Create electricity with a modified alternator and an electric motor?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INresponse

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Yesterday I saw these videos while scrolling through YouTube. I watched the first one thinking "No way" but the second video answers questions and shows they are not faking it. In the second video they mention making a future video to produce 120 volts instead of 240. However even 240 volt would be useful for running a 240 volt window AC unit, an oven or clothes dryer, a clothes dryer converted to a forced air heater, a welder, etc. I think they claim it would make 10,000 watts so it can power the motor that turns the alternator plus supply much more power. They wrap a string around the alternator shaft to pull start the system, providing the initial power once the magnets start rotating.

The first video shows how to take apart a 24 volt alternator, remove the rectifier, add Neodymium magnets, seal the magnets, rewire the output connections, reassemble, wire in an outlet strip, and mount it and a motor to a platform, and then start the power generator.
Turn on the English subtitles to read what they are doing because they do not talk in this video.

The second video answers many questions and shows they do not have an internal or external power source. They are very thorough in trying to prove it is not a fake. They actually talk and explain what they are doing in this video. Judging by the accent I think they are Spanish and because it is 220 volts perhaps they are in Spain.

I sent the links to my electronics guru brother-in-law but he has not answered back.

What are your thoughts?

The video stared that they had modified something with magnets, magnets either store or capture energy, looking things up on the net doesn't help here because "science" has for the most part proven to be a narrative to support what ever is being supported. The device appears to cycle energy, perhaps from the magnets, proof of actually making power would be to start adding light bulbs to the circuit. maybe they did the music was too irritating. (I really wish people would stop adding music)

Yesterday I saw these videos while scrolling through YouTube. I watched the first one thinking "No way" but the second video answers questions and shows they are not faking it. In the second video they mention making a future video to produce 120 volts instead of 240. However even 240 volt would be useful for running a 240 volt window AC unit, an oven or clothes dryer, a clothes dryer converted to a forced air heater, a welder, etc. I think they claim it would make 10,000 watts so it can power the motor that turns the alternator plus supply much more power. They wrap a string around the alternator shaft to pull start the system, providing the initial power once the magnets start rotating.

The first video shows how to take apart a 24 volt alternator, remove the rectifier, add Neodymium magnets, seal the magnets, rewire the output connections, reassemble, wire in an outlet strip, and mount it and a motor to a platform, and then start the power generator.
Turn on the English subtitles to read what they are doing because they do not talk in this video.

The second video answers many questions and shows they do not have an internal or external power source. They are very thorough in trying to prove it is not a fake. They actually talk and explain what they are doing in this video. Judging by the accent I think they are Spanish and because it is 220 volts perhaps they are in Spain.

I sent the links to my electronics guru brother-in-law but he has not answered back.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts...

Laws-of-Thermodynamics.png

The first law of thermodynamics is in play here.

The mechanical energy introduced by pulling the rope is converted to electrical energy by the alternator which is converted by the motor into mechanical energy....

Perfectly efficient alternator and motor etc could in a vacuum at absolute zero temp could run forever but...

There are no 100% efficient alternators or motors.

As they run heat is generated. That heat energy is lost energy.

The belt drive is another loss of energy due to friction. Belt drives are less efficient than direct coupling or gears by the way.

So given enough time that system will run down via heat loss alone.

Plug a light into that power strip and the electrical energy will be converted into light and heat energy and by lost.

In layman's terms thermodynamics says...

You dont get something for nothing.

What energy you get out is limited to what you put in via the pull cord.

More trivia

Einstein was once asked what area of physics would withstand the test of time. His answer

Thermodynamics

Ben

The video stared that they had modified something with magnets, magnets either store or capture energy, looking things up on the net doesn't help here because "science" has for the most part proven to be a narrative to support what ever is being supported. The device appears to cycle energy, perhaps from the magnets, proof of actually making power would be to start adding light bulbs to the circuit. maybe they did the music was too irritating. (I really wish people would stop adding music)
There was no speaking, turn the volume down. :ghostly:

From what I gathered, based on my limited knowledge of the subject, is when they added the permanent magnets it allowed the alternator to create a much higher amount of electrical current. Due to the increased output it was able to power the motor and additional electrical devices. In one of the videos it was powering the motor and an angle grinder and a drill. When they connected the multimeter it was showing over 10,000 watts.

