Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tip there: If you have a trusted friend, spouse or family, give them POA (Power or Attorney) with the Lawyer when you redo your will. They can step right in without losing a beat and you will make their lives a whole lot easier when dealing with your affairs. Even if you are just incapacitated, there is now a clear, LEGAL chain of command.
Remember, Power Of Attorney ends upon the death of the person who granted it to you. So it's good when someone is incapacitated, but not after they have passed. You need an Executor/PersonalRepresentative designated for after-death affairs.

You need PoA (both financial and medical - these are two separate PoA's but can be the same person), you need an Executor, you need a Will, you need Advanced Directives (which include a Living Will), you need HIPAA documents, you may want a DNR ("Do Not Resuscitate" order). And depending on your financial situation, planning and desires - a Trust. And as has already been mentioned - documents of accounts, logins and passwords, secret questions, and 2FA devices that are used.

I am to old for this. I have been burning the candle at both ends fixing a truck building a smoker and cooking on a smoker and doing all the stuff I gotta do around the house I have not had the time to relax and post here or anywhere
I cooked three tenderloins 10 pounds of leg quarters all night last night and going to an event with over 2000 people to sell them today

On the trucks d the smoker IMG_0352.jpeg
[IMG_0522.jpegIMG_0523.jpegIMG_0521.jpegIMG_0515.jpegIMG_0509.jpegIMG_0512.jpegIMG_0513.jpegIMG_0511.jpeg

I am to old for this. I have been burning the candle at both ends fixing a truck building a smoker and cooking on a smoker and doing all the stuff I gotta do around the house I have not had the time to relax and post here or anywhere
I cooked three tenderloins 10 pounds of leg quarters all night last night and going to an event with over 2000 people to sell them today

On the trucks d the smoker View attachment 152967
[View attachment 152966View attachment 152965View attachment 152964View attachment 152963View attachment 152962View attachment 152961View attachment 152960View attachment 152959
Looks like enough food to lure some help your way!! We are glad you are just old and not leaving us (😉😂😂)!! Good luck at the event!! Let us hear some good news afterwards!!

I find every time I sign in ( homestead ) that I have to click off all the active buttons if i do not accept all, I think dr Henley said about rejecting all I cannot find that , would it be because I am using VPN ,and it clears every time i close the computer down

Where is TMTTACTICAL......????

Looks like March 18'th was his last post. He was active here and on Survival Boards.

Last edited:
Where is TMTTACTICAL......????

Looks like March 18'th was his last post. He was active here and on Survival Boards.
He has 2 id's here since the merge @TMT Tactical and @tmttactical but wasn't active on either forum since March.
So it wasn't from the merge.

I find every time I sign in ( homestead ) that I have to click off all the active buttons if i do not accept all, I think dr Henley said about rejecting all I cannot find that , would it be because I am using VPN ,and it clears every time i close the computer down
I shut my laptop down or reboot it about once a week. I used to shut it off every night before I went to bed, but no need, really.

I want to again recommend for the members who are special to you, that you find a way to be connected to them off of the forum. It could be email, phone, text, etc. I know that some of you have some connections off of the forum, but it seems that some do not.

I know some of you are all about OPSEC, but when someone special to you goes missing, then what? People mostly do not use their real names, and tend to keep their locations, etc. private, but making a few friends here is not all bad.

I remember all the members who were all about Sentry, not even thinking that with his charisma and charm AND his line of work (law enforcement), that he could be one of the people who would be wanting as much information about us as anyone. Think NSA!

Reach out to people who you want to stay in touch with.

I'm retired, and also a long standing (well, mostly sitting) member. I have offered this before, and even have had the occasion to use it occasionally for emergencies. Feel free to send me a private conversation (the new way to send PM's) to my inbox. simply title it with your name, and in the text box, add any email, addresses, emergency contacts, etc, you feel comfortable with, and they will be safe until you go missing. I or Patch will reach out, just to make sure you were OK.

once upon a time at another place and time...someone went missing from internet forum...someone had their personal information...fast forward..it got shared somehow and the old guy come around barn and was met by local sheriffs office for wellness check...he got po'd for folks checking up on him that way...i would have too...that could have ended very badly for a wide range of reasons.all that was wrong he didnt have enough money to cover internet...so he skipped it till net month...asking to many question might embarrass folks too...just saying is all.

if i ever go MIA....do not try and hunt me up...ever...never...ever....i already was laying low once when a certain donkey told the world i was at xyz forum posting.

I'm too new for anyone to care about and will eventually piss someone off who will want me gone. But I am with @elkhound. If I disappear for more than 6 months without prior notice that I took a job assignment somewhere with iffy internet, just presume that my roommate found me in bed with a pair of 20-something year old blondes and decided to reveal lifes mystery to me in the form of a bullet to the head. Or the more likely possibility that I choked on a chicken wing and died all alone in my boxers while these dogs ate the rest of my meal.

once upon a time at another place and time...someone went missing from internet forum...someone had their personal information...fast forward..it got shared somehow and the old guy come around barn and was met by local sheriffs office for wellness check...he got po'd for folks checking up on him that way...i would have too...that could have ended very badly for a wide range of reasons.all that was wrong he didnt have enough money to cover internet...so he skipped it till net month...asking to many question might embarrass folks too...just saying is all.

if i ever go MIA....do not try and hunt me up...ever...never...ever....i already was laying low once when a certain donkey told the world i was at xyz forum posting.
I completely understand. This is voluntary only, but because of this, we were able to communicate with one of our good members who was dying of cancer

Well, that was just wrong to send someone in for a wellness check! There are other ways to reach out to someone you are concerned about. I get that some people would not want that. I wouldn't.

For me, Send the county for a wellness check, they already have ALL my info. If Lori and I are both croaked, at least the cats and dog will be cared for.

Attention everyone... just spoke with Snappy1 She has been without power since Tuesday afternoon. Still without power today, no internet... no estimate where ele will be restored. Managed to get her phone charged at a neighbors and called me...

Wants everyone to know she's okay, will be back on when she can.

Also... my power was off 15hrs, came back on this morning... lots of storms here in the SE.

Latest posts

Back