?

Well UT laid a huge egg against Fl. Terrible game. Penalties all over the place. Defense wouldn't wrap up. O line wouldn't block, recivers dropping the ball. And the coaches never figured out what to do. I turned it off in 3rd quarter and went to bed

Disappointing to say the least. Nothing worse than having their Evil Twins show up and stinking up the staduim.

Bama won, though i'm not sure how... Toward the end the O-line got tired of the bs and did it themselves. They still weighed 350lbs each, couldn't screw that up! :rolleyes:

We don't have a qb, gonna be a long season with loses and a few accidental wins.
Watching the Bama and Ol' Miss game today.
My only question: Why can't every team have cheerleaders as pretty as Bama's?
IMG_20230923_174223.jpg

Bama looked good the 2nd half today. They came out and ran the ball down their throats. Wasn't fancy or complicated, no finesse, just brute force. It changed what ole miss was trying to do offensively. This opened things up for the bama defense. I think they got 5 sacks, couple int's.

If they play like this the rest of the season they'll win a lot of games. They won't win the sec but there might be a little joy in Mudville this year.

Last edited:
We were out of town, so I didn't see a thing. Just checking the scores, Mizzou won, but I wouldn't call Memphis a football powerhouse. Their real season will start when they play conference games.

Were there any surprises or big upsets?

We were out of town, so I didn't see a thing. Just checking the scores, Mizzou won, but I wouldn't call Memphis a football powerhouse. Their real season will start when they play conference games.

Nope, same ol same ol!!😉😃😃😃

Several close games, great for watching. Lsu beat arkansas in a tight game, heart breaking for the hogs. excellent football by both teams, a real battle. Ms st at sc was a good game also.

The only big surprise was how badly a&m beat auburn. auburn got embarrassed, far worse than the score reflects, horrible stats. Bama played ol miss better than anyone thought going in, it surprised me.

Bama won big over Ms st. Offense sputtered, didn't look good as a unit. The defense is starting to come together, had moments of good ball.. Basically, better athletes won the field.

Ole Ms won in a close game with lsu, neither team had a defense. I heard ol ms had over 700yds of offense, lsu about the same. They swapped scores in the second half... last team with the ball wins! Fun game to watch!

Latest posts

Back