Do You Suffer From "Time Blindness"?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
havent heard of this excu......umm.. new disease before now. funny and sad. funny as in people are getting nuttier making up excuses for why they are more special and the normies must bow to them. but also sad and durn stupid. somebodyas cornbread aint done in the middle.

woke lady is upset a friend doenst respect pr understand her; 'Time Blindness disability'. soirt video about 1 min

Takes me back to the 90's when the justice system seemed to come up with a new plea: Guilty with an Excuse. No matter what the crime, the perp always had an excuse for committing it.

This generation has turned excuses into an art form.

havent heard of this excu......umm.. new disease before now. funny and sad. funny as in people are getting nuttier making up excuses for why they are more special and the normies must bow to them. but also sad and durn stupid. somebodyas cornbread aint done in the middle.

woke lady is upset a friend doenst respect pr understand her; 'Time Blindness disability'. soirt video about 1 min

Well...

The Princess and I do show signs of Time-itis. I am Time-skew-dish in that I adjust time forward with the belief that " if you are always early you are never late". The Princess is Time- brinkman-ish. If she would be 5 minutes early if she starts now she will do something that takes 3 minutes first and still have 2 minutes to spare. 😊

I was brought up with the notion that being late was disrespectful to those one keeps waiting. The times have changed.

Ben

One morning I fired two guys who though showing up on time was optional. Sort of a pet peeve of mine... My boss sent me two worthless pos's, so be it. But they were going to be on the job site every minute they were supposed to be, or not at all...

I saw this video yesterday. One of the problems we have with the younger generation. I just can not relate at all. I actually show up for work at least 20 minutes early everyday. I can clock in 14 minutes before my shift. Normally I put on a podcast before I leave the house to play. Once out in the driveway, it doesn't always play. I have 2 train tracks that I have to cross and yes they do run at 3:15 am.

Well...

The Princess and I do show signs of Time-itis. I am Time-skew-dish in that I adjust time forward with the belief that " if you are always early you are never late". The Princess is Time- brinkman-ish. If she would be 5 minutes early if she starts now she will do something that takes 3 minutes first and still have 2 minutes to spare. 😊

I was brought up with the notion that being late was disrespectful to those one keeps waiting. The times have changed.

Ben
Why is your statement blurred unless I click on it? I just don't understand the blurred out comments? IF you are commenting on a thread, shouldn't you own up to it and be transparent?

Why is your statement blurred unless I click on it? I just don't understand the blurred out comments? IF you are commenting on a thread, shouldn't you own up to it and be transparent?

i wondered the same.
didnt know it was an option

Last edited:
That girl is retarded. Everything is a "disability".
I agree. All I see in the video is a little 'runt'(sp) that was never taught to be responsible.
She obviously missed several trips to the woodshed. :mad:
59596-441299e2086385154fe2cb8ef26da68f.data

Seems like we have a lot of "safe players" here.
...Earn a badge like this, and see if you don't become careful skating on 'the thin-ice'. :(
Screenshot_20230715-221429_kindlephoto-1819390720.png

Last edited:
im sick, im weak, im -cough cough-disabled, flinch, sniff wipe a tear -- ive been dis-respected, ive suffered rudeness and insults by selfish people who dont understand my personal struggles. i deserve special treatment, i deserve special considerations and respect and everyone needs to embrace me and my life. the govt needs to pya my bills and support me, i cant be expected to be responsible for the details of supporting myself or handling the common problems that people go thru and for that reaqson notbing that happens is my fault..

im special. so if anyone gets in my way or laughs at me, or refuses to respect my deep inner suffering and pay my lunch tab that is a white supremacy racist climate change denying maga loving dangerous bigot that must be arrested for hate crimes. for hurting my feelings and not agreeing with me

kamala says so.
************ satire

1689482912001.png

medical internet says time blindness is a real thing and it happens to everybody. It’s a fancy name for losing track of time. Happens to anybody when their brain becomes engaged in a task. People with clinical ADHD or Autism are more susceptible because they tend to hyper focus on a task.

I blame social media for spreading “awareness” about certain disorders. People then self-diagnose looking for some kind of excuse/validation/attention/justification for their behavior. I know somebody that fell into the “I have ADHD” trap for several months until they were self-aware enough to acknowledge they lacked other clinical behaviors. Turns out they just have some overlapping behaviors. I compare it to self-diagnosing a terminal illness because you have a headache.

According to the medical society, if there's a pill for that, then it's a disease. Even road rage. I've been knee deep in hospital/medical lingo for the past few months especially, between my mom and my husband being sick. Anxiety, anxiety, anxiety....they can't wait to drug someone with it. Ha. You should of heard all the psychobabble lingo the twins started using when they started seeing the therapist. One decided he has disassociation disorder, so he didn't have to take responsibility for his actions, and the other had the same and "became" gay.

During that memorable period of my life, in my teens, full of vigor, but empty of knowledge is an experience that I recall time and again: my mom had a friend that was in her twenties. Beautiful young woman that never escaped my youthful full attention. She was relating to me the experience of high school times.

"it seems like high school years drag on and on, nearly an eternity. When you get out everything speeds up. Time flies by without notice. And you reflect on all the years passed and wonder 'have I really been living'?"

I don't know if it was her sage-like way of putting it or if she was a witch casting a spell on me. But time to time I stop and reflect on how fast the years have passed - since getting out of the institution of high school?

