Deer season

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TENNGRIZZ

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
One doe in the freezer

Attachments

• IMG_20221204_171436.jpg
    IMG_20221204_171436.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20221204_171613.jpg
    IMG_20221204_171613.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
This deer season I haven't seen any and haven't heard any shot except the drug dealer down the road was shot with a shotgun by a customer. I'm in the mountains near a small town. Maybe because all the libs buying up places around here during 2020 to escape the city they destroyed and bringing their lib ways .

I'm glad that deer and elk season are finally over. We're in a no vehicle travel area. We have a forest service lease that allows us to drive up here to access our ranch. This pisses some hunters off that they cant drive in this area and we can. Occasionally a hunter will camp out by our lower gate, and a few actually walk up our road. These a$$holes trespass and leave our gates open, cut our fences and shoot a cow now and then. Every year I find a dead deer or elk on our property that some "hunter" shot and didn't bother to pack out. From our place to the road can be 2 - 4 miles or more. Too much for most lazy hunters.

I’ll be taking my oldest son out in the morning hopefully I’ll have some pictures to post tomorrow.
I know we have deer in the area It’s just a matter of his patience (he’s only 9) but he’s really taken interest in deer hunting this year

I’ll be taking my oldest son out in the morning hopefully I’ll have some pictures to post tomorrow.
I know we have deer in the area It’s just a matter of his patience (he’s only 9) but he’s really taken interest in deer hunting this year
If he has the interest then it's the right time to take him!! Good luck! Hope to see pics!!

Then buy a sack of corn and up end a bag of sugar and a box of salt in it and keep it somewhere dry they can find it. they'll never go away!

The nearby town of 35K people just decided to thin the deer in town by 250. The normal is no more that 500.
We live out of town and evening driving can be hazardous. When we lived in the woods we had one that would come up and bump the window wanting to be fed. I kept a salt block up the hill a ways to maintain the emergency food supply..

Latest posts

Back