diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
week 8 day 7 , 14 lbs to go

today I think I am going to make pizza and rice soup

Look at you....if my math is correct..no longer trust myself in public with that one...lol...you down 16#...that is fantastic job and in pretty short time. congratulations....keep up the good work !

Look at you....if my math is correct..no longer trust myself in public with that one...lol...you down 16#...that is fantastic job and in pretty short time. congratulations....keep up the good work !
No I wished!! I lost 11 lbs so far, 14 to go. My goal was 25 lbs. I really should have made it 26 for an even number LOL
I am averaging 1 lb a week, not that great but its pretty consistent and doesn't take all that much effort. I think if I only ate food when truly hungry ( like starting to get lightheaded like yesterday) I would be skinny in now time. But, I think I eat food because I like to cook and eat it

No I wished!! I lost 11 lbs so far, 14 to go. My goal was 25 lbs. I really should have made it 26 for an even number LOL
I am averaging 1 lb a week, not that great but its pretty consistent and doesn't take all that much effort. I think if I only ate food when truly hungry ( like starting to get lightheaded like yesterday) I would be skinny in now time. But, I think I eat food because I like to cook and eat it
a pound a week is very very good....thats burning 3500 calories more than you eat per week.

so 3500 divided by 7 =500 calories a day average.

it was stupid of me to gain all that in the first place, didn't help the situation. 2019 was a super crappy year for me, major accident, menopause and my best friend died , so I felt very sorry for myself and drank a lot of vodka and ate junk. It seemed like my life was over since I couldn't do the thing I liked doing anymore ( like skiing down a mountain at 50mph, or hike up one, or run 5 miles, or play wargames, or even enjoy you know what much)
THEN we got covid ( no not us, just in general) and that next year I stocked up on ALL sorts of food and alcohol because the world was ending ( LOL NOT!) . I think this last year was the first year I felt sort of ok again and have accepted that even without the accident I would have had to stop doing those things because I am now too old ( going on 60)
So before now I didn't really even make much effort to worry about losing weight or care what junk I ate.

@sonya123 ski 30mph instead of 50mph...run 2.5 miles instead of 5 miles....play war games anyway...go till your out of the game...the you know what part....no advice there for you !

60 aint dead...keep doing the things !

my personal goal is to regain or do at least a percentage of the things i like to do or use to do.i have found in the last year i have gained much ability back despite being broken in body. i admit to its getting more and more each day in ability and amount of joy from it.

@sonya123 ski 30mph instead of 50mph...run 2.5 miles instead of 5 miles....play war games anyway...go till your out of the game...the you know what part....no advice there for you !

60 aint dead...keep doing the things !

my personal goal is to regain or do at least a percentage of the things i like to do or use to do.i have found in the last year i have gained much ability back despite being broken in body. i admit to its getting more and more each day in ability and amount of joy from it.
No I can't ski or run at all, my foot is too damaged to do more than a very short jog , I am lucky to be walking
took a year of yoga to make that happen

how did you injure your body if you don't mind me asking? Either way hope you reach your goal

rough hard life coupled with a very bad car wreak 34 years ago...5 herniated/bulging discs.

right at 1 year mark after wreak i seen first hint of spine troubles. no mri or x-ray showed anything after wreak...then a year later the hurt appeared.

rough hard life coupled with a very bad car wreak 34 years ago...5 herniated/bulging discs.

right at 1 year mark after wreak i seen first hint of spine troubles. no mri or x-ray showed anything after wreak...then a year later the hurt appeared.
so sorry and you must have been really young when that happened
I always worry about my kids getting into a wreck and something like that happening or worse
Accidents of any kind suck

I was wearing my seatbelt and impact was so hard i broke the bucket seat back.The door flew open and if not for seatbelt i would have gone out of vehicle and been ran over by both vehicles. Its my L3,L4,L5,S1,S2.I turned black where seatbelt held me and had calcium deposit lump thingys appear over my heart/ribcage front from the belt.In time they went away as Dr.'s said they would.

I am 58 now.

Everyday is a gift.....

I made a pot roast yesterday. I first seared it real good at high heat for about 10 minutes on the BBQ, before throwing it into the crock pot with two cans of chicken broth. I diced an onion and dumped it on top. I also added a small packet of "Kinder's Pot Roast" seasoning and let it cook for 5 hours. I then threw in celery, carrots and potatoes for the last few hours. Oh boy, what a meal!

i put 5 days in last week and some of it was pretty tough...i was tired friday but mainly my feet hurt..not foot injury..just regular pounding feet take...so i rested them other than my 2 short daily walks to keep limbered up on friday and saturday...back at it again today.

see what type terrain i can get into this week.schedule is pretty full this week.

My 3.65 mile walk for some reason was grueling today. Knowing that the last day i forgo my walking routine was 12/03/23, so coming up on 3 months without a break tells me i need to slow down and enjoy life.
You see how easy it is to overthink my exercizing? I quit for one day, and i will become lazy. Nope, not me, im not a quitter!

week 9 day 3

had a bad day yesterday and had some vodka and chocolate, oh well, there are days like that

I did so well last week with my 3 day crash diet but this week I will probably gain back what I lost. We will see

Either way today I am making rice soup and some sort of pasta

view from the top this afternoon

P1000803.JPG

So, although I've continued my daily walk, my weight has stayed the same... floating between 218-220. I was venting to my son with my frustration and he said I need to shock my system. Well, i pigged out last night, having a big chunk of meat lasagna and two pieces of garlic bread. Today, I
Screenshot_20240229_085414_Fit Profile.jpg
weighed myself, and broke another record. I just don't understand this!

week 9 day 6

today rutabagas , potatoes and sausage
plus rice soup

Afraid to step on the scale tomorrow, this week did not go as planned. Ate a sandwich late last night after the lambs arrived, had some vodka and also had some candy from the grocery store when we went shopping....
plus no soup a few times and not paying attention to how much sugar I put in my coffee so we will see

This weight thing is an issue, while traveling last week I gained a pound a day. I think it was the heavy meals, the salt, and the sitting for hours on end. This week I have been trying to eat lighter and walk every day after lunch, not a big walk but a mile or so while listening to some soft AC/DC music from my MP3 player to set the pace. I have been able to lose half of what I gained, but I need to push things a little harder to reach my goals....

This weight thing is an issue, while traveling last week I gained a pound a day. I think it was the heavy meals, the salt, and the sitting for hours on end. This week I have been trying to eat lighter and walk every day after lunch, not a big walk but a mile or so while listening to some soft AC/DC music from my MP3 player to set the pace. I have been able to lose half of what I gained, but I need to push things a little harder to reach my goals....
Soft AC/DC?
I must have missed that album. 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back