Fall back!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I however "LOVE" winter. I just cocoon, it feels safer, less busy, no worries, or massively reduced concerns. physical labor is reduced by 94%. At any time day or night, I can just go to bed. In bed I feel safe in my cocoon.

I love fall and winter. Just wish they'd leave the time as it is. Time i get home from work I have maybe an hour before dark

I agree. I wish they would leave the time alone. I see no need for Daylight Savings Time anymore.

Did I ever mention how much I like summer?😁😁😁 Just one step closer to seasonal affectionate disorder!! It's sad!πŸ˜ƒ Haha, S A D! I've had it since the middle of September! I don't like it getting dark so early! Whine whine whine!!
I am looking forward to, and dreading, the coming time change.>:):mad:
1. Two of my clocks are 2 minutes off and I have been waiting patiently for the chance to correct them.:)
2. You would not believe how many clocks I have to change.:mad:gaah

Did I ever mention how much I like summer?😁😁😁 Just one step closer to seasonal affectionate disorder!! It's sad!πŸ˜ƒ Haha, S A D! I've had it since the middle of September! I don't like it getting dark so early! Whine whine whine!!
I know I've mentioned it elsewhere around here somewhere, but did you know the "natural light" light bulbs help with SAD? It's often very apparent with children as well. We called them "Happy Lights".

I remember old articles about how Russian schools have the kids strip down to their shorts and stand around special lights everyday for a specific amount of time. This improves both physical and mental health. This fights SAD and improves vitamin D levels at a minimum.

1667517768004.png

I know I've mentioned it elsewhere around here somewhere, but did you know the "natural light" light bulbs help with SAD? It's often very apparent with children as well. We called them "Happy Lights".
I don't want to yank this thread off topic, but there is a lot to be said about light and it's effect on us.
I've watched it. :oops:
When we went to Australia, the 16-hour flight to there took off in the morning.
They handed everyone blankets and pillows as they boarded.:dunno:
The first few hours, the cabin lights were bright-blue-white.
After a few hours, the lights gradually, (unnoticeably), transitioned to a pinkish-orange.
Within an hour, every passenger (except a few) was sound asleep!o_O
(This would have been about 2PM local time.)
Back on topic: in my book, a clock's only job is to tell you the correct time. If it tells you something different, it has failed.:mad:
Edit: And that flight was fantastic because when we landed and everybody woke up, it was magically the same time in the morning as we took off, like the flight never even happened :thumbs::
The center of Australia is 14:45 hours ahead of the center of the United States.

Last edited:
I don't want to yank this thread off topic, but there is a lot to be said about light and it's effect on us.
I've watched it. :oops:
When we went to Australia, the 16-hour flight to there took off in the morning.
They handed everyone blankets and pillows as they boarded.:dunno:
The first few hours, the cabin lights were bright-blue-white.
After a few hours, the lights gradually, (unnoticeably), transitioned to a pinkish-orange.
Within an hour, every passenger (except a few) was sound asleep!o_O
(This would have been about 2PM local time.)
Back on topic: in my book, a clock's only job is to tell you the correct time. If it tells you something different, it has failed.:mad:
The Princess reached to change the clock in my Jeep and I told to leave it. She asked doesn't it bug you?

I said no, I know how to add and subtract 1.

Ben

Last edited:
Years ago, my buddy Dan showed up two hours early. Like 4 am. We all looked at him. He said "the time changed guys. You know?" Then he realized his wife sprang ahead instead of fall back! We got a good laugh as he didn't know what to do with himself for two hours

I remember old articles about how Russian schools have the kids strip down to their shorts and stand around special lights everyday for a specific amount of time. This improves both physical and mental health. This fights SAD and improves vitamin D levels at a minimum.
I suck up all the sun I can all summer (spring and fall, and some of winter) and hope it holds me over until the beginning of March!!

I too wish they'd leave the time along. In the spring when you go forward, people driving to work are up an hour earlier so they are still tired and there are more accidents. That is my personal observation because I drove a lot for work but the news medias never report it.

The clock on my bedside table is very smart - it automatically sets the time back an hour for standard time and ahead an hour for daylight savings. The trouble is, it set the time back an hour on Wednesday. So yesterday and today, I'd glance at the clock and be certain I had plenty of time to get ready when I was already late. :mad:

I'll be getting a new clock this weekend.

For the record, put me down as someone who would like the concept of daylight savings time to disappear.

I slip into (usually moderate) depression around Thanksgiving every year, lasting until Spring is "in the air" (even if it ain't on the ground yet). But I'm pretty sure it's the holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas, that bring it on. I start missing all the family and friends that ain't around anymore to share the holidays with.

Well damn! All I had to do is mention it, and there it is, starting early.

The clock on my bedside table is very smart - it automatically sets the time back an hour for standard time and ahead an hour for daylight savings. The trouble is, it set the time back an hour on Wednesday. So yesterday and today, I'd glance at the clock and be certain I had plenty of time to get ready when I was already late. :mad:

I'll be getting a new clock this weekend.
May I suggest this Atomic Clock?
(You can read it without your glasses πŸ˜ƒ:thumbs:)

Well, it worked, I now have the sun in my eyes one hour earlier, lol.

The window over my desk faces east.

Nice it's light out at 6:30am! Bear got me up at 4am, he didn't change his clock, thought it was 5!! Dread it being dark early!! Oh well, this is my official end of summer!!

LOL, my internal clock didn't adjust. I woke up, looked at the clock and it reads 5:30. OK, put the coffee on and laid back down while it brewed, told the wife our youngest will be here in a few minutes to drop off the kids. So she gets up, goes to the kitchen, then comes back grumbling.............."it's only 4:30"...........................LOLOL........................whoops. 🀣 πŸ˜‚

Latest posts

Back