FEAR Pack

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Has anybody ever heard of this? Do you have one? Seems like a new acronym for a Get Home Bag to me, and I already keep one in my car.

I did not watch the video, but it sounds like a classic I.N.C.H (Inch Pack).

I don't think so. INCH is I'm Never Coming Home, and is much more complete. The way he describes it and as I think I understand it, this is a get-out-of-harm's-way, run and hide and find a safer spot until I can get home kind of kit.

I just watched that earlier today. To me its just a quick grab and go you have with you all the time. A little more than EDC , but not a GHB either. Not a bad set up for what it is. Compact, but not real suffices either

Agreed..its like a mini get home bag.

contents not suitable for me and my ability and needs.

I have a get home bag in every car. His "easily accessible pistol" and my idea of easy are different.
You can tell he lives in a 'blue' state because he pulls out and shows off everything.....except the pistol :mad:.

He also has a POS pouch type poncho. USELESS. A compass is a must have. To me something like a emergency blanket type Bivy sack is a must have in cold weather. Also he had no method of starting a fire. At least have a bic or zippy at a minimum.

He also has a POS pouch type poncho. USELESS. A compass is a must have. To me something like a emergency blanket type Bivy sack is a must have in cold weather. Also he had no method of starting a fire. At least have a bic or zippy at a minimum.
agreed..i would rather have a few real 'tools' than a bunch of crap..he did have a bic lighter thingy though.

i want a hatchet..i grew up with a belt hatchet so its just a thing with me...p/o me when i see folks trying to use a knife as a froe....lol...dumb people..i been around a bunch of old timers and former military guys..non ever batoned a knife...EVER...wasnt till youtube junk i ever seen or heard of knocking the hell out of ya knife...my granddaddy woulda beat my ass doing that to a knife.......i was pretty well traveled as a young man across north american too.

i better stop i am about to get started on a rant....lol

agreed..i would rather have a few real 'tools' than a bunch of crap..he did have a bic lighter thingy though.

i want a hatchet..i grew up with a belt hatchet so its just a thing with me...p/o me when i see folks trying to use a knife as a froe....lol...dumb people..i been around a bunch of old timers and former military guys..non ever batoned a knife...EVER...wasnt till youtube junk i ever seen or heard of knocking the hell out of ya knife...my granddaddy woulda beat my ass doing that to a knife.......i was pretty well traveled as a young man across north american too.

i better stop i am about to get started on a rant....lol
Hatchet is a very useful tool. So is a good fixed blade.
And yep I was taught very young not to abuse our tools. They are too hard to come by....or replace

We call them bug-out bags. Have a kit in every vehicle, including the kids vehicles. Includes food, water, fire makers, medical supplies (not the useless first aid kit), knife, hatchet, entrenching tool(folding shovel), tarp, blanket, flashlight, road atlas, compass, 550 cord, roll of gorilla tape. Just enough to get out of town or make it a couple days if you get stranded. The truck has more stuff because it’s used for our long trips and for going to the woods.

I have always kept a relatively standard GHB at work, it has most of the things the guy in the video showed. I also keep extra hiking shoes and outer layer next to it, the idea was to have enough supplies to cover the 30 mile hike home using back roads & rail lines to traverse the distance in the shadows. Paper map, compass, water, and a knowledge of the route(s) are essential for the plan to work. I do have a lock-blade knife in the kit, but it is not the highest quality. I keep some canned foods on hand along with a P38 opener (~1970 vintage). I generally keep enough food and snacks to cover 5 lunches at work, I keep about 6 20oz bottles of water and there are pockets on the outside of my GHB (backpack) to carry 2 of them. I try to eat one of the lunches each week and I replace the snacks when half depleted so the food is always fresh for any unplanned exodus.

...Do you have one?...

Yes.

EDC.jpg
🤓

Only 'change' since this shot (taken back in Zommiefornia..) is, Now the Lower Right ankle-cargo holsters one of These lil puppies:

screenshot_20221201-204313-png.484532

..which is Plenty of LEAVE ME ALONE.. ;) but it's actually just 'backup' for what's in the Hip Pocket, EDC'd:

c492c09046cb42f1f3e9bee613428581.jpg

..Which fits nice, snug, and Quietly.:cool: Used to EDC a 'quick-draw' IWB (the 'Urban Carry') but it was too glitchy with this belt, etc, so.. Pocket-carry has been Fine. 👍 Also, in the Right Rear Leg-cargo, there's now a lil O-Light Headlamp / band, and all the stuff that Was in the Right ankle-cargo is now in the Left 'AC'.. Spare flip-phone in one of the Thigh-Cargo inner-zippered pouches, and a larger-capacity 'e-Charger' for the phone / lights, etc.

My "Pants" weigh 11 lbs withOut me in them. 🤣 So, yah, I think this 'qualifies as a FEAR pack'.. 🤓

Not sure quite what to do when I'm about in the Birthday Suit, tho.. 🤔🤭

jd

I felt that the bag and its contents have a bit of an identity crisis...

My thoughts on on a get home bag or a walk home bag means it's gonna have water conveyance/purification, speed stick, moleskin, pain killers, caffeine pills maybe a decent little silnylon poncho and maybe a multitool/Bic lighter maybe a powebar or two but minimal as possible- assuming your edc includes decent footwear and a gun that is... the idea is to dope you up to cover miles FAST without stopping- speed being the primary goal.

Putting in aswell fact that I reject "fear" of any kind- this bag seems to be a bag of half measures built on the "this might be useful maybe" ideal instead of the "this is exactly what I plan to use this for" ideal.

I don't feel that there is a clear cut plan that can be reverse engineered from the contents of this kit and that's always a red flag for me.

I felt that the bag and its contents have a bit of an identity crisis...

My thoughts on on a get home bag or a walk home bag means it's gonna have water conveyance/purification, speed stick, moleskin, pain killers, caffeine pills maybe a decent little silnylon poncho and maybe a multitool/Bic lighter maybe a powebar or two but minimal as possible- assuming your edc includes decent footwear and a gun that is... the idea is to dope you up to cover miles FAST without stopping- speed being the primary goal.

Putting in aswell fact that I reject "fear" of any kind- this bag seems to be a bag of half measures built on the "this might be useful maybe" ideal instead of the "this is exactly what I plan to use this for" ideal.

I don't feel that there is a clear cut plan that can be reverse engineered from the contents of this kit and that's always a red flag for me.

My GHB is about as light as I want to go. Maybe 10 or so lbs. But it is set up for what is my typical daily routine. I work about 35 miles from home and will have one city to go thru and 2 rivers to cross if the bridges are out. I'm figuring 2 to 3 days to make it. This will depend a lot on conditions in between and river crossings. A super light bag while easier to manage just won't hold the things I feel I may need

The GHB is a very personal item that is very dependent on your situation. This might include medical requirements, distance needed to cover, the "environment" to be crossed, the weather, and other complications. An example of a complication would be if you have to go through a TSA check point. No pistola for you sir....

When I travel my normal kit contains a water purification setup and the rest is built around a no-checked bags lifestyle... But usually on arrival, I make a stop at someplace local (?Wmart?) to buy myself a few days of buffer supplies that can allow me some "thinking time" if SHTF.

If I am leaving the country the scenario usually changes drastically, so my kit must change with it.

Latest posts

Back