Females! I don’t understand.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before we got married my wife had a zoo. 12 cats, 2 dogs, and a ferret. When I went from Seattle to Montgomery to pick her up and bring her back to Seattle She was allowed 2 cats. Her kids took the zoo. Once at home we had my 2 dogs and her 2 cats. My dogs were used to eating the stray animals that got in my fenced (electric) yard. Usually it was raccoons or opossums but there was a few cats too. I introduced the dogs to the cats and the teaching began. Eventually we all got along. The cats and dogs had happy long lives but the years took them all away.
We "rescued" a young woman and her son from an abusive husband and discovered that she had a cat and a snake. My wife liked the cat but the snake was too much. I didn't mid either but after a week I noticed that every time I touched the cat my hands would itch and turn red. I started washing my hands and the irritation would pass quickly. I had become allergic... The young woman did all she could to keep the cat out of our living area and eventually moved out. My wife really likes cats so we talked about he getting another. Each cat we visited I reacted to. I never had severe problems, just itching and redness. It has been a decade or longer and she still wants a cat but not as much as she wants me to be free to touch her more. I haven't gotten another dog and likely won't until we move to a place where we have enough land for the dog to run. It will be trained and socialized but it will be a protector. She can have barn cats but they will turn into pets. I will deal with it.

We can begin our intimate time in the shower... 'nuff' said.

If you guys ever believe you have a woman figured out - you are probably dating a man. ;)

I had an uncle who taught me, at a young age the secret to living with a woman.
Not with words, but with his actions.
This it, "Let her have her way in all the little things & put your foot down in the big thing that you have your way."
There are many little thing & only a few big things.
One day a year I hung out with my male friends, the rest of my free time was divided between wife,kids & church.
DW would make plans on that one day & I would remind her I had made plans for that day already, but she had to try to get me to change my plans at least once. It may not work for everyone, but it has served me for fifty years, thirdly-eight of them as a married man. I met my wife fifty six years ago, when she tells me I am being hardheaded, I remind her, that she knew me & my family all her life & still married me.

1641853333949.png

Don't like cats. Will never have one on the place.
I wasn't wanting another one, but I like cats better than mice! I actually don't mind cats, but they aren't in the house if I'm not - not allowed on counters, tables etc. Our fur demon is about 8 months old and has shown us 7 mice and 2 birds so far. Not excited about her getting birds, but she's hunting.

I love the barn cats, they're great. They're always out hunting. We are up to 5 now, including the junior kitties. But no one comes in the house. My biggest love is also birds. Birds of any kind. I even kinda sorta liked "Precious", the spitting, hissing turkey vulture that was born in our milkhouse. But I am glad he's gone. He was a disgusting mess.

I like cats. I love my wife and kids and if cats bring them happiness Im ok with having cats.

My kids sre all grown up now. Are cats dwindled down to one old boy called Straws. He was a character. He made it to 20 year old.

The wife wated to get a couple kittens so thr grandkids have cats to play with. The pitbull doesnt care for them. He is not aggressive, just dont like them near him. He is warming up to them a bit though. He didnt mind Straws

Two barn cats we have, Jayrod and Kevin love the big porch in the afternoon. They sit on the rockers and soak in the sun. Two of our neighbors small dogs come over frequently, looking to eat cat food. Jayrod and Kevin send the dogs flying every single time. It's hilarious to watch.

This is all so funny. Husband and I married in 73. He said no cats. 2nd year he said I got you a cat but not to come in yard. Within a few weeks he was calling her up on porch to eat. 3 years later we built log cabin and moved in. A stray kitten showed up and he said outside only. She then was allowed in house and slept with me for 20 years. Over the years more cats showed up. If I could handle it , it went and was fixed. When we moved last year, I moved maybe 15 fully vetted cats. And one cat stays in house and sleeps with him. 3 feral cats are here now but are feral but only one is female. I am going to have to dispose of her or I will have too many more to feed. One of my fixed boys appears to have a large package under his tail. Vet notched his ear but he acts and looks intact. 48 years of telling me he as allergic plus 4.5 years of dating. Men

Thats the problem with cats, they breed like rats and kill song birds, and quail, both of which I like better. I read one time where people's pet cats kill up to 4 billion birds a year. Most of these cats are well fed "pets" too. I never could understand why people would let their cats run loose and keep their dogs fenced in. I'm glad that we dont have any neighbors, otherwise I'd have to eliminate their wandering pests.

I grew up with cats in the house, and a dog outside. I have never been too into the cats, but they have slept on my bed a lot. I grew up having been bitten many times by dogs, and I was chased by a pack of dogs once, and rescued by a neighbor while climbing onto a roof to escape them. Somehow, I overcame my fear of dogs. Daughter was all about cats when she was young, and she wanted cats. She had a couple that she left behind when she moved out. They are all gone now, and she has switched over to being a dog person. If I had my choice, I would have both.

Today is my 50th anniversary. The key is to respect each other. It is never 50/50 and we all know that. Sometimes it is 90/10 or any other combination. If he feels strongly about something and it is not unreasonable, I respect his wishes and he is the same with me. Otherwise the marriage is one-sided and it is better to find other opportunities to be happy.

BTW, he knows me very well. Instead of gold, he bought me my very own AR15.

