Favorite Christian Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey @LadyLocust Here's Billy Strings and his dad, Terry Barber on the 'me and dad' cd.

This is an old gospel tune that's fun to play... in Bb. 😁

View attachment 106984
Love it. One of the things I appreciate w/ music is when it sounds like they would sound just the same sitting on the porch singing as they would in a studio. Here's one I like from a front porch 😊

@LadyLocust Here's short clip of the Pettway sisters. The last night of classes there was an instructor concert. The Pettway sisters did a couple gospel songs A capella.

View attachment 107834
That is an intriguing sound (wiregrass I think you called it?). Makes me want to hear more as the harmony seems so off kilter yet in a perfect sorta way - I'm sure that makes complete sense 😂

That is an intriguing sound (wiregrass I think you called it?). Makes me want to hear more as the harmony seems so off kilter yet in a perfect sorta way - I'm sure that makes complete sense 😂

Yep, I know what you mean. Funny, was talking to a cousin this afternoon and he brought up the same point. He's only heard wire grass singing once. It was a pastor who sang his sermon wire grass style. I'd have enjoyed hearing that!

Twice a year they hold a bull auction in the wire grass part of Alabama. That's were I heard it previously (2). The stockyard wranglers were singing while they worked.

Of course, hearing it live is a lot different than the recordings. Here's another... I was in line for breakfast one morning behind Mrs. Mary as she sang away. Her sister was singing the other harmony from the table, she'd already sat down. You can barely hear her at the end of the clip.

This is Kenny and Amanda Smith, and their band. It's an old gospel song "Where the Roses never Fade".

Before the bluegrass camp I'd only heard a couple of their songs the bluegrass junction show. I liked them but didn't know who was play which instrument.

They blew me away!!! Kenny Smith as a guitar picker... he's the best I've heard since seeing Tony Rice in Tuscaloosa in '05. He's got blazing speed but rarely shows it. The simple beauty of what he does leaves me wanting to hear more.

Their harmony is amazing, the kind of harmony you expect after singing together 20yrs.

I heard them do Where roses never Fade 3 times. Here is a short clip, couldn't get my phone unlocked and missed most of it. And below is a ytub vid of them singing it.

This is a good example of the picking and singing I heard at the camp. 4 days of nonstop music. I went to sleep listening to it on the night air. It was an amazing experience!

Where the Roses Never Fade

I have recently ran acrossed this group. They are a Christian band, but they also make a lot of political songs that I LOVE. This is one of them. Edit to say I do really LOVE his truck too.

Should probably go in the political thread, but hubby just asked what was that. He chuckled and said Bruce probably isn’t too thrilled with that- at which time I cracked up laughing 😂

Just happened on this one tonight. The young folks sound really good.

This song was played at both my grandparents funerals. Still brings a tear to my eyes everytime I hear it

They are very good and did enjoy, but I do have to ask, are they really Amish? I thought that the Amish community doesn't like their pictures taken so I would assume videos would be a diffinate NO! IDK, they are young so do they think differently?

I have always LOVED the bagpipes. Such a beautiful sound! Unfortunately this song always reminds me of funerals, but also loved ones that I have lost. . . Maybe that is one of the reasons I hold their sound so close and dear to my hear. It's been played many a times at funerals for loved ones and dear to the heart

I know from what I read, Tom MacDonald is spreading a good message. I tried to listen to the video you posted. I just can't make it thru the whole thing. Sorry.

Whew Bud! That is from one side to the other!!

What do we call this? The "Almost" Million Dollar Quartet? Roy Orbison did sign with Sun Records just about the time that Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins were leaving. You can find almost a million covers of this song, but this one is my favorite.

I found a song that i love to play, it's just plain fun!!! I can play several different styles of rhythm to it easily. It's just fun!!!

Anyway, it's by Ron Block of Allison Krauss and Union Station. He's the musical mastermind of the group. He also writes a lot of songs. This one on a gospel cd he released in '07, Door Way. It's great music for listening while i drive.

The song is 'Along the Way'. In the key of 'A' if you want to play along...

I still have this on my Ipod and like it even if i am no longer a Christian

what's funny is that when I was a Christian I resented ALL modern music at church and really only liked to sing some very old Lutheran stuff from a very old hymnal....there were always discussions on if they should modernize the service or not.

Latest posts

Back