I understand things can be faked but I thought the second video where they answered all the questions and showed it was not wired into a power source and did contain batteries was pretty convincing. But, I dunno.

My brother-in-law replied a bit ago and said No Way. That doesn't surprise me, he is not as open minded and would adhere to the You Can't Get Nothing From Nothing mindset.

My thoughts...

View attachment 81182

The first law of thermodynamics is in play here.

The mechanical energy introduced by pulling the rope is converted to electrical energy by the alternator which is converted by the motor into mechanical energy....

Perfectly efficient alternator and motor etc could in a vacuum at absolute zero temp could run forever but...

There are no 100% efficient alternators or motors.

As they run heat is generated. That heat energy is lost energy.

The belt drive is another loss of energy due to friction. Belt drives are less efficient than direct coupling or gears by the way.

So given enough time that system will run down via heat loss alone.

Plug a light into that power strip and the electrical energy will be converted into light and heat energy and by lost.

In layman's terms thermodynamics says...

You dont get something for nothing.

What energy you get out is limited to what you put in via the pull cord.

More trivia

Einstein was once asked what area of physics would withstand the test of time. His answer

Thermodynamics

Ben

Sooo, is that a No?

There was no speaking, turn the volume down. :ghostly:

From what I gathered, based on my limited knowledge of the subject, is when they added the permanent magnets it allowed the alternator to create a much higher amount of electrical current. Due to the increased output it was able to power the motor and additional electrical devices. In one of the videos it was powering the motor and an angle grinder and a drill. When they connected the multimeter it was showing over 10,000 watts.

I understand things can be faked but I thought the second video where they answered all the questions and showed it was not wired into a power source and did contain batteries was pretty convincing. But, I dunno.

My brother-in-law replied a bit ago and said No Way. That doesn't surprise me, he is not as open minded and would adhere to the You Can't Get Nothing From Nothing mindset.
Videos like that are the equivalent of snake oil salesmen. The ones that rely on taking advantage of the mysterious magnetic fields take advantage of the fact that few people have studied the math that clearly and completely describes the relationship between magnetic and electrical fields as defined by Maxwell's equations.

550px-Maxwell-equations.jpg

But I will not wave my hands like a wand and claim mastery over the topic but rather attempt to draw an analogy that may make it easier to understand where the slight if hand is taking place.

Gravity is also a field similar to magnetism but differs in that it not a dipole like magnetism.

If one were to dire a bullet straight up in the air the energy transfered to the bullet by the propellent is kinetic (moving) energy. As the bullet rises gravity slows the bullet down until it reaches its apex when stops moving up. At the apex the bullet has zero kinetic energy but maximum potential energy.

As gravity acts on the bullet it picks up speed converting the potential energy back into kinetic energy. When the bullet returns to the ground it has the same energy it had when it was fired but is moving in opposite direction.

The above narration is illustration of the second law of thermodynamics. Energy is converted from kinetic to potential and back to kinetic energy (ignore air resistance for now).

So let's step into a space ship with our gun and visit another planet that has twice the mass of the earth and therefore twice the gravitational field.

Repeat the experiment. The amount of energy from the propellent is the same so the muzzle velocity is the same as is the initial kinetic energy. But since the gravity is doubled the bullet is slowed down at twice the rate of Earth's gravity and reaches its apex at half the height as on earth.

At its apex it has the same potential energy as the initial kinetic energy like on earth.

Doubling the gravitational field does not change the energy.

Nuff of that part of the story.

The other part of the hoodwinking is the reference of power being measured in watts "10,000 watts" (or 10 Kilowatts).