Today is my 50th anniversary. The key is to respect each other. It is never 50/50 and we all know that. Sometimes it is 90/10 or any other combination. If he feels strongly about something and it is not unreasonable, I respect his wishes and he is the same with me. Otherwise the marriage is one-sided and it is better to find other opportunities to be happy.

BTW, he knows me very well. Instead of gold, he bought me my very own AR15.

😂 Hubby built me an AR because"I 'needed' one". He bought me a milk cow for Valentine's day and is building me a new barn for my birthday/Christmas present. ❤️

They have to behave!! Several people joke with me, when I say "NO", everyone stops in place - dogs, cats, husband! Things in my house are not for chewing, scratching, peeing on.......

I have to say the same.

Our dogs are well trained (even better than my folks dogs who were sent to a trainer for a few months at a time to be trained) and so are the cats. They sit, stay and lay when told. The fatty, Alice, is the one who rolls and shakes just like the dogs. She is highly food motivated.

I have to say the same.

Our dogs are well trained (even better than my folks dogs who were sent to a trainer for a few months at a time to be trained) and so are the cats. They sit, stay and lay when told. The fatty, Alice, is the one who rolls and shakes just like the dogs. She is highly food motivated.
Most men are too!😁😉

…One day a year I hung out with my male friends, the rest of my free time was divided between wife,kids & church.…

We are empty nesters and our children all live out of state. First Saturday of the month is “me” day. There is a local competition I enjoy competing in. Asked the wife not to make any other plans for me on that Saturday. Few months later wife told me SIL’s Birthday party was on my Saturday. “That’s fine” I said. I went to the competition. If the in-laws and/or the wife really wanted me to attend the Birthday party then wouldn’t they plan it for day that suited all of us?

My man is food motivated, for sure, Pearl. You got that right. I take his breakfast, lunch, and dinner order in the morning.
My MIL was a VERY limited cook, so Hubby never got to try a lot of different foods growing up. He is WELL fed now, but not necessarily food motivated. I have to implement other training methods sometimes!!😁😉

I don't have to worry about cats. My wife is deathly allergic We have to be very careful if we visit someone with a cat. The stay is short. She will only sit on hard furniture, and we are ready to bolt at the first sign that she is having difficulty breathing.

I didn't do this. I swear to God, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Ad in the paper: Need to re-own a dog. Small, terrier, barks a lot. If you are interested let me know, and I will jump over my neighbor's fence and get it for you.

Weedy I think your Post# 11 is a large part of her reasoning. Another part is her Vets will no longer perform declawing. She had used her inherence for new furniture and I'm guessing she doesn't want it destroyed. I believe this is the reason she suddenly remembered a pre-married understanding.

I can go barefoot again in my own house without concern about stepping on something wet like hairballs or worse.

Wife removed all the bed sheets she had covering the bed and furniture to protect them from fur.

Basement door can be shut to keep the heat down there. Basement is where the litter box, water and food was.

I can use the janitor sink in the wash room. Extra food and water dishes were in front of the sink.

No more yelling at the cat(s) to get off the table or counters which I was told they don't do.

No more subsidy from the human grocery budget for exotic food for the picky cats.

HALLELUJAH I'M FREE! HALLELUJAH I'M FREE AT LAST!

Its not about cats but befer in my dating days I had a GF that let me know that when we were married that there was goin to be no GUNZ in the house.. Boy im glad we came to that understanding early on and she was not going to be saddled with someone who would disappoint her at least once yearly.

Its not about cats but befer in my dating days I had a GF that let me know that when we were married that there was goin to be no GUNZ in the house.. Boy im glad we came to that understanding early on and she was not going to be saddled with someone who would disappoint her at least once yearly.

Giving ultimatums when you are dating? Sorry, but that would have been the end of the date, and the end of the relationship.

My wife hates cats more than I do.
The only indoor pet we ever had was a dove. Growing up, it was the same - dogs and rabbits belonged outside, only birds inside. I have friends that have indoor cats and the way they describe how they have to serve and pamper them just makes me scratch my head.
The only exception was my next door neighbor that had a cat that behaved more like a dog than a cat.
But we do have cats that hang out in the carport and the yard, and since they started hanging out, we haven't had any rats or mice. We used to. And the squirrel and chipmunk populations are kept in check. So I'll live with muddy cat prints on the cars because that's a helluva lot better than rodent infestations.

Did the cats find you at your new place, Phideaux?
We have cats on the porch. They're all on the rocking chairs right now because the sun is out. They chase the neighbor's dogs off the property and follow me around when I do outside chores. Cats and the guineas.
Well , let me tell ya about the cat experience.

2 of the 4 were very tame , catchable. 2 we're wilder than heduble L.

So, wife wants to take the 2 good ones.

I do know one thing about cats....they don't adapt well to a new place.
I told her they won't like it.
I told her that as soon as she opened the carrier...it would be like a bullet and heading in the direction of their old home.

She fed him , left him in carrier overnight, next morning.....opened door...zoom...like a bullet...exactly like I said , same thing with number 2. That was 4 months ago, haven't seen hide nor hair of either one.

I once took a cat 15 miles from home and gave it a new home years ago.
1 week later it was on the back porch.

Babies raised on back porch will stay....not older cats .

Wife is wanting to get a couple new baby kittens in the spring for the back porch.
I'm ok with that as long as I don't have to be bothered with them.

Jim

Latest posts

Back