diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will check out some of the heavy duty ones. Always getting holes in one big toe area. I'm sure it's how my foot hits the ground.
these socks are made for steel toed boots....i bet you wont get a hole in a toe as easy as other socks.

well i didnt want to give up so i went earlier than usual and hiked to the river and back in the blowing snow. seen 3 deer and a squirrel ..was about a inch maybe a bit more on ground. i did wear pants today....lol..it was 29f snowing and wind blowing a bit. we shall see if i can toughen up for tomorrows temperature drop...probably not!

I have already done that. Check out Page 4 of this thread. There are two examples. I had also posted a PDF that provides examples of typical WFPB meals on this thread. Evidently, no one reads this stuff. So, I'll post it again.
I have lost and kept off the weight once and for all, at least I hope. I have had a differnet approach. I absolutly LOVE my salads AND Protiens. I eat both with no regrets. I did go from over 225 because I stopped stepping on a scale. Right now I am around 145 @ 5'9"

week # 3 day 2
cheated and weight myself, yes down another pound ( so total of 6 lbs gone)

I will probably cheat in the next few days since it is so cold

but today I am making Vietnamese food ( rice noodles, topped with fried egg, roast pork, veggies and cut up spring rolls, we used to get this dish in my favorite Vietnamese restaurant in Orlando and I copied it pretty well over the years)

had toast with peanut butter and nutella last evening plus a pear and a mandering orange

phone seems to work today
this is my Vietnamese food, almost looks like from the restaurant except they have some more different green stuff on it I don't have
no soup today, this made enough dishes dirty but I am stuffed

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
week # 3 Day 3

cabbage casserole today
went to the Amish store yesterday to check the roads and got some junk, just felt like it, it's very cold
got wasabi peas and plantain chips, at least better than chips and candy bars
but I didn't eat much of it

week 3 day 4

not feeling great today , might have picked up a flu bug somewhere
so today something simple
rice, sweet potatoes broccoli and some chicken
not sure what soup yet

edit: bad bad, son has been bugging me about the Blackforest cake I didn't make for Christmas, so I baked it today, and promptly had 2 pieces
oh well, nothing else in the afternoon or evening at least

Last edited:
week 3 day 5

this cold weather is making me not want to stick to my diet :(
But continuing anyway

forgot to take something out of freezer yesterday ( meat)
so today will be vegan Indian food: red lentil, carrot and potato curry with some roti and rice
I usually make mango salad with it but there were no good magoes at the store last time I went shopping
soup: probably cream of broccoli

Will not eat anymore of the cake, but son and husband have probably already demolished it

Last night I had a can of low calorie beef barley soup. I steamed, then added a few stocks of diced celery, and diced onions, and added 5 ounces of cold, pre-cooked rib eye steak. Added a shake of garlic salt. One of the best meals I've had in months. Still fluttering up and down, but see a drop coming soon.
Screenshot_20240119_073813_Fit Profile.jpg

week 3 day 6

kimchi stew and rice, no soup since this is almost like a soup
in it: ground pork, tofu, kimchi, carrot onion garlic ginger , Korean hot pepper paste and dried chilies, fish sauce, soy sauce

wondering if I have lost another pound,but will wait to check till tomorrow. I did have 2 pieces of cake this week, but out in the cold a lot and didn't eat much at all in the evening
but no swimming this week

had a great week even with cold and snow ! hope to repeat it this week...hope this ice gets gone so i can pound muddy trail...i have to be cautious on this frozen tundra we now have.

temperature jump way up late this afternoon...hit 31f...so i pounded canyon trail to the river and back....want this week to be a super great week...its warming up and going to rain...i am pounding trail everyday if possible...glad i went this afternoon...dont give up...it only happens if you do the 'things' to make it happen.

I have not lost any weight in the last month, but I ate Thanksgiving &
Christmas & have not walked much. Winter s the best time to walk, you rarely over heat & you burn more fat to keep your body warm.

Aaaaand it's gone :(.
Haven't weighed myself in over a month, but y'all talked me into it :rolleyes:...
I'm up 2 whole pounds!:woo hoo:
Still living in the same belt notch though:(.
I shoulda weighed when I had to back up one. I bet I was +4:oops:.

According to the BMI index, i need to drop to 194.5, which is what i weighed in junior high. I'm really setting my goal to 210, then seeing what happens.
With my 4 mile treadmill last night, along with noon's 4 mile walk, I said "yeah, I deserve it" and had a bowl of spaghetti tonight.
My biggest achievement to date is the fact that ive been able to reduce my pain meds from my knee replacements from every day to every other day.
I have taken 200mg of Celebrex every day for 11 years, and this will cause liver issues, so I need to get off that medicine and keep that weight off!

I went off the rails last night due to having family over. I had a small glass of wine before dinner, BBQ'ed Salmon and Yellowtail in butter and soy sauce (a great baste for fish BTW), grilled veggies, corn on the cob, and 2 pieces of chibatta bread. I also had one chocolate chip cookie.

I really feel guilty, but I shouldn't, right? No, I feel guilty as hell. I will do an extra long walk because nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels!
My Dietian/ Nutrician person says it's okay to cheat once in a while. Just don't get into a pattern about it.
My cheat is cheese balls and coffee.

week #4 day # 1

down another pound , so 7 lbs total. Tried something today, weight myself with clothes ( nightclothes ) and without , 2 lbs. I bet my full barn gear weights 20
18 more pounds to go ( but I have a feeling I might keep going to see how low I can get, I could lose another 20 without getting into the too low category)

food today unknown at this time , I really need to go shopping probably tomorrow , so I will have to find something frozen or in a can

edit: made Thai red chicken curry , rice and wonton soup

Last edited:
Haven't weighed myself in over a month, but y'all talked me into it :rolleyes:...
I'm up 2 whole pounds!:woo hoo:
Still living in the same belt notch though:(.
I shoulda weighed when I had to back up one. I bet I was +4:oops:.
you're not trying to lose , right?
My 84 year old dad now has this problem also, he told me he is just not hungry and keeps losing weight ( no health problems other than his heart)

lol even my goats get their nails trimmed more often than that!

seriously, this not funny but my socks get holes on the bottom where my scar is on my foot. It just wears a hole in them. So I have a lot of mismatched socks
Try a sock liner.

cool chics wear different type socks and never bat an eye...one green one and one purple and just stroll up in a crowd sporting them like its nothing...someone says your socks dont match...look at them say yes i am eclectic!...lol

seen this article this morning.

This is one of the best exercises you can do for your health if you’re over 50​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/per...1&cvid=f1302af42dfe497b984f3895dcd0b936&ei=24

morning started out at 5f and was 49f by 3pm....i put shorts on and hiked and explored for close to 2 hours, got back to truck and was sweating a bit. i will take it....hell with them single digits !

morning started out at 5f and was 49f by 3pm....i put shorts on and hiked and explored for close to 2 hours, got back to truck and was sweating a bit. i will take it....hell with them single digits !
it was sort of like that here today too, but only got above freezing a little bit. I took the dog up the mountain after lunch and we had a nice walk in the snow. Practically felt like a heat wave after the last week

week # 4 day # 2
went shopping yesterday so I have things to cook today
making leeks with hard boiled eggs and lamb or goat meatballs (forgot what I took out yesterday) , and potatoes
plus soup #1

so 7 lbs down 18 to go, that seems doable totally but taking a long time
if it ever warms up here again I am going to do a crash diet for a few days or week to drop a little faster in between the regular stuff

Back