Look at your electric bill to see that the energy you purchase from the power company is in Killowatt-hours. How long that contraption can deliver 10KW is the issue.

I will wrap it up there.

Just trying to help!

Ben

Who would have thought that infinite energy was as simple as connecting a motor to an alternator connected back to the motor? :dunno:

That reminds me, I want to re-watch the movie Idiocracy.
Re: Idiocracy

For a good laugh yes. But for a lesson not so much.

But that reminds me, I should check if I need to add Gatoraide to my seed starting trays. ;)

Ben

when they added the permanent magnets it allowed the alternator to create a much higher amount of electrical current. Due to the increased output it was able to power the motor and additional electrical devices. In one of the videos it was powering the motor and an angle grinder and a drill. When they connected the multimeter it was showing over 10,000 watts.
I studied overunity generators a lot. And those powered by permanent magnets do exist, and have for years. They are just too expensive for the amount of power they produce.
Not cost effective.
Plenty of videos of them on YouTube.
Ben's extensive physics formulas leave out the fact that permanent magnets spew power out constantly for decades, like a light that you can't turn off.
If you look the other way, there is no light to see. :(

I studied overunity generators a lot. And those powered by permanent magnets do exist, and have for years. They are just too expensive for the amount of power they produce.
Not cost effective.
Plenty of videos of them on YouTube.
Ben's extensive physics formulas leave out the fact that permanent magnets spew power out constantly for decades, like a light that you can't turn off.
If you look the other way, there is no light to see. :(

Those are Maxwell's not mine!

He77 I can barely remember what they mean now let alone...

:confused2:

Ben

I wish you would have seen the look on the science teacher's face when I asked him what the speed of magnetic lines of force/ gravity, was. The science of this is interesting in considering that if you pass a wire through a magnetic field the electricity generated in that wire are traveling at near the speed of light, even though the wire is only being moved slowly.

I wish you would have seen the look on the science teacher's face when I asked him what the speed of magnetic lines of force/ gravity, was. The science of this is interesting in considering that if you pass a wire through a magnetic field the electricity generated in that wire are traveling at near the speed of light, even though the wire is only being moved slowly.
Individual electrons in a conductor do not travel at near the speed of light but the electrical field that pushes them along does change with speed of the conductor.

The third equation down in my previous image ...

Del X E = -dB/dt

Says

Del X E = the magnitude of the electric field

Is proportional to

-dB/dt = the number of magetic field lines crossed per unit of time.

Ben

Who would have thought that infinite energy was as simple as connecting a motor to an alternator connected back to the motor? :dunno:

That reminds me, I want to re-watch the movie Idiocracy.
I am not arguing either way, but did you watch the videos and pay attention to the explanations? It isn't just an alternator, it was highly modified. Again, I am not claiming it to be fact, I am just open for discussion on what I thought were very interesting videos. Based on what I saw there was no external power source, unless you noticed something I missed.

Videos like that are the equivalent of snake oil salesmen. The ones that rely on taking advantage of the mysterious magnetic fields take advantage of the fact that few people have studied the math that clearly and completely describes the relationship between magnetic and electrical fields as defined by Maxwell's equations.

View attachment 81242
But I will not wave my hands like a wand and claim mastery over the topic but rather attempt to draw an analogy that may make it easier to understand where the slight if hand is taking place.

Gravity is also a field similar to magnetism but differs in that it not a dipole like magnetism.

If one were to dire a bullet straight up in the air the energy transfered to the bullet by the propellent is kinetic (moving) energy. As the bullet rises gravity slows the bullet down until it reaches its apex when stops moving up. At the apex the bullet has zero kinetic energy but maximum potential energy.

As gravity acts on the bullet it picks up speed converting the potential energy back into kinetic energy. When the bullet returns to the ground it has the same energy it had when it was fired but is moving in opposite direction.

The above narration is illustration of the second law of thermodynamics. Energy is converted from kinetic to potential and back to kinetic energy (ignore air resistance for now).

