College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminded me of the Missouri/Georgia game. The whole game you wondered how they were the #1 team in the country, but in the last three minutes they pulled it out. I guess it is a testimonial to how good they really are. You don't have your best stuff, and you aren't playing very well, but you still find a way to win.

Should be a good final. TCU earned a lot of respect with their win. NOBODY saw that coming.

Last edited:
Anybody watching the national chamionship game tonight? Ga vs TCU

I just turned it on, and it is halftime. I haven't even seen a score, but from the coaches short interviews before going into the locker room it sounds like Georgia has the lead.

Looks like Georgia came out firing on all eight. The talking heads are saying TCU is a third quarter team. Georgia is too well coached to take them lightly. We will see.

Sigh. As a Cornhusker fan, I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry a little bit and maybe think about the golden years (that I was alive) of 1994, 1995 and 1997.
I was trying to figure out what TCU stood for... DW schooled me.
Evidently you can't say 'Christian' on TV anymore. :mad:
Speaking of, whatever happened to Notre Dame?
Haven't seen much of them in years.
I remember back when they were the one team Bama dreaded playing because they were the one that could hand them a loss.:dunno:

Last edited:
65-7? Really? That was pitiful. Can't even say they played badly. They didn't belong on the field. There's a half dozen teams who'd have made it interesting. TCU isn't one of them.
But think about this....
The Bulldogs still have to go back to Georgiya 🤨.
Want some peanuts and peaches?🤪

Last edited:
65-7? Really? That was pitiful. Can't even say they played badly. They didn't belong on the field. There's a half dozen teams who'd have made it interesting. TCU isn't one of them.

At least on paper you would think there could have been several better oponents, but TCU earned their spot. You can't take that away from them. Cudos to Georgia. They have been the best team in college football for the last two years. From what the talking heads were saying, they will be just as strong next year.

My brother keeps track, and this year all of the conferences were around .500 in bowl play. No one conference dominated. I agree. I think top to bottom the SEC is the strongest. How many national championships in a row? How many of those were two SEC teams playing each other?

Well since this thread is on hiatus, I totally missed this :(:

GA handing it to LSU... (Maybe that is reversed :rolleyes:)

That is coaching. Georgia was alert and knew the rules. LSU was asleep. The only guy I can remember admitting it was Frank Broyles. There was a cntroversial play at the end of a game. When asked about it Broyles replied " That was our fault for poor coaching."

Is it THAT time of year again? Can't stand sports these days, but I LOVE a good tailgate party! I had this friend who had a 72" TV up in under a shed and a bunch of seats around a fire pit and a cooler as big as a coffin!

FL lost... they looked bad, couldn't do anything right. Except shoot themselves in the foot, they had that down pat. They had better athletes but wasn't prepared to play. Looked like a spring scrimage. I think they play TN in a couple weeks. They have a lot of work to do, the sec isn't going to be so kind.

Both my favorite teams on broadcast tv this weekend. Can't remember that ever happening? But I don't think I can sit still that long.

Crazy changes with the Pac 12 conference. Will keep things interesting? Gonna be a wild start for the season?

Home game this Saturday the 2nd. game time 6:30pm against Middle TN State (murfreesboro).
I couldn't find it! gaah
All of the channels show the teams playing... but not ESPN!:mad:
I had to scroll down thru every channel from 3 to 611 to discover that they had it listed as: "College Football"gaah.
I need a beer.:(
Edit: Boy, Auburn had a party with Massachewsets. 59 to 14 :oops:. What, no mercy?

Last edited:
I couldn't find it! gaah
All of the channels show the teams playing... but not ESPN!:mad:
I had to scroll down thru every channel from 3 to 611 to discover that they had it listed as: "College Football"gaah.
I need a beer.:(
Edit: Boy, Auburn had a party with Massachewsets. 59 to 14 :oops:. No mercy?
Bama is playing on 611. Just went to halftime a few minutes ago.

UT spanked UVA today. Nice start to the season. I expected it to be closer than it was

Looks like bama has another QB named Jalen. As a passer he has a stronger arm and much better touch than jalen hurts, but not as good as Tua Tag… But he’s a much better athlete than Tua.

He looked great tonight except he sometimes gets ‘happy feet’. Meaning his feet aren’t set when he throws. He made several amazing throws when they were set, beautiful touch on the ball. Have to coach him up though!!! Happy feet aren’t going to win the sec.

The bama team sputtered here and there during the first half. As is expected first game of the season. Also, as expected, they were smokin’ hot after halftime. Saban always makes great adjustments. As a team they look great tonight. Lets see how they do in October, the meat of the sec schedule.

Latest posts

Back