Facebook down?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say this even though I would miss a few things like this forum, but it could all go back to pre-computer and land lines only and I'd be just fine.
I can't go back to a land-line, don't have one. :(. I don't even have a modem for a land line anymore.

I say this even though I would miss a few things like this forum, but it could all go back to pre-computer and land lines only and I'd be just fine.
I had DSL on a second landline and was all over the internet for years and years with it. 🤪 It could still work but the phone-companies have been shifting the wires over to digital.:(

I can't go back to a land-line, don't have one. :(. I don't even have a modem for a land line anymore.
That is exactly what I'm using right now to type this.
Our land line phone company provides the modem. Speed is slower than those in town with the same service, but we're ok.
We don't have satellite TV and cable never made it this far out. We tried Exceed satellite internet but it was just too expensive.

We don't stream TV or any of that jive. We don't even watch TV.
We also have a dial up phone to plug in, for when a big hurricane takes down the cell towers. We haven't had to use it yet, after Irma blew thru my wife was able to "get out" with her HAM radio.

I hate to spoil the party, but it was back up at 10:30am:rolleyes:.
Like AT&T's outage, just a nerd tripping over a wire.
Maybe, maybe not.
Maybe that nerd is in China or Russia, or the Pentagon.:p
1709695153323.png

That is exactly what I'm using right now to type this.
Our land line phone company provides the modem. Speed is slower than those in town with the same service, but we're ok.
We don't have satellite TV and cable never made it this far out. We tried Exceed satellite internet but it was just too expensive.

We don't stream TV or any of that jive. We don't even watch TV.
We also have a dial up phone to plug in, for when a big hurricane takes down the cell towers. We haven't had to use it yet, after Irma blew thru my wife was able to "get out" with her HAM

Both our houses have 300 MB download from Spectrum, The country house has a fiber optic connection, here is old school copper, at least to the house. There will be a triband UHF rig in my office, and a 2 mtr440/HF rig in the he shed up at the new house.

It's frankly amazing, Clarksville has a pop of 540 something, 1 signal light, and is 11 miles from anything.

Last edited:
As you have no doubt heard me say before, we live on a dead end dirt road six miles outside a one stop light town of less than 2,000.

Latest posts

Back