"FISH OIL" Storage........"Long-Long-Long TERM"

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am thinking "freeze" it in the bottom of one of the chest freezers. Anyone have a gooder idea for super loooong term storage of "Survival Fish Oil"..........????

Tootsie

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I don’t think that you can do any better than freezing it. You want cold, not a heat process...... the only thing I can offer is use glass containers. Plastic, even quality brands like Tupperware, will not protect your product. I’ve had cider frozen for 3 years in Mason jars and it was still very good.

SoJer

All In.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
..Anyone have a gooder idea for super loooong term storage of "Survival Fish Oil"..........????
Well, I mean.. Better than those 'Tall' cans of Red Sockeye, bone/skin and all? Usually good for at Least 5-6 yrs, IIrc, and no freezing required.. Or, are you talking more like the 'Omega-3 supplement'-level? Or am I entirely on the wrong frequency altogether? :)

jd

joel

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have Northern Catch pink Salmon 418g best by JUN 2025
So that is vacuumed can at room temperture for 4 years.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have Northern Catch pink Salmon 418g best by JUN 2025
So that is vacuumed can at room temperture for 4 years.
Thanks for bringing this up,we have some vitimins we need to store too. Maybe freeze cod liver oil,man that stuff was nasty tasting when mama made us take it from a spoon.

joel

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My wife is into plant based vitimins, has me on all that stuff inculdingplant based Omega 3,5,6,7,9. I like the Salmon taste & it is easy & fast to prepare.

Latest posts