diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
week 11 day 4

collard green stew with rice today ( it has peanutbutter and tomatoes in it, and hot peppers)

soup , might make French onion soup today since the meal is vegan

went shopping yesterday and once again noticed how many useless entire isles there are at walmart (or most grocery stores except Aldi) that are no use for anyone trying to eat healthy or lose weight: entire isle of soda, cardboard with sugar on top that gets sold as cereal, candy, chips, seasonal junk, frozen food ( half an isle of just pizza, entire isle of ice cream)

You really only need this: meat, veggies, fruit , dairy and baking products, the other isles could just disappear and everyone could still eat just fine

week 11 day 4

collard green stew with rice today ( it has peanutbutter and tomatoes in it, and hot peppers)

went shopping yesterday and once again noticed how many useless entire isles there are at walmart (or most grocery stores except Aldi) that are no use for anyone trying to eat healthy or lose weight: entire isle of soda, cardboard with sugar on top that gets sold as cereal, candy, chips, seasonal junk, frozen food ( half an isle of just pizza, entire isle of ice cream)

You really only need this: meat, veggies, fruit , dairy and baking products, the other isles could just disappear and everyone could still eat just fine
I agree. We use even less aisles. We don't use the meat isle and the only thing we get in the dairy aisle is plant milk.

week 11 day 4

No they can't.
They don't know how to to cook real food.
All they were raised on is convience foods, fast foods,
Thank the good Lord both of my sons know how to cook, do laundry, dishes etc.
Because their wives don't.
To be fair to my daughter in laws, one is beginning to figure things out.
Or she will at least call to ask questions on how to fix things they eat all the time.

I agree. We use even less aisles. We don't use the meat isle and the only thing we get in the dairy aisle is plant milk.
Yes I realize a lot of people don't do well with dairy but I am northern European and my ancestors used lots of dairy and had dairy cows, so I can't imagine a diet without it . I don't drink milk but I use cheese and use milk for cooking a lot and eat lots of yogurt But I do much prefer our own goat milk than the watery crap that passes for milk from the store

No they can't.
They don't know how to to cook real food.
All they were raised on is convience foods, fast foods,
Thank the good Lord both of my sons know how to cook, do laundry, dishes etc.
Because their wives don't.
To be fair to my daughter in laws, one is beginning to figure things out.
Or she will at least call to ask questions on how to fix things they eat all the time.
I keep telling our son to not every marry a typical american woman ( young, not our age) , they don't cook, they dont want to take care of kids and they mostly are liberals ( not my daughter but most)
He needs to import one from somewhere else

I have been walking and hiking and more for a year now.Lost weight but most important part is my leg/knee has gained so much mobility back in it.It has hurt and does hurt but far less than it did its unreal.I just had to grit my teeth and bear it and do it.No amount of rehab in medical facility done this.I mean after just weeks they kick you to curb or insurance have limits to amount of times.Years ago dr.'s called insurance and special requested extra rehab for me and they did but it was just a few more times. well theres no way i could have gotten this..often last year i was doing 'woods therapy' 7 days a week. i was going up 77 steps at a time to retrain and force my leg/knee to function properly.

Since first of year my leg has been doing so much better and doing step over step going up/down my bad leg is so much stronger and mobile its unreal.I still have issues and always will.First injury to leg happened at age 17,2 knee operations and bad car wreak(5 herniated discs) and more..dr.'s say why is always your right side...lol

never be 20 again or injury free but i am far cry better than i been last few years. can carry a pack again and more. hope to get to point where i can scramble over rocks and such much easier with less chance of injury.

Last edited:
I have been walking and hiking and more for a year now.Lost weight but most important part is my leg/knee has gained so much mobility back in it.It has hurt and does hurt but far less than it did its unreal.I just had to grit my teeth and bear it and do it.
I did just that after my accident, did a lot of yoga and just walked even if it felt bad. I soaked my foot in epsom salt after the day that helped too. Now I still can't move some of my toes in that foot, but it's much better

week 11 day 7

wait WHAT??? Did not lose my 1 lb this week. Why?? I even went swimming. Didn't eat any different from the previous 11 weeks and the only cheating I did was have 1 beer

plateau? Or do I need to mix it up and eat a lot for a day or 2?

today chicken and rice with asparagus, plus leftover lentil soup from yesterday

I hit a new mark this morning. I would have been happier to be in the 214's, but im just one ounce off that mark. Screenshot_20240317_140412_Fit Profile.jpg

I am beginning to gain weight.
Hopefully I won't gain to much back.
But I almost always weight more than what people think.
Nothing tastes very good.
Or has any taste.
Starting over on weight loss journey.
Would like to maintain 145 but unfortunately I weight more than that.
How did you lose your sense of taste?

week 12 day 2

well yesterday was a totally not diet day , had 2 pieces of cake and 2 lambburgers , bunch of potatoes too and no soup, plus ate after 6
I think I will need to change the time on my eating to not have it affected by the time change
so my new hours 11 to 7

today zuccini casserole and rice soup and no cheating

week 12 day 3
finally another lb down, but took an extra 3 days , so 12 lbs to go

today I am going to make Indian food, butter chicken, rice, mango salad, tomato and cucumber salad
soup
I lost 30 pounds last year and not in a good way. I had a couple of medical emergencies (not covid) that took my appetite totally away. I just couldn't eat.

Suddenly... just in the past couple of weeks... my appetite is back. I loved that I lost weight. I can't afford to lose more, but I don't want to gain that weight back either.

Luckily I love all vegetables, I"m not a heavy meat or carb eater. So hopefully it's all good.

Latest posts

Back