Remember the good old days when all these alphabet soup mental disorders just came under the heading of "STUPID" and you could cure it with an ass-whipping or a month of no TV? Now we pump them full of drugs that have worse side effects than what they treat! and we gobble it all up and the next generation is even dumber!

I've listened to more than a few podcasts now with psychology-related guests. They all sing a similar song (careful not to bluntly say it tho). Pop-medicine is riding the gravy train. A lifetime of therapy and drugs are a cash cow. The guests aren't making blanket statements about all docs. Instead they are suggesting the patients are driven by bad influences (social media being the big one) to shop around until they find a doc that agrees with their predetermined self diagnosis, or something similar. A person's condition won't/can't improve if they don't have the motivation to be an active participant in their own life.

Pop-medicine
I still like Grandad's medicine. If something hurts, you take a goody powder, if something hurts really bad, wash it down with a snort of moonshine. if your belly hurts, take a dose of castor oil, if you're feeling mopey, get a spoonful of white sulfur and black molasses. if you're sick, chicken soup with onion and red pepper, mint tea, and liquor for a chest cold, a snort of moonshine and cold water chaser for depression, and a bong hit for everything else. life was simple!

I used to make a point if being early and on "time" for work, meetings, fun things..whatever it was i was mindful of being "on time"
Like another already mentioned here, it does seem like time "flies" or speeds up. The older I've become, the more I realize how precious my time , doing whatever I'm doing is. Consequently because of this, the less concerned I am anymore about "being early" in order to be "on time".
In regards to work..instead of being early..I usually am, "just in time" often anymore. I dont intend this as disrespect but my energy level and time I have to enjoy each day is more limited and I intend to squeeze ever second I can enjoying my life because as soon as i switch my gears to work mode..I get it done, but it's not as enjoyable as it used to be and I'll never get that time back.

My point was to be there an hour early, have my coffee/lunch and ask the day boss if he needed any help until my shift got there. normally free money! I also had the habit of "just showing up" on Fridays about dinner time. and the fools wondered why I was made supervisor after only six months... LOL

I used to make a point if being early and on "time" for work, meetings, fun things..whatever it was i was mindful of being "on time"
Like another already mentioned here, it does seem like time "flies" or speeds up. The older I've become, the more I realize how precious my time , doing whatever I'm doing is. Consequently because of this, the less concerned I am anymore about "being early" in order to be "on time".
In regards to work..instead of being early..I usually am, "just in time" often anymore. I dont intend this as disrespect but my energy level and time I have to enjoy each day is more limited and I intend to squeeze ever second I can enjoying my life because as soon as i switch my gears to work mode..I get it done, but it's not as enjoyable as it used to be and I'll never get that time back.
Time flying is a real thing IMO. As mentioned earlier as a teen in HS it seemed to take forever to turn 16 and get my liceence, then for HS to be over. But no sooner than I got out the speed picked up. Now I'm in my 60's and wondering where the last 40 years went.
And a good point about time being limited. A good reason I'm wanting to retire ASAP. My time left on earth is limited and I don't want to spend any more of it at work than I have to. Sure I'll always have work to do, but it'll be for stuff I want or need to do. And I can schedule it to fall in with what else we have going on.

Time flying is a real thing IMO. As mentioned earlier as a teen in HS it seemed to take forever to turn 16 and get my liceence, then for HS to be over. But no sooner than I got out the speed picked up. Now I'm in my 60's and wondering where the last 40 years went.
And a good point about time being limited. A good reason I'm wanting to retire ASAP. My time left on earth is limited and I don't want to spend any more of it at work than I have to. Sure I'll always have work to do, but it'll be for stuff I want or need to do. And I can schedule it to fall in with what else we have going on.
Exactly...I'm really looking forward to the day when I dont need to know what time it is , or day.

Remember the good old days when all these alphabet soup mental disorders just came under the heading of "STUPID" and you could cure it with an ass-whipping or a month of no TV? Now we pump them full of drugs that have worse side effects than what they treat! and we gobble it all up and the next generation is even dumber!
Yes, the teachers completely cured my ADD when I was young.:)
If I got caught 'not paying attention' in class, they would drag me up and paddle me in front of the whole class :oops:.
That worked.:thumbs:

As a libertarian, I'm cool if you're time-blind.

But if you're not where I need you to be when I need you to be there, you're fired. No hard feelings. You be you. Let me be me.

i listened to a podcast aobut young healthy people now claiming to be physically disabled, using wheelchairs because they identify as disabled. and they are allowed to get away with it.
celebrating and protecting mental illnessbreeds more mental illness.

these are dangerous times in many ways. gonna get worse before it gets better.

I'm not buying that this is a disorder ..I just barely...barely.. give a f*@#! anymore..I give enough f's to show up..just in time...n still give my employer my work horse mode. That's just apart of my program at this point..but no more b4 or after if I can help it.
I have to protect what energy n time I have left.
Many, not all but many.. of these young folks grew up coddled n overmedicated in my opinion. Now that owning a home n new car is practically impossible without help for them there isnt much motivation for them to get it done. Their fragile minds make up excuses n disorders for everything it seems.
Older generations didnt have all the medication , environmental poison and wimpy culture to screw us up.
I'm grateful I grew up practically feral, unsupervised and broken half the time..helped me survive the long run and helped me avoid the Darwin awards along the way..

Latest posts

Back