So let's step into a space ship with our gun and visit another planet that has twice the mass of the earth and therefore twice the gravitational field.

Repeat the experiment. The amount of energy from the propellent is the same so the muzzle velocity is the same as is the initial kinetic energy. But since the gravity is doubled the bullet is slowed down at twice the rate of Earth's gravity and reaches its apex at half the height as on earth.

At its apex it has the same potential energy as the initial kinetic energy like on earth.

Doubling the gravitational field does not change the energy.

Nuff of that part of the story.

The other part of the hoodwinking is the reference of power being measured in watts "10,000 watts" (or 10 Kilowatts).

Look at your electric bill to see that the energy you purchase from the power company is in Killowatt-hours. How long that contraption can deliver 10KW is the issue.

I will wrap it up there.

Just trying to help!

Ben
Excellent explanation. Thank you.

Does not exist:

Trust the science :thumbs:
Always wear your mask.:rolleyes:

I made a decent battery charger like that years ago out of a 1 wire Gm alternator but it was not anywhere close to a perpetual power machine.
Yup. And while guestimating possible cost for this contraption I saw the 1 wire racing alternators. I don't know why I keep forgetting about them but they just can't stay in my knoggin'. Worse part of that is my friend had one on his racecar I helped him with for many years.

Yup. And while guestimating possible cost for this contraption I saw the 1 wire racing alternators. I don't know why I keep forgetting about them but they just can't stay in my knoggin'. Worse part of that is my friend had one on his racecar I helped him with for many years.

A friend owned an alternator/starter/electric motor shop he built 1 wire alternators. I have put them on about everything in the past

I get no sound or closed captioning. I don't know what they are doing but the contraption looks creative.
It's ok.
We already flogged this topic to death in ANOTHER THREAD.
Some reading for you to do there.
Pay your power bill, because we love you! 😍
*Disclaimer: Super owns lots of stock in a power company and they send him a fat check.

I am not arguing either way, but did you watch the videos and pay attention to the explanations?
I did not watch the videos. Because "free" energy, like perpetual motion, is impossible. Energy has to be added to the system to keep it going. One can certainly make things more efficient, so that they run a long time on a small amount of added energy. But there is no such thing as "run forever", or "never need to add energy".

My vote is a solid "no" on this one. Without needing to watch the videos.

I would have voted no a few years ago but the people who sponsored the scientists are the same group who sponsor faucci science, and look at how fast the media is to poo poo any sort of energy harvest that the poweres can't tax, food for thought, calling theories laws smell fishy to me.

I did not watch the videos. Because "free" energy, like perpetual motion, is impossible. Energy has to be added to the system to keep it going. One can certainly make things more efficient, so that they run a long time on a small amount of added energy. But there is no such thing as "run forever", or "never need to add energy".

My vote is a solid "no" on this one. Without needing to watch the videos.
You paid your power bill right on time last month, and for that we thank you! :huggs:
There's a good reason I named my research 'thingy' flashlight.
It would generate about enough electricity to power a flashlight.:(
There is much power at our fingertips, but the PTB need your money...and you will send it.:)

I would have voted no a few years ago but the people who sponsored the scientists are the same group who sponsor faucci science
I'm not voting no because the scientists tell me to vote that way. I'm voting no because of my personal education and experience. If someone had come even remotely close to developing free energy, we (technical people) would have already been aware of it and researched it. It's not like a fantastical discovery like that would slip by unnoticed, save for some dude on YouTube.

I'm not voting no because the scientists tell me to vote that way. I'm voting no because of my personal education and experience. If someone had come even remotely close to developing free energy, we (technical people) would have already been aware of it and researched it. It's not like a fantastical discovery like that would slip by unnoticed, save for some dude on YouTube.
What he said!

Ben

I have seen people make these in the past. The problem to me is that they never have their home running on it. If I created a power generator that worked I would begin by connecting my home to it. That would make me about $120 per month.Then I would patent it and release it with the open source contract. I don't need to get rich but the world needs more energy.

Back