Free Farm For Sale

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom P

Need Help With Farm
Neighbor
I am a retired, disabled dr. (raised on a farm) who 7 years ago decided to create a small (5 acre) self-sustaining project raising raised bed produce, herbs, orchard, berries - anything that would grow in my zone 6A climate (So IL, next to Mississippi R).Woods allow growing timber, ginsing, morel mushrooms. Can generate income from produce, herbs sold at weekend street fairs. Large spring fed lake well stocked, ample deer. Waterfall can generate hydroelectric power. Solar & wind also viable. All tools, small machinery, storage sheds that are needed. Am seeking person(s) to take over what I started; declining health necessitates I transfer ownership (free & clear) to mature, honest, hard-working folk(s) who shares my vision. Pressed to choose by early spring. Future projects include pier, greenhouse. Existing cabin has pool, spa. Ideal lake side home sites - underground, yurt, tiny home, or even tree house envisioned. Will screen thoroughly. Would prefer vet as I have no experience with weapons, defense. Unique, genuine opportunity. Will respond to serious inquiries. [email protected]

5 acres with:

Woods allow growing timber.
Large spring fed lake well stocked, ample deer.
Waterfall can generate hydroelectric power.
Solar & wind also viable. (in a woods?).
All tools, small machinery, storage sheds that are needed.
Future projects include pier, greenhouse. Existing cabin has pool, spa.

All of this on 5 acres?

My skeptical antenna is radiating.

I am a retired, disabled dr. (raised on a farm) who 7 years ago decided to create a small (5 acre) self-sustaining project raising raised bed produce, herbs, orchard, berries - anything that would grow in my zone 6A climate (So IL, next to Mississippi R).Woods allow growing timber, ginsing, morel mushrooms. Can generate income from produce, herbs sold at weekend street fairs. Large spring fed lake well stocked, ample deer. Waterfall can generate hydroelectric power. Solar & wind also viable. All tools, small machinery, storage sheds that are needed. Am seeking person(s) to take over what I started; declining health necessitates I transfer ownership (free & clear) to mature, honest, hard-working folk(s) who shares my vision. Pressed to choose by early spring. Future projects include pier, greenhouse. Existing cabin has pool, spa. Ideal lake side home sites - underground, yurt, tiny home, or even tree house envisioned. Will screen thoroughly. Would prefer vet as I have no experience with weapons, defense. Unique, genuine opportunity. Will respond to serious inquiries. [email protected]

Sounds to me like at this point it is a tiny home with a pool and spa that needs capable workers to build the dream? Why not join some homesteading/prepper websites/groups in your area and simply recruit members for a BOL or commune type homestead?

Not interested in any property in IL, at any price. CA, WA, OR, NJ, MA and NY are also out of the running. Probably others, my list of likely places gets shorter and shorter.

I doubt that you will see Tom again. I'd be willing to bet he is posting this on every homesteader and prepper site he can get it posted on without a wait time. You might get a response emailing him at the address he posted. Or get on a spam list. No way to tell.

Preppers,

Your irrational cynicism and assuming (incorrectly) without gaining more facts are disheartening. Everything I stated is true. You might wish to look up "altruism" in the dictionary. I am blessed, perhaps cursed with altruism. Giving wisely tends to be rewarded, if not in money then in spiritual growth.

When I worked as a psychologist before becoming disabled, I learned that cynical, suspicious, judgemental people are this way due to character weaknesses. You really did the screening for me - it appears this sampling of "preppers" lack the wisdom not to look a gift horse in the mouth. I will not waste time with such a rock throwing, closed minded, toxic cynical crowd. If you could but realize you are projecting your flaws into distorting an accurate perception of my offer. But if there does exist an open-minded individual who cares to review the facts please email me. It is as I said, and more. More work than should be remains to be done because I hired from the start a series of, well, "doped up white trash" is the derogatory term used in these parts. A great deal of my funds were wasted or stolen due to these dishonest predators. My fault for hiring them as I tend not to be cynical enough when it is truly deserved. One extreme or the other we gravitate to if not careful.

