Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to meet :D
and I had no idea there were so many ice cream flavors...
Is ice cream a thing in England? We have a long aisle that is just ice cream, by several different makers. There are so many options. I do have a quart of vanilla in my freezer that has been there since last summer when I had the idea to make baked Alaska. I have the creme de menthe to add to it. Ice cream is probably not so good now.

What did he shoot? When I saw him he put an arrow through a dummy Sadam Hussein.
He didn't shoot anything that show. Later I saw him shot the white Buffalo.

Never got to see Rush or BOC, never was around here. Would have loved to saw them both.
Two shows I am so disappointed I didn't get to go see are Bad Company, couldn't get off work and should have laid out. And Scorpions, was in school and could afford to eat hardly. Concert tickets wasn't an option

Based on the responses regarding best concerts I can tell y'all are way younger than me.

Well the question was your favorite; not necessarily your first. I think my first was Three Dog Night around 1971. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Have seen them two or three times since, and still enjoy their music, even with only one of the original members still performing.

Damn how old are you CF? Most of the stuff mentioned was in the 60s, 70s, 80s. Majority of us, I think are 50s, 60s, and 70s yo
I am 70. I guess I was into country western when I grew up. I was also into folk music Bob Dylan, Peter, Paul, & Mary, Cat Stevens, Simon & Garfunkel, Pete Seger, Joan Baez, and the like. I was never into "rock bands.".

I am 70. I guess I was into country western when I grew up. I was also into folk music Bob Dylan, Peter, Paul, & Mary, Cat Stevens, Simon & Garfunkel, Pete Seger, Joan Baez, and the like. I was never into "rock bands.".
The first concert I ever went to was in Jan 1974 in Chicago. I saw Bob Dylan. I be been a fan of him since I was 12. What an incredible lyricist. I think I’ve seen him 7 or 8 times in my life. You liked all the music I liked. Folk type music. But I was into rock bands, too.

No bumper stickers.

Pralines and cream ice cream

Jimmy Carter

Bananas

Elton John (twice) Farewell Tour
And The Eagles in the last couple years.

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say? Just a blue line American Flag magnetic sticker.
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? French Vanilla
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from? My mother, who died when I was 10
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc) Artichokes
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? Beatles in 1964 or Led Zeppelin in 1972 or Pink Floyd in 1975

do not have bumper sticker, but If I did it would read.
"Lily Tang Williams ask David Hogg to guarantee that the government will never be Tyrannical David replied NO."

1: no stickers on my car- never have.
2: I am allergic to milk but if I’m brave (or dumb) a scoop of homemade vanilla with some homemade kalhua over it 🤤
3: 🤔 anything I plant that the voles eat.
4: Jesus of course but my great great grandmother
5: I’ve not been to as many concerts as most of you, but Mark O’Connor was awesome.

Is ice cream a thing in England? We have a long aisle that is just ice cream, by several different makers. There are so many options. I do have a quart of vanilla in my freezer that has been there since last summer when I had the idea to make baked Alaska. I have the creme de menthe to add to it. Ice cream is probably not so good now.
It is lol, but I'm not in England. Next country over. Down in the city there are ice cream shops with about 30 flavours, but they aren't on my rader, so I was surprised at your variety. Wouldn't mind, but I have an ice cream recipe book.Really should make some.

It is lol, but I'm not in England. Next country over. Down in the city there are ice cream shops with about 30 flavours, but they aren't on my rader, so I was surprised at your variety. Wouldn't mind, but I have an ice cream recipe book. Really should make some.
I've had a crank ice cream maker for years, but don't use it myself, only with students. It is a good thing to have children do the cranking, especially active and rambunctious children. I got an electric Cuisinart ice cream maker last summer at a yard sale, like new, for $5. I've used it once. I don't need to be eating ice cream!! But, I would like a good collection of ice cream recipes.

Day on the Green, Oakland Colleseum in California, 1977...Led Zeppelin. My flower child years. There were so many Day on the Greens I went to, that was the thing to do. Aerosmith, Heart...I can't remember them all. I'd buy my older sis a ticket and then she'd drive me and a carload of friends.
jealous there, never saw Zeppelin

It is lol, but I'm not in England. Next country over. Down in the city there are ice cream shops with about 30 flavours, but they aren't on my rader, so I was surprised at your variety. Wouldn't mind, but I have an ice cream recipe book.Really should make some.
Can you buy raw milk there? (Like from your neighbor, not a store)

1. No auto bumper stickers, but our travel trailer has a map with all the states we've visited filled in.
2. Pralines and cream
3. Not too concerned with famous people, but there are some rascals on my family tree....
4. All kinds of citrus
5. Seven Nations in Estes Park; Jimmy Buffet in Denver with the sun setting behind the Rockies

Based on the responses regarding best concerts I can tell y'all are way younger than me.

BTW, I wanted to see Rush before we died, too. He was a great radio personality. He talked my style of politics.
BTW, just which "Rush" are You typing about...?!? :confused2:

Latest posts

Back