Country internet and phone

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how do you get internet and phone

• Total voters
I know of at least 25 properties that would love to tap in to the fiber optic cable. I wonder how many properties it would take for a company to find it profitable?

I know of at least 25 properties that would love to tap in to the fiber optic cable. I wonder how many properties it would take for a company to find it profitable?
In Ohio, Spectrum (Time Warner Cable), wants 10 houses signed up before they consider it, and those 10 houses must be near existing service.

Alternatively, they'll let you pay for the cable install to your house, and then you can pay your monthly bill. Husband/wife friends built a new house 2 summers ago, and did just that. I think they paid around $5K. They were waffling about whether to do it, but they will live there for the rest of their lives (late 20s now) and they need the high speed to be able to telework occasionally.

According to the AT&T representative in Mobile, AL the entire U. S. must be fiberoptic by 2020. Pess recently had AT&T run it into his place from the pole around 2300 - 2400 ft away, underground....$8500 for the entire job. Mediacom does not serve Pess's area, HughesNet sucks (at least in this area), drops the connection every 5 - 10 minutes, Comcast refused to bury the cable, and AT&T were the only ones willing to do the job. And their service (so far) is great.

Latest posts

Back