Fall back!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem I have is changing the clock in my car... Sometimes I can get it first try.. Most times it takes 2-8 tries to get it right..

But all the world's experts have gathered, and none of them have been able to figure out how to change the Honda's clock.

Only reason i keep the operators manual in the glove compartment of my truck... so I can change the radio time. Last year i got an after market radio so I keep it's book in the glove compartment but... this new radio changes it's own clock. Just tune to my favorite fm station. Takes a few minutes but it does change.

Last fall i was listening to a station in EST but didn't know. It changed my clock, had me confused for an hour. Finally realized i was a few miles from the CST/EST line, AL/GA state line.

Sort of funny, used to fly home to Birmingham but had to connect in Atlanta to a small commuter flight. I would arrive in Birmingham 10min before I left Atlanta. 🤪

Last edited:
I always thought it would be easier to disconnect the battery terminal on my truck and reconnect it right at noon than to try to figure out how to change the clock. Mostly, I ignore the clock in my vehicles.

Only reason i keep the operators manual in the glove compartment of my truck... so I can change the radio time. Last year i got an after market radio so I keep it's book in the glove compartment but... this new radio changes it's own clock. Just tune to my favorite fm station. Takes a few minutes but it does change.

Last fall i was listening to a station in EST. It changed my clock, had me confused for an hour. Finally realized i was a few miles from the CST/EST line, AL/GA state line.

Sort of funny, used to fly home to Birmingham but had to connect in Atlanta to a small commuter flight. I would arrive in Birmingham 10min before I left Atlanta. 🤪
When my folks had the ranch, half the house was in pacific and half in mountain- they never changed the clocks. It was over an hour to town either way so they were always right in one direction.

I always thought it would be easier to disconnect the battery terminal on my truck and reconnect it right at noon than to try to figure out how to change the clock. Mostly, I ignore the clock in my vehicles.
Mine is now correct again 😂. I’ve never changed it 🤪

Got to thinking about time zones, found this old article about a town that sits on the Indiana and Ohio state line. Sort of funny...

----------------------------------------------

Town In Two Time Zones

Here's a brainteaser for you.

How is it possible for a basketball to be tossed into the air, and not come down until an hour later, with no tricks involved?

In tiny College Corner, Union Elementary School Principal Dan Shepherd has the answer. He straddles the imaginary state line that runs smack dab down the middle of the school's quaint, 80-year-old gymnasium and shares a bit of local lore with a couple of out-of-towners.

"Back in the old days," he said, "before the whole school embraced Eastern Standard Time, it was possible to launch a long shot from the Indiana side of the basketball court at 3 p.m. and the ball wouldn't find the net on the Ohio side until an hour later."...

...Scott Cline, a bartender at Deano's College Corner Tavern - one of two Indiana watering holes that sit side-by-side a scant 20 yards from the Ohio-Indiana line - is satisfied with Eastern Standard Time. "We like it," he said, "because it allows us to stay open an hour longer every day...

...Gary Gayhart, weekend disc jockey at Deano's, recalled the first time his oldest son played a junior high school basketball game for the Union Trojans.

"It was about 15 years ago," he said. "Gary scored some of his points in Ohio and the rest in Indiana. It was crazy."

Even if time-change legislation is eventually approved, College Corner will retain enough oddities to make it unique...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/town-in-two-time-zones/

Adding insult to the injury? My weather station shows the time in biggest numbers on the display. And you must change it manually, which is a multiple step PITA.

After changing it Saturday night, it switched back on its own?. I thought maybe I was dreaming about changing it or missed a step, so changed it again. To my chagrin, it was an hour advanced again this morning! Thinking about covering it with electric tape like my check engine light?

I think we are all in agreement here. The worst part of DST is having to change your electronic clocks. You only do it twice a year, and nobody can remember how to do it. I sure can't. gaah

I think we are all in agreement here. The worst part of DST is having to change your electronic clocks. You only do it twice a year, and nobody can remember how to do it. I sure can't. gaah
I have about a dozen older folks who have clocks they cannot change, I do them!!

I have never had a problem changing the clocks.
Even on systems that ran on Unix.
Our mantel clock is a pain when we spring back because I have to move the hands in 15 minute incriments and let it chime at every stop. Thats 44 separate times.
The guy that used to do clock repairs told me to never stop it by hand and do not move the hands backwards.
He died a few years ago so if I break it now it would just stay broken.
Clock repairmen are few and far between.

I have never had a problem changing the clocks.
Even on systems that ran on Unix.
Our mantel clock is a pain when we spring back because I have to move the hands in 15 minute incriments and let it chime at every stop. Thats 44 separate times.
The guy that used to do clock repairs told me to never stop it by hand and do not move the hands backwards.
He died a few years ago so if I break it now it would just stay broken.
Clock repairmen are few and far between.
As I was reading through all the clock comments, I was thinking of my uncle, who repaired clocks and watches. He died about two years ago, in his 90's.

When my folks had the ranch, half the house was in pacific and half in mountain- they never changed the clocks. It was over an hour to town either way so they were always right in one direction.
That’s so weird!
I hate this change
I do, too.
Worst part for me is very little daylight left when I get home from work. Only clocks I need to fool with are the vehicles and I just leave them as they are
I agree. I’m retired now so it really doesn’t bother me. I usually worked midnight shift so I was home, albeit sleeping, during daylight but I usually saw the sunrise as I was driving home. But the poor day shifters came into work in the dark and usually left for home in the dark. I always felt sorry for them.

I hate this change
I have been busy trying to reset my 'biological-clock' and finally found out how to change it :thumbs:.
When the numbers on the clock are too small (ie: should say 4pm, but only says 3pm)...
Take a nap!!!:woo hoo:
When you get up, the clocks will be right.:D

I have been busy trying to reset my 'biological-clock' and finally found out how to change it :thumbs:.
When the numbers on the clock are too small (ie: should say 4pm, but only says 3pm)...
Take a nap!!!:woo hoo:
When you get up, the clocks will be right.:D
Your biological clock stopped, 😉🤔 didn't it?? 🤫

Your biological clock stopped, 😉🤔 didn't it?? 🤫
Hey, that got me to thinking...
Do you think this time gets added on to the end, like when you press 'pause' in a movie and then press 'play' an hour later?
The movie lasts an hour longer :oops:.

1699420625232.png

It's amazing, they have to do this twice a year!

Latest posts

Back