Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello folks -I'm still here, just on the back of another conversation I decided to take a step back from commenting for a while. Not sure if I was having a bad day or they were 🤔
I see someone above tagged me, but I didn't get a 'ping'!?
Thank you though, for thinking of me.

Hello folks -I'm still here, just on the back of another conversation I decided to take a step back from commenting for a while. Not sure if I was having a bad day or they were 🤔
I see someone above tagged me, but I didn't get a 'ping'!?
Thank you though, for thinking of me.
Glad to see you!! Don't let the negative nellies get to you!!😉♥️

Thought I’d put this here after reading in Tankgirl’s thread.
@Pearl has my number but even if she didn’t, I would come back and haunt her so y’all would know I passed on. 😉😂
I have your number too.
I also have several other peoples information.
Just as several people have my information.

Hey there long time no talk to
Yeah, sorry.
I got very discouraged from the whole prepping thing, when I injured myself summer of last year trying to get back into shape.
Havent gotten back on the horse since then and am now weak and slow.
It has discouraged me quite a bit.

Been doing a lot of post-apocalyptic video gaming though thats been a big distration as well.
Just bought a new 4x4. :D

Yeah, sorry.
I got very discouraged from the whole prepping thing, when I injured myself summer of last year trying to get back into shape.
Havent gotten back on the horse since then and am now weak and slow.

Been doing a lot of post-apocalyptic video gaming though thats been a big distration as well.
I will share an inspiring story with you when I don’t have to thumb type. If I forget, please remind me.

@Rick
So I had some friends who passed several years ago. The husband's name was Bob. There was another gal and myself who regularly checked in on them and helped them etc. (There was a third gal the last several months). Some time in the last year of his life - so 94-95 years old, I got a call from the other gal who looked in on him as the mrs. had passed the year prior so he was alone. We each had a key and would knock but then let ourselves in. She called me to tell me she walked in and found him holding a pistol between his knees using both hands to try to cock it. When she asked what he was doing, he said he wanted to know he still could as he had been watching the news. He said if they came at him he knew he didn't stand a chance but he'd like to at least take one out before they got him 😍 This was an ol' fella who could hardly walk to make it to the bathroom and back to his chair. Whatever you are facing, I know you've "trained" and have knowledge. I pray you can be strong in the weakness you encounter 🙏

It's really hard when those you care about go and you never hear another word. Many miss Grizzleyette here and on other forums. I about worried myself to death when she went missing after posting so often on another forum and having been able to get to know her online. She's how I found this place, I was looking for any word about her and what may have happened. All we know is that she had fallen ill with some malady and was gone. I like to think she's still out there doing just fine, but for whatever reason had to go dark online.
Hate to tell you this but I saw a post on the other forum that she was sick for a while and passed away....sorry ( but I don't even know if its true, all I know I read it ) . If you really want to know maybe ask one of the admins over there, she was one of them for a while I am pretty sure)

Hate to tell you this but I saw a post on the other forum that she was sick for a while and passed away....sorry ( but I don't even know if its true, all I know I read it ) . If you really want to know maybe ask one of the admins over there, she was one of them for a while I am pretty sure)
Wish someone could/would find out!!

What other forum?

@Rick
So I had some friends who passed several years ago. The husband's name was Bob. There was another gal and myself who regularly checked in on them and helped them etc. (There was a third gal the last several months). Some time in the last year of his life - so 94-95 years old, I got a call from the other gal who looked in on him as the mrs. had passed the year prior so he was alone. We each had a key and would knock but then let ourselves in. She called me to tell me she walked in and found him holding a pistol between his knees using both hands to try to cock it. When she asked what he was doing, he said he wanted to know he still could as he had been watching the news. He said if they came at him he knew he didn't stand a chance but he'd like to at least take one out before they got him 😍 This was an ol' fella who could hardly walk to make it to the bathroom and back to his chair. Whatever you are facing, I know you've "trained" and have knowledge. I pray you can be strong in the weakness you encounter 🙏
Well at least I can still shoot well enough to beat about half of my collegues at the "office" (all of whom are multi deployed veterans and most of whom are former Special Operators).
But i cannot run or ruck the way I feel I need to.
gained weight too.
Physical fitness is a very important component of our tactical usefulness and now I lack it.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry.
Haven't gotten back on the horse since then and am now weak and slow.

Been doing a lot of post-apocalyptic video gaming though that's been a big distraction as well.
I have limited abilities. I hurt my back when I was a young adult, around the age of 20. It has bothered me every day since. I have to pace myself. I can do a little here and a little there. But I keep putting one foot in front of the other. Some days I am able to do more than others.

Cabin Fever hasn't been on since August!!🤔
We've been on the road and preparing for winter.

Last week we returned from a traveling vacation in our van conversion. 39 days on the road, about 5000 miles, 9 states, 3 National Parks, 2 National Monuments, 12 State Park, and 5 forts (Fort Riley, Forth Griffin, Fort Robinson, Fort Ridgely, Fort Yellowstone.) and too many museums to count. From Minnesota, to Texas, to Wyoming, to Montana, to South Dakota, and everywhere in between.

Since returning home, we've been preparing for winter. Winterizing the RV and small engine equipment, harvesting firewood, mowing, raking, draining hoses, etc.

1697035944309.png

Last edited:

Last week we returned from a traveling vacation in our van conversion. 39 days on the road, about 5000 miles, 9 states, 3 National Parks, 2 National Monuments, 12 State Park, and 5 forts (Fort Riley, Forth Griffin, Fort Robinson, Fort Ridgely, Fort Yellowstone.) and too many museums to count. From Minnesota, to Texas, to Wyoming, to Montana, to South Dakota, and everywhere in between.

Since returning home, we've been preparing for winter. Winterizing the RV and small engine equipment, harvesting firewood, mowing, raking, draining hoses, etc.
Glad to hear from you!

View attachment 117560
That looks like it was a great trip! Having grown up on the plains of South Dakota, I like driving and being on the plains, minus that pesky wind. It is boring to some people, but there are nuances in the terrain and landscape there.

View attachment 117560

Sounds like a great trip. Post some photos! You stopped at places i'd like to see. :)

View attachment 117560
In South Dakota, you were fairly close to one of the other members here, @Tacotom . It looks like you went through some reservations west of the Missouri River. He lives out that way. I don't remember the name of the community where he lives, but fairly close to Eagle Butte.

View attachment 117560
Nowhere near Ohio, BUT IL and WI stand in the way, can't say I blame em :p

It looks like @hiwall hasn't been on since July 18. I hope he is well.
He is fine. I reached out sometime back to check on him. He said he didn't have any complaints or issues with anyone here but was simply reducing his online time and being present in his life.
Understandable.

Latest posts

Back