Eastern US Blizzards

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabin Fever

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The east and northeast US seem to be getting all the snow so far this year. Our lakes are covered with perfectly smooth, glass. So clear that you can see the lake bottoms and fish below while walking on the ice. But yet, no snow for us as shown in the photo I snapped moments ago.
1701450132280.jpeg

The east and northeast US seem to be getting all the snow so far this year. Our lakes are covered with perfectly smooth, glass. So clear that you can see the lake bottoms and fish below while walking on the ice. But yet, no snow for us as shown in the photo I snapped moments ago.
View attachment 120589
Y'all are lucky to even be able to see the ground through all those turkey, lol!!

I wish it would snow in feet not inches. I need the work
Almost all of our yearly precipitation comes in the form of snow. It's rare that we get rain in the summer. And rare that we get rain in winter too, except for during our usual January thaw.
Most of our winter storms dump 1 - 3 feet of snow. I've got almost 3 miles of road and feeding areas to keep clear. During a big storm with lots of drifting, it could take days for me to get the road open. Being snowed in for weeks is common here.

Actually.... I do know what a Portuguese style dory is.. It is a very good small boat for choppy waters.. As using a small outboard it requires a long shaft motor to work best.. Also easy to hand row.. At least the one I was around.. Very good, easy to move around fishing pan fish...

High dark overcast all day today.. So the ...skiff... of snow we have melted very slow.. Roads, streets, sidewalks are clear and dry.. Forecast is for sun and nicer through the weekend..

No snow here, but Germany and Scotland got a dumpload, closing Munich airport and stranding people. Luckily in Vienna, where I was, we got enough to make it Chrtismassy, but we could still get around. Heavy wind & rain here today, and it's quite cold.

Latest posts

Back