And, yes, one can apply the new microthin film solar collectors on a cabin's roof -even with woods nearby. Amazing, isn't it. My instinct, based on serving several military bases over the years in FL & AK, was to work through a disabled vet agency. the vets deserve a break and I am sure instead of cynically judging and ridiculing what I offer they would first want to be debriefed with facts, photos, & on site inspection.

Best wishes to your efforts as I have spent most of my life studying prophesy, and what you sense is valid - the "5th age" is indeed coming to a close with a bang Hopi elders say. We all see the house of cards, but who can say when it falls. Preparation is wise, although likely it will not help. If there were preppers at the time of Noah (well, he could be considered a divinely guided prepper - perhaps the first), would it have helped in face of the flood? But to be wisely prepared would not hurt. I have most of the work done on this project, aided by being raised on a much larger farm & the largest orchard in IL during the 60s & inherently a goal directed worker. But the right person needs to help complete my vision. Sell? One with a vision does not sell.

I will not be checking your forum again, nor any other for that matter, after experiencing so much rudeness, so farewell and good luck. But one more thing - please do yourself a favor and try to summon open-mindedness, be less judgmental, and seek info pragmatically, not cynically, rather than so impulsively and cynically judge. Easier to throw out a cynical judgement & accusation rather than do the homework & seek the facts needed to make a rational decision. i hope majority of preppers are less cynical, and more open to acquiring facts than what I have witnessed here. Tom P

Preppers,

Your irrational cynicism and assuming (incorrectly) without gaining more facts are disheartening. Everything I stated is true. You might wish to look up "altruism" in the dictionary. I am blessed, perhaps cursed with altruism. Giving wisely tends to be rewarded, if not in money then in spiritual growth.

When I worked as a psychologist before becoming disabled, I learned that cynical, suspicious, judgemental people are this way due to character weaknesses. You really did the screening for me - it appears this sampling of "preppers" lack the wisdom not to look a gift horse in the mouth. I will not waste time with such a rock throwing, closed minded, toxic cynical crowd. If you could but realize you are projecting your flaws into distorting an accurate perception of my offer. But if there does exist an open-minded individual who cares to review the facts please email me. It is as I said, and more. More work than should be remains to be done because I hired from the start a series of, well, "doped up white trash" is the derogatory term used in these parts. A great deal of my funds were wasted or stolen due to these dishonest predators. My fault for hiring them as I tend not to be cynical enough when it is truly deserved. One extreme or the other we gravitate to if not careful.

And, yes, one can apply the new microthin film solar collectors on a cabin's roof -even with woods nearby. Amazing, isn't it. My instinct, based on serving several military bases over the years in FL & AK, was to work through a disabled vet agency. the vets deserve a break and I am sure instead of cynically judging and ridiculing what I offer they would first want to be debriefed with facts, photos, & on site inspection.

Best wishes to your efforts as I have spent most of my life studying prophesy, and what you sense is valid - the "5th age" is indeed coming to a close with a bang Hopi elders say. We all see the house of cards, but who can say when it falls. Preparation is wise, although likely it will not help. If there were preppers at the time of Noah (well, he could be considered a divinely guided prepper - perhaps the first), would it have helped in face of the flood? But to be wisely prepared would not hurt. I have most of the work done on this project, aided by being raised on a much larger farm & the largest orchard in IL during the 60s & inherently a goal directed worker. But the right person needs to help complete my vision. Sell? One with a vision does not sell.

I will not be checking your forum again, nor any other for that matter, after experiencing so much rudeness, so farewell and good luck. But one more thing - please do yourself a favor and try to summon open-mindedness, be less judgmental, and seek info pragmatically, not cynically, rather than so impulsively and cynically judge. Easier to throw out a cynical judgement & accusation rather than do the homework & seek the facts needed to make a rational decision. i hope majority of preppers are less cynical, and more open to acquiring facts than what I have witnessed here. Tom P

Do I detect narcissism here?

For me, a better response would be to engage with the members of this group, addressing concerns and telling more about himself. What about family? A person of integrity usually thinks of family first, even if the family would want to sell the land and benefit from the sale.

But, how dare we not trust someone who wants to give us something, who is a first time poster, whom we have never engaged with before? Because he is a doctor, a psychologist at that?! And then whose response is that WE have character flaws? Oh, of course that means we HAVE to trust everything he says!

I think it is a character flaw to trust someone whom you have never met before. BTW, anyone here have any swamp land in Arizona?

Anyone here ever been lied to and taken advantage of before? I have, more than once, for the liar's benefit, of course!

Last edited:
Nice of you to stop in and make one unbelievable post then berate anyone who questions that virtually unbelievable post. So you are now leaving all us low-lifes after observing us through a couple of replies on your one post. I wonder which one of us makes snap judgments on their fellow man?
To me it is an obvious scam.

Ruthie_TakeMyBallHome.gif

Do I detect narcissism here?

For me, a better response would be to engage with the members of this group, addressing concerns and telling more about himself. What about family? A person of integrity usually thinks of family first, even if the family would want to sell the land and benefit from the sale.

But, how dare we not trust someone who wants to give us something, who is a first time poster, whom we have never engaged with before? Because he is a doctor, a psychologist at that?! And then whose response is that WE have character flaws? Oh, of course that means we HAVE to trust everything he says!

I think it is a character flaw to trust someone whom you have never met before. BTW, anyone here have any swamp land in Arizona?

Anyone here ever been lied to and taken advantage of before? I have, more than once, for the liar's benefit, of course!
Yes, you did

Preppers,

As a veteran, I wouldn't trust you any further than I could throw you.
Several of us have been burnt by so called psychologist.
As for us preppers we're a cynical bunch.
If you got took advantage of.
By your "poor white trash" you probably left the door open.
You get what you pay for.
It would have been nice of you to have pictures of your place when you made your offer.
But no it's easier to be offended.
What a crock of BS.

Would prefer vet as I have no experience with weapons, defense.

I knew from his first post we would never get along , IL is not a firearm friendly state.:

Laws on Purchase, Possession and Carrying of Firearms
Purchase
A buyer is required to show his Firearms Owner’s Identification Card (FOID) when purchasing any firearms or ammunition. Any seller is required to withhold delivery of any handgun for 72 hours, and of any rifle or shotgun for 24 hours, after the buyer and seller reach an agreement to purchase a firearm. The waiting period does not apply to a buyer who is a dealer, law enforcement officer, or a nonresident at a gun show recognized by the Illinois Department of State Police. The seller must retain for 10 years a record of the transfer, including a description of the firearm (including serial number), the identity of the buyer, and the buyer’s FOID number.

Possession
It is unlawful to possess any firearm or ammunition without a valid FOID.

More work than should be remains to be done because I hired from the start a series of, well, "doped up white trash" is the derogatory term used in these parts. A great deal of my funds were wasted or stolen due to these dishonest predators.

Perhaps this is one reason not to want anything to do with this property?

The people who did some work there are aware of the property and all it holds. if they are indeed "doped up white trash" it would not be beneath them to visit the property as they wished and perhaps help themselves to whatever they could grab. They might also be the neighbors I recommended they ask, to see if they were interested.

The property might also be in a true "doped up white trash" area that the current owner only realized after they had invested a good sum of funds.

Were I a younger man, I would most likely have written a response to them.

I did a search of a few forums that I belong to for free farm for sale. No post about this anywhere that I frequent, even the old hangout.

Google could only find one instance also, here. Searched for other selected snippets of the post, they were also unique to this forum.

Latest posts

Back