Do You Suffer From "Time Blindness"?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got so many ass wuppins in school they ceased to have any effect. My 3rd grade teacher snatched me out of my desk by the hair and dragged me to the principals office. I told him my mom pulled hair way better than him. Poor guy almost had an aneurysm.

Ahh, you have seen my "progress reports"

I saw this video yesterday. One of the problems we have with the younger generation. I just can not relate at all. I actually show up for work at least 20 minutes early everyday. I can clock in 14 minutes before my shift. Normally I put on a podcast before I leave the house to play. Once out in the driveway, it doesn't always play. I have 2 train tracks that I have to cross and yes they do run at 3:15 am.
Heck, I'm of this generation and I don't get it.

My sister has never been on time in her life, we get that now (used to think it was the babies making her late) now I just tell her to arrive at ten for something that's on at half-eleven.
She owns it though- and apologises.
Like someone else said, being late without a great reason is just rude. To the organiser, and to everyone else who had the decency to arrive on time. I don't paint all young people with the same brush though - I know plenty who would be mortified at being late. What I had to laugh at in the video clip was her whinging that someone actually corrected her; criticising someone, or telling it the way it is, is not allowed these days it seems.

People choose what's important to them, my wife always got the kids up early to go the church, if we got their late it was totally embarrassing to her. We taught the kids to plan ahead to be ready to go on time... I was always taught to be to work on time, usually at least 15 minutes early so that I could get an update from the shift before mine to provide for a smooth transition.

Today's society has lost the importance of planning ahead and providing smooth transitions. As a society we have digressed to a state of self importance where we shift the responsibility and out-right lie if asked to account for our actions. We have truly adopted the motto of "DO UNTO OTHERS FIRST, THEN SPLIT!"

At work I have gotten into the habit of using e-mails over phone calls because it leaves a record of the exchange. There are too many people out there who twist words or talk in circles to gain what they want at my expense....

My sister has never been on time in her life, we get that now (used to think it was the babies making her late) now I just tell her to arrive at ten for something that's on at half-eleven.
She owns it though- and apologises.
Like someone else said, being late without a great reason is just rude.
I agree that it is very rude.
I deal with it by telling someone like that to meet at 9:00 if I know it's 10:00 because I know they are going to be an hour late.
A couple I know that are always late came to a supper gathering 90 minutes late when we were all leaving the restaurant. They wanted us to stay to accommodate them. Everyone said 'nope'. It was a way of for us to say 'screw you' to them because that's what they said to us.

Latest posts

Back