diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost 30 pounds last year and not in a good way. I had a couple of medical emergencies (not covid) that took my appetite totally away. I just couldn't eat.

Suddenly... just in the past couple of weeks... my appetite is back. I loved that I lost weight. I can't afford to lose more, but I don't want to gain that weight back either.

Luckily I love all vegetables, I"m not a heavy meat or carb eater. So hopefully it's all good.
glad you are ok again. Only time I had health related food issues was during both of my pregnancies. Almost anything, especially meat and any sort of fish groced me out completely. I actually passed out at the meat isle at the grocery store once. But I ate so much bread and rice I gained a whooping 65 lbs both times and got gestational diabetes ( that is one of the reasons I stopped at 2)

I love almost all vegetables also and we eat at least some type of vegetable every day , but I do eat meat too again now ( we grow goats and sheeps and do eat them)

glad you are ok again. Only time I had health related food issues was during both of my pregnancies. Almost anything, especially meat and any sort of fish groced me out completely. I actually passed out at the meat isle at the grocery store once. But I ate so much bread and rice I gained a whooping 65 lbs both times and got gestational diabetes ( that is one of the reasons I stopped at 2)

I love almost all vegetables also and we eat at least some type of vegetable every day , but I do eat meat too again now ( we grow goats and sheeps and do eat them)
I grew up in Texas so we called goat meat "cabrito" and it is delicious.

During my pregnancies toothpaste is what made me queasy. I ate and practically drank salsa to calm my morning sickness (it worked). I craved tomatoes and mayonnaise when I was pregnant with my twins. No diabetes, but both twins weighed over 8 pounds so I went from being a tad underweight to a tad overweight after they were born.

Goat is my favorite meat actually and I love goat milk and cheese. My goat cheese tastes much better than anything you can get at the store which always tastes " goaty" and smells funny. Mine doesn't. Can't wait for our milk goat to give birth and I can milk her again after a month ( I leave the babies with her at least during day so they can nurse some, and milk her in the morning )

so I am being bad...having a beer way past my calorie cutoff time and not on the diet ....:D
Nowadays at only 100 calories, I don't think it's a problem.
...Now, when you open #4, then worry :rolleyes:.

Nowadays at only 100 calories, I don't think it's a problem.
...Now, when you open #4, then worry :rolleyes:.
It's a German beer from Aldi ( Wernersgruene) , somehow I have a feeling it has more than 100 cal...its a large can
But you have to cheat occasionally :)

oh and I doubt I could drink 4 if I HAD to!! I think 2 is my limit and then I am not drunk, but full. If I want to "feel" the alcohol, I have to drink something like vodka LOL ( I am German after all LOL)

It's a German beer from Aldi ( Wernersgruene) , somehow I have a feeling it has more than 100 cal...its a large can
But you have to cheat occasionally :)

oh and I doubt I could drink 4 if I HAD to!! I think 2 is my limit and then I am not drunk, but full. If I want to "feel" the alcohol, I have to drink something like vodka LOL ( I am German after all LOL)
Aw c'mon! gaah Don't keep us in suspense...
Read the can for us!
If it's sold in the USA, it it required to have the calorie info on the label.

Aw c'mon! gaah Don't keep us in suspense...
Read the can for us!
If it's sold in the USA, it it required to have the calorie info on the label.
doesn't say, maybe it was on the wrapper, it came in a 4 pack
500 ml

and now I REALLY would like a bag of chips to go with it...but I dont have any ( what you don't buy you can't eat...)

doesn't say, maybe it was on the wrapper, it came in a 4 pack
500 ml

and now I REALLY would like a bag of chips to go with it...but I dont have any ( what you don't buy you can't eat...)
Half a liter, 500ml is one dang-big can! :oops:
Mine are only 355ml. :(
Lemme help you out:
"There are 210 calories in 1 Flasche (500 ml) of Wernesgrüner Wernesgrüner Pils"

Anyone else want to lose weight? Maybe we can encourage each other....
If not and this thread just takes up space feel free to tell me to delete it ( mods?)

So I have decided to not eat between the hours of 6PM and 10 am. The evening hours are when I eat the junk, and we take care of the animals in the morning so no breakfast. I had a piece of toast with peanut butter around 11

I am also trying something my parents and grandparents did as regular part of the meal: have a bowl of soup before the main course. This is how my mother and grandmother made it: chicken broth, a handful of noodles, a handful of oatmeal, a chopped carrot, a chopped celery or leak, some parsley, salt, pepper and 1 egg
I did this today and am really full. Main meal was chicken, potatoes and salad ( lettuce with homemade dressing)
Dessert will be 1 of the pastries I forgot yesterday.
( I spent most of the morning cleaning the barn, so used up a lot of calories most likely, so 1 piece of pastry will be fine)

I will make grits around 5.30 for evening meal. Maybe put some bacon in it. That will be it
Yep. Me, too. Fightin' weight is 79.75 kgs...and...I'm just shy of 3 over that....6 and 1/2 pounds, IOW. Best thing...cereal with lots of fruits in it with a tea in the morning...salad in the afternoon...ONE serving for dinner...and THAT's it! Six live up here in Hill House...two are excellent cooks, too. Big thing for me...no beer...and don't buy snacks. Cold ripe bananas, pears, plums for munching. Oh, yeah...there's the exerbike, too. Funny...my dog wants to know when it's gonna actually go somewhere!

week 13 day 1

nope, did not lose that 1 lb during the week, so still 12 lbs to go , not surprised, didn't stick to time limit, had beer, didn't go swimming and had some extra bagels and stuff
Or I might have hit that plateau were you stop losing. Might have to do another 3 day crash diet , but waiting until after our goat kids are here and the weather warms up

today lamb chops , potatoes and salad , plus rice soup

I noticed that if I buy a bunch of frozen dinners like Lean Cuisine...Weight Watchers...after I cook one I look at it and say, "That ain't a whole lot to eat!"...I know I'm doin' it right!
Those things don't taste good either, I started making my own. I ordered a bunch of microwavable and oven safe containers ( not both but for either) and making my own frozen pizzas too

week 13 day 2

ever since the time change I am having a problem with my timing. PLus there are more daylight hours now than in winter and we stay up later doing work, so my no eating after 6 hasn't worked in a week or so. I had a tuna sandwich at 7.30 last night because I had to take some Advil and they upset my stomach if I don't eat with them

so today Korean fried spicy chicken, rice, salad, spinach , soup

Finally broke that pesky 215!
Screenshot_20240325_083840_Fit Profile.jpg

So yesterday, I was speaking to a physical trainer who told me to multiply my weight by 13, which is pretty much your daily caloric intake to maintain this weight. You remove calories from that number and you will lose weight. You add to these calories, and you will gain weight.

I'll be back on some kind of diet soon. Need to lose a few. I'll just halve my portions and stay away from refined sugar and carbs.
Limit sweets, carbs and portion control. The perfect diet!

Funny thing is the lack of sweets really don't bother me, but I can feel my body craving carbs weekly.

Limit sweets, carbs and portion control. The perfect diet!

Funny thing is the lack of sweets really don't bother me, but I can feel my body craving carbs weekly.
I have not limited my carbs at all so far, and still lost 13 lbs ( but 12 more to go blahhh)
I even still put sugar in my tea or coffee, plus I have had sweet desserts a few times . So far all I have done was limit eating hours and cut out all junk ( chips, candy) and added soup every day just about instead of eating a second plate of food

I have an idea or theory that might help with loosing weight. I can't say if it will help though, I'm the type with a high metabolism and can eat practically anything without weight gain. (Said with a sub-note of don't hate me) It also helps that I don't have a sweet tooth: Sugar in my coffee - Yuk. Sweet sugary frostings - double Yuk. Chocolate though... YUM!

Anyway, it has to do with the consumption of biorobotics in the nature form of yogurt, cottage cheese and a fermented goat milk. I forget what it's called but I actually like it, not cheap though. You can fine the links if you want. Some people with goats make it themselves.

The theory goes that those natural enzymes in the gut (for lack of a better word) not only help with digestion but actually eat some of the food in the process. That and yogurt, which is cheap enough, can help fill the void when hunger pains hit, and without huge weight gaining effects.

I have an idea or theory that might help with loosing weight. I can't say if it will help though, I'm the type with a high metabolism and can eat practically anything without weight gain. (Said with a sub-note of don't hate me) It also helps that I don't have a sweet tooth: Sugar in my coffee - Yuk. Sweet sugary frostings - double Yuk. Chocolate though... YUM!

Anyway, it has to do with the consumption of biorobotics in the nature form of yogurt, cottage cheese and a fermented goat milk. I forget what it's called but I actually like it, not cheap though. You can fine the links if you want. Some people with goats make it themselves.

The theory goes that those natural enzymes in the gut (for lack of a better word) not only help with digestion but actually eat some of the food in the process. That and yogurt, which is cheap enough, can help fill the void when hunger pains hit, and without huge weight gaining effects.
I have goats and we have 1 milk goat and I eat yogurt all the time and make it too.
And like you, I USED to be able to eat anything without gaining weight, but that stopped after menopause blahhhh, now I had to cut out all junk food, especially chips late at night. But I think there is something true with your idea, I eat lots of yogurt and also stuff like kimchi ( fermented cabbage) which is all good for your digestive system

I have goats and we have 1 milk goat and I eat yogurt all the time and make it too.
And like you, I USED to be able to eat anything without gaining weight, but that stopped after menopause blahhhh, now I had to cut out all junk food, especially chips late at night. But I think there is something true with your idea, I eat lots of yogurt and also stuff like kimchi ( fermented cabbage) which is all good for your digestive system
I don't if men have their version of such a thing, may be debatable.... But if that's the case - I'm a little slow. I'm pushing 60, and I didn't have my mid-life crises until I was 50. I'm still trying to get over that. sigh

I don't if men have their version of such a thing, may be debatable.... But if that's the case - I'm a little slow. I'm pushing 60, and I didn't have my mid-life crises until I was 50. I'm still trying to get over that. sigh
I got my new DL last week.
I checked everything on it with mine from 6 years ago.
Everything was accurate, I'm even the same weight as the old one, to the pound, from 2018.
I'm pretty sure I skipped my midlife crisis. :rolleyes:

I got my new DL last week.
I checked everything on it with mine from 6 years ago.
Everything was accurate, I'm even the same weight as the old one, to the pound, from 2018.
I'm pretty sure I skipped my midlife crisis. :rolleyes:
wow they have your weight on your drivers license?? I have never seen that before

my midlife crisis happened late, I thought midlife is like 40 or so?
Worst time period of my life ( other than some time as teenager) 2019 , menopause, bad accident, best friend died, dog died, and then covid crap, well that was more 2020

I am 58 and thinking about having a mid life crisis as of late.Might have to find me a widow woman that hikes to fulfill that crisis though....i think it might be fun.

Latest